Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 09:25 PM

20,881 posts, read 9,579,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and here is another fascist liberal, saying rural people are "less educated".... more liberal elitism
First of all, I said rural AND less educated people. I didn't say rural people are less educated.

But second of all, now that you mention it, yes indeed, rural people ARE factually less educated
Quote:
And less than 1 in 5 [of people in rural areas] – 19.5 percent – had earned a bachelor's degree, shy of urban America's 29 percent mark.
No doubt to you, citing a factual statistic is still going to make me a "fascist liberal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 09:29 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,518,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
First of all, I said rural AND less educated people. I didn't say rural people are less educated.

But second of all, now that you mention it, yes indeed, rural people ARE factually less educated
No doubt to you, citing a factual statistic is still going to make me a "fascist liberal."
so you are saying that our social school experiment is failing to educate

Old 06-23-2018, 09:32 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,518,800 times
Quote:

1. rural , most likely do not need the degrees

2. education comes from primary schooling... which seems to be the point of failure

3. and wow, 29% have degrees.... in what, welfare system fraud...

Old 06-23-2018, 10:47 PM

32,127 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
see... if liberals keep dismissing other opinions (I do have a right to an opinion, do I not) they will lose more votes....

the people want to be represented, not dismissed... and liberal have turned their backs on the workingclass (the class that BUILT the democrats)
Well since Trump uses H2B workers at Mar A Largo, wouldn’t you say he’s turned his back on the middle class. Unions are fighting hard against these visas.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:12 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,754,896 times
Quote:

Rural people grow your food and provide your resources (coal, oil, steel, etc...)

Plus some blue collar workers in the city decide to retire and live out in rural areas because they're safe, and quiet.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Rural people grow your food and provide your resources (coal, oil, steel, etc...) .
Everyone who works contributes to society in some way. What does that have to do with the fact that they are less educated?

Nothing whatsoever.

You just are chafing at the truth.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:54 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,642,739 times
Quote:
and jams is again calling people in rural areas , livestock...

yep liberal elitism strikes again
Jesus - you're just as incapable of reading the english language as you are at simple arithmetic. I would never have dreamed one single person could be so catastrophically bad at two completely different things.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:11 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,310,025 times
Quote:
1. rural , most likely do not need the degrees

2. education comes from primary schooling... which seems to be the point of failure

3. and wow, 29% have degrees.... in what, welfare system fraud...
Reminds me of a line from an old Alan Sherman parody, “The Dropout’s March”.

“We must unite, and fight, fight, fight
For good old stupidity!”

Old 06-24-2018, 08:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times
Quote:
and jams is again calling people in rural areas , livestock...

yep liberal elitism strikes again
LOL. Oh, workingclasshero, please never get an education and learn how to comprehend what you read. You would be so much less amusing if you ever mastered that very basic first grade skill, and what fun would that be?

Old 06-24-2018, 08:19 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,063,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Iowa all changing for the Democrats while Georgia, Texas, and Arizona are more strongly Republican. Only major changes from 2012: Florida is now Republican and Utah is practically a coin flip.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-state-polling
I'm neither Republican nor conservative, but I really don't trust Vox's polling.

The outcome in November really depends on if the economy keeps humming along. If we see more income growth, especially in the upper Midwest, then swing voters will shrug, go to the polls, and vote Republican. Of course, this assumes the Donald can put a sock in it during the month of October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections