Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 12:24 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,843,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sure, ground up is better, so I cast votes in all elections, but I just cant justify wasting my vote on someone I don't trust at all, and think is a danger to our society in general. I'm offended when people paint that as not being "grown up" as if it shows some sort of superiority to **** into the ocean with your disingenuous vote for a sociopath.
The difference is I don't think she's a sociopath. I also don't think she's a "danger to society". I think she is an elitist who loves power and cuts deals with big money interests. I think that after 4 years of her we'd still have a country that we could still fight to change to whatever we want it to be. With Trump, we were looking at a far right cohort of people that wanted to dismantle EVERYTHING, including all that progressive progress over the last century. But you know, it's all the same right? Whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
The difference is I don't think she's a sociopath. I also don't think she's a "danger to society". I think she is an elitist who loves power and cuts deals with big money interests. I think that after 4 years of her we'd still have a country that we could still fight to change to whatever we want it to be. With Trump, we were looking at a far right cohort of people that wanted to dismantle EVERYTHING, including all that progressive progress over the last century. But you know, it's all the same right? Whatever.
It is. Two different extremes with different ideology, and tons of corruption, but still a destructive outcome.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:28 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,424,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...rianism-video/

didn't Hillary Clinton have a billion dollar campaign, the Obama administration, most of the news media, never Trump Republicans, and Hollywood to help fight the supposed "fake news" that cost her the election? Why wasn't that enough? Should she have spent ten billion instead?
Wow. Just wow.

Russia is a multi-ethnic state. They just opened a huge mosque in Moscow. Plenty of ethnic strife and hatred, but white supremecist not really.

White Russians predominate in population size and economic power, but ethnic groups are in control of lots of their own "republics." There are Buddhists in a corner of Europe, Kalmykia republic and large expanses of of mineral rich Siberia, Sakha republic, is ruled by Asians.

She really fails to grasp what happened 2 years ago.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:48 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,822,000 times
I gain less respect for her by the day for not blaming herself and her advisers for her loss. It's been over a year and half, she needs to get over it. Run for mayor of NYC or something.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:26 PM

652 posts, read 343,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
‘Progressive progress’? Now that is an oxymoron if I ever heard one!

Old 07-02-2018, 03:09 AM

8,927 posts, read 4,670,010 times
Twasn’t the Russians. ‘twas those fugly pants suits.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:02 PM

7,202 posts, read 6,910,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
....and she should have listened to her husband (especially about where to campaign) instead of listening to Robby Mook.
Agreed. Mook is a jackass and even had the nerve to mock Bill. People can say what they want about Bill, but the guy is smart as a whip when it comes to politics. He knows a thing or two about winning elections.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:04 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,210,132 times
I don't understand the Trump Cult's weird obsession with Hillary Clinton. Let's review the facts:

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million legitimate votes.
Donald Trump won the electoral college by a very thin margin, a mere 100,000 votes spread across three states.
Trump won and is president.

The Trump Cult needs to accept their victory and move on. Talking about Hillary in 2018 doesn't make sense. It's not 2016.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:04 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,139,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't understand the Trump Cult's weird obsession with Hillary Clinton. Let's review the facts:

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million legitimate votes.
Donald Trump won the electoral college by a very thin margin, a mere 100,000 votes spread across three states.
Trump won and is president.

The Trump Cult needs to accept their victory and move on. Talking about Hillary in 2018 doesn't make sense. It's not 2016.
Hillary is going all over the world and spekaing

many Democrats nod their head and agree with what Hillary says

Hillary has a Super PAC and is fighting to stop Trump's SCOTUS pick

therefore she will still be talked about

don't like it, don't click on the thread.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,181,052 times
The title of the thread and the subsequent responses are hilarious considering the Senate report yesterday. Anyone want to tackle why Russia wanted Trump to win so badly? Any thoughts on why Trump won't punish Russia in any way for undermining our democratic institutions? I'm thinking those things matter far more than what Hillary is and isn't saying in irrelevancy. Happy 4th... you guys still know what that is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections