Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 03:59 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,057,756 times

Advertisements

I will offer no opinions on this topic but it sure make me wonder if we are living a repeat of a dark terrible time in human history.......

5 Ways Donald Trump Perfectly Mirrors Hitler's Rise To Power | Cracked.com

The History Place - Rise of Hitler: The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 04:22 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,810,368 times
Fake News. Another scare tactic from the Media since the Russia investigation is turning into another version of McCarthyism.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
I will offer no opinions on this topic but it sure make me wonder if we are living a repeat of a dark terrible time in human history.......

5 Ways Donald Trump Perfectly Mirrors Hitler's Rise To Power | Cracked.com

The History Place - Rise of Hitler: The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party
It’s good that you don’t offer opinions cause it will reflect poorly on you as it already does for bringing Nazi into the conversation....

Old 07-01-2018, 08:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
wrong forum. using cracked.com as a source is an interesting touch, however.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:37 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
I read this article when it came out in October 2015. The excerpts from Trump's website were accurate and were there on his website. Read them yourself - it isn't like what's there goes against what Trump has been saying. The only claim I thought was dubious was the one about Mein Kampf. However, the 1990 article from Vanity Fair does a quote from Trump explicitly stating he had a copy. He also claimed "if I had it, I'd never read it." Uh... but you just said you did have it.

Anyway, while the site is satire, it isn't The Onion. Trump did say these things. And in some ways, what he is doing does parallel what Hitler did. Now, I did not live in 1930s Germany when Hitler rose to power, so I can only go by what history recorded. And no, I'm not saying Trump = Hitler. What I am saying is that the way Trump rallied Americans together is very similar to how Hitler rallied Germans together.

So, it is very easy to dismiss this as "Cracked is not a news source." I don't think people would disagree. But, Cracked is citing news sources. Trump did say these things. And they are connecting dots between what Trump has undoubtedly said to what Hitler said. And this article was written before Trump was even elected.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:01 PM

There are many stories that point out how Trumps action mirror the actions of Hitler in the 1930's. "Cracked" is but one.

The point here is the impossible one.......getting people (Trump fans are a hopeless lot) to discuss what Trump and the Republican party are really doing. Not wasting time picking at me or defending Trump. Nothing more........

Old 07-02-2018, 01:39 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times
Idiocy. The left are the facists.

1) Crazed Bernie supporter shooting Republican Congressmen
2) Crazed illegal attempts to assassinate Trump
3) Rigging of Democrat primaries
4) Black-clad thugs commiting violence in the streets
5) Attempts to rig polls, a exposed by wikileaks
6) DNC sends thugs to Trump rallies to incite violence and film result (admission caught on tape and operatives fired for it)
7) Collusion with DNCS and media to help Hillary win a debate (which she lost anyway)
8) Massive use of fake news to try to discredit a legitimate president

And on and on. Grow up. The Democrats are the bad guys, and increasingly, everyone is waking up to it. Donald Trump simply had the nerve to win an elections, and of course, fascists don't like it when you beat then by fair and legal means.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
^^^

An unhinged little rant.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
. Donald Trump simply had the nerve to win an elections, and of course, fascists don't like it when you beat then by fair and legal means.

Trump did not"win" the election.

He was appointed by the right wing electoral college.

Like it or not Hillary "won" the popular vote which elects all other Gov't offices.

and yes, the rant was unhinged.........

Old 07-02-2018, 02:57 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Trump did not"win" the election.

He was appointed by the right wing electoral college.

Like it or not Hillary "won" the popular vote which elects all other Gov't offices.

and yes, the rant was unhinged.........

You stated in the original post that you will not offer opinions but here you offer opinions which makes me suspect that all along you were there at the start to offer it.

Trump won the election. That is why he is the president.

The electoral college is neither right wing or left wing.

Hillary winning the popular vote has no meaning in a presidential election. Please attend a civics class that you obviously missed in school.

Wonder whose rant was unhinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections