Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 07:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He is currently 66, so even in 2020 Hickenlooper will be younger than Clinton & Trump were in 2016 (albeit only a couple years) but I would agree that my preference would be someone a bit younger.
As per local news last night, Gov. Hickenlooper is currently vacationing in New Hampshire and will be doing some political stuff while there. He’s also planning a trip to Iowa in August.

And so it may begin.
Sigh.

“While the term-limited Colorado governor is no stranger to summer holidays near Squam Lake, his visit to help open a New Hampshire Democratic Party field office on Thursday continues to fuel speculation he is seriously preparing a presidential bid.
Hickenlooper is also preparing for trips to Iowa in August. Hickenlooper has previously said this summer will be critical in his decision making process.“

https://kdvr.com/2018/07/25/hickenlo...id-is-serious/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe not but they aren't interested in addressing the actual problem either.
If they do not want anything done why is it the number one issue: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/174851...-2018-midterms

Old 07-26-2018, 12:48 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,694,677 times
O'Mally /Cuomo or Cuomo/O'Mally

Old 07-26-2018, 01:03 PM

20,761 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can you even name the previous chairmen of the DNC without googling it . Likley not unless you just looked it up for for because unlike the RNC head, the DNC chairman isnt really a public figure.

I'm an independent/Republican hybrid and I can name Donna Brasile and Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz of the DNC because of the Dem scandals. I remember Reince Priebus as head of the RNC because I was a campaign volunteer. But I can't tell you who the current RNC head is. I think it's a woman with dark hair.

Isn't their job basically to fundraise and distribute the money to the various campaigns?

Old 07-26-2018, 01:08 PM

20,761 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I remember Reince Priebus as head of the RNC because I was a campaign volunteer. But I can't tell you who the current RNC head is. I think it's a woman with dark hair.
Ha! Synchronicity! As soon as I posted the above, I checked my inbox and found this:

The media giant, Twitter, is accused of "Shadowbanning" many conservative Republicans as reported by Vice News, The term "Shadowbanning" comes from the act of an online media service banning a user or their content while the user is unaware of the ban. Vice reports "The Republican Party chair Ronna McDaniel, several conservative Republican congressmen, and Donald Trump Jr.’s spokesman no longer appear in the auto-populated drop-down search box on Twitter."

Old 07-26-2018, 03:27 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
I'm an independent/Republican hybrid and I can name Donna Brasile and Debbie Blabbermouth Schultz of the DNC because of the Dem scandals. I remember Reince Priebus as head of the RNC because I was a campaign volunteer. But I can't tell you who the current RNC head is. I think it's a woman with dark hair.

Isn't their job basically to fundraise and distribute the money to the various campaigns?
Quote:
Ha! Synchronicity! As soon as I posted the above, I checked my inbox and found this:

The media giant, Twitter, is accused of "Shadowbanning" many conservative Republicans as reported by Vice News, The term "Shadowbanning" comes from the act of an online media service banning a user or their content while the user is unaware of the ban. Vice reports "The Republican Party chair Ronna McDaniel, several conservative Republican congressmen, and Donald Trump Jr.’s spokesman no longer appear in the auto-populated drop-down search box on Twitter."

Exactly, as much as people talk about the DNC chair, you would think the DNC and RNC chairs were both prominent figures, but they arent.

Even as both parties have had sitting members of congress, and even sitting governors as chairman, neither position is more than "chief party fundraiser"

Old 07-26-2018, 07:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If they do not want anything done why is it the number one issue: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/20/174851...-2018-midterms
I have no idea how that addresses what I said.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:50 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no idea how that addresses what I said.
The question was that the public was not interested in addressing the problem of illegal immigration and I posted a link that states it is the number one priority. How is that not addressing your question?

Old 07-27-2018, 04:16 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
The question was that the public was not interested in addressing the problem of illegal immigration and I posted a link that states it is the number one priority. How is that not addressing your question?
You think illegal immigration should be the leaders main priority? Considering Americas illegal demographic comprises 2-3% of the population IMO theres more pressing issues than a few million illegal residents.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Because I explained why they are not and you did nothing to dispute that. If they were serious they would be demanding that e-verify pass tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections