Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:23 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I am not American .. but what do you guys from America say ?
at this point, it's too early to tell, for me anyway....depends on who else runs as well....

Old 06-14-2018, 09:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
I will be surprised if he actually runs again. I know he's been campaigning again ever since he set foot in office, but I just do not know if he'll have it in him to go through another 4 years if he were to win, so it's possible he might just call his mission complete and ride off into the sunset to Trump Tower or something.

I don't think he really likes the job itself. The attention? Yes. The negative attention? No.

If he has many more blunders he may begin to think it too risky. This is a guy known for pulling up stakes when a deal doesn't go as he planned.

Big question is... how much more money is being president making his other companies? If it's a LOT of money (I suspect it is), he may feel like he has to run again and try to secure the presidency for a 2nd term just because it's better for his bottom line, even IF he has no real interest in being president.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
English Dave I am just an interested outside observer. I have predicted here for many months, in my posts that Trump could win quite easily in 2020.
and he did, you were so right.

Quote:
He is a curious man. Self delusional, vindictive, and a liar. He praises dictators, and attacks his allies. But, he is a man who was long overdue for Americans. Many citizens are sick to death of the way America has been drifting for decades.
201% correct.

Quote:
He has managed to ride the wave of an improving economy, that began long before he became President. He boasts loudly, but has actually achieved very little.
I disagree.....

Quote:
Meeting Kim of Korea, a meeting the NK leadership have wanted for decades, is no great achievement. Kim has wanted to be the big man internationally for a long time. Now, we have a POTUS praising him as being not a bad guy. Plus he loves his half starved people..........
yes, and he is making a star out of the man, hmmm, wonder why?

Quote:
But, it's all about the economy at the end of the day. Donald is waving the big stick, and many Americans like that. He says the things they want to hear. He insults his allies, and tears up agreements which took years to negotiate.
whatever took years to negotiate, that he's tore up, needed to be....

Quote:
Trade tariffs work both ways. If leaders get carried away with tit for tat actions, we could have a world wide recession down the line. America has good trade deals with most of the world. The one country who really is taking advantage is China.
yes, we could, yet, what else is there to do, he is trying to cut corners...?

Quote:
The Dems are like rabbits caught in the headlights. They are partly to blame for all this. Americans are fed up of folks like Hillary Clinton being put up as a candidate just because it's their turn. She was done as soon as her heels were on display being dragged into that vehicle.
yes they were, they have become way too liberal expecting people to change in one generation, and it can't be done, you cannot change a person's culture/beliefs....and when you try to force it on them, it makes them even more resistant...takes generations to change and American's were just way to pissed off.

Quote:
They have better find someone good....... real good. The candidate has better have some fighting spirit, because Trump will try and rip him apart. He is good at discovering weakness, and then giving it a nickname. It will be a him....... they won't chance another female candidate at this time.
Yes, indeed, b/c Americans no longer trust smooth talking Obamas/Bushes who decieved us, promised us and did the opposite taking care of they're good ol boys.

Quote:
But the days of day dreaming of Trump draining the swamp are over - he is the swamp. His family are busy enriching themselves, as tent cities get bigger. Hard working folks are turning their eyes away. There but for the grace of God go I. Most Republican politicians seem intimidated, and frightened of crossing Donald Trump. As usual, they are putting their own careers first, before what's good for America.
Republican's are not frightened of Trump, they are frightened of us, we sent a message to them when we voted Trump in, and they know that....that is why, they started licking his boots after he was elected, including Ted. Have you heard what Romney's been saying lately?

Quote:
I just hope Trump will not trigger a world wide recession, and get through his time in office without anything truly awful happening. His base will stand by him no matter what.
I can't answer that and won't but will say this, so many people deemed Obama as the anti-christ, but we go thru it.

I will give Obama this, "SMOOTH".

don't kid yourself, most Americans see the liberal lying media for what it is, and have known it for years, they just didn't want to believe it.

The best way to power is by convincing people they need you, by lack of intelligence, and keeping them poor.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-14-2018 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 09:44 AM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
He wins by a landslide.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
He wins by a landslide.
Yep. Barring unlikely unforeseen circumstances, we will re-live 1984.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yep. Barring unlikely unforeseen circumstances, we will re-live 1984.
You mean like the book 1984? Never ending war?

Old 06-14-2018, 10:08 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
The Magic 8 ball says, "You may rely on it"

Old 06-14-2018, 10:09 AM

482 posts, read 242,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yeah, especially considering how successful they were with that strategy 2 years ago.
They had a terrible candidate, but we all know how well that strategy worked 6 and 10 years ago when they had a decent canidate.

He instantly got 90% of an entire demographic just for being black. There are a lot more women in this country than African Americans. A good female candidate will get a stupid portion of female voters just for having a vagina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZgfSrsBv-4

Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The Magic 8 ball says, "You may rely on it"
Nope

Guess again.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 AM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Just shows ya. You can be a sociopathic, lying, crotch grabbing, back stabbing, childish name calling, delusional, non swamp draining fool, and still become President of the United States these days. These are desperate times for sure.

Makes it even worse the Dems haven't got a decent person ready to take him on. Chickens have come home to roost for sure. Americans are so sick to death of cheating politicians in general, that such a man as Trump could well be reelected.

I'll say one thing though. His lies are getting ever fancier. Parents of dead American soldiers buried in North Korea are asking him to bring their bodies home huh? How old must they be again these parents? I heard about 110.
Wait, I thought they were pushing Oprah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections