Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So what exactly is Bernie dividing you on? (If you want $12 an hour you have to start higher)
We(not just you and me, but the party at large) are still fighting the 2016 primary.

To me, Bernie is toxic to any reconciliation, maybe Hillary is as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 08:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We(not just you and me, but the party at large) are still fighting the 2016 primary.

To me, Bernie is toxic to any reconciliation, maybe Hillary is as well.
Bernie is still drawing the crowds.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Bernie is still drawing the crowds.
Bernie energizes a portion of the Democratic Party and left leaning independents. I do not deny that one bit.

It does not change the fact that he( the individual and members of his team) do not energize Democratic voters like myself which according to 57 primaries are the majority by a close to 70/30 margin of people who self identify as Democrats and a 40/60 of those who are left leaning independents

Its not even because of his policies, its because he chose to allow his team to divide the party. He said,on camera, that Southern Democratic voters were too conservative, but not midwest red state Democrats.

You can look at a Map and any Presidential map in the last 40 years and see the flaw there. Both are places Democrats arent going to win in November, but one was Completely ignored by Bernie where as he embraced the other.

His team chose to go on a media rampage and claim the primary was stolen instead of actually trying to win over voters.

Bernie made 2 critical mistakes in the primary that put him so far behind he had no chance of winning and neither had anything to do with the DNC.

The first, already mentioned is alienating Southern Democrats, Pretty much losing the entire South 70/30

And Never actually courting people who understand how the Democratic Primary works and then letting those people be his surrogates.

You had people on TV saying that someone cheated because a tied precinct went to Clinton because of a coin flip, or Because someone persuaded O'Malley voters to vote Clinton. Some of them didnt even know what Precinct captains were.

Some of his surrogates didnt understand that delegates even existed and in some cases he had no one on the ballot to Represent him in state and party conventions, forfeiting the delegate.

Bernie was so much of an outsider that he forgot to find people who knew how the game was played.

Im cool with people who think the Primary is too complicated, but there were times where "too complicated" became "cheating".

Old 07-22-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Bernie energizes a portion of the Democratic Party and left leaning independents. I do not deny that one bit.

It does not change the fact that he( the individual and members of his team) do not energize Democratic voters like myself which according to 57 primaries are the majority by a close to 70/30 margin of people who self identify as Democrats and a 40/60 of those who are left leaning independents

Its not even because of his policies, its because he chose to allow his team to divide the party. He said,on camera, that Southern Democratic voters were too conservative, but not midwest red state Democrats.

You can look at a Map and any Presidential map in the last 40 years and see the flaw there. Both are places Democrats arent going to win in November, but one was Completely ignored by Bernie where as he embraced the other.

His team chose to go on a media rampage and claim the primary was stolen instead of actually trying to win over voters.

Bernie made 2 critical mistakes in the primary that put him so far behind he had no chance of winning and neither had anything to do with the DNC.

The first, already mentioned is alienating Southern Democrats, Pretty much losing the entire South 70/30

And Never actually courting people who understand how the Democratic Primary works and then letting those people be his surrogates.

You had people on TV saying that someone cheated because a tied precinct went to Clinton because of a coin flip, or Because someone persuaded O'Malley voters to vote Clinton. Some of them didnt even know what Precinct captains were.

Some of his surrogates didnt understand that delegates even existed and in some cases he had no one on the ballot to Represent him in state and party conventions, forfeiting the delegate.

Bernie was so much of an outsider that he forgot to find people who knew how the game was played.

Im cool with people who think the Primary is too complicated, but there were times where "too complicated" became "cheating".
Bernie didn't do squat. The DNC wanted Bernie in the race otherwise there are no debates. No prime time exposure. They wanted to argue that Bernie pulled Hillary to the left.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:18 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Let’s see, mixed race, born on an island in the Pacific, showed interest in non Christian religion......

RWNJs will go ape $hit.

I like her.
First one who fell for the troll bait. Nice going.

"from what group of people (some liberal/progressive organization, some profession, some region of the country, some identity group based on race/gender, something else),[/color] should that fresh face person come?"

in other words, Which group are y'all going to make it about this time?
well played LauraC

Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
See, here is the problem; you do not give a rat's behind if I stay where I am at or come home. I see the current Democratic Party arguing for a better life for everybody in the world; except Americans. You cannot say: I fight for America. You want somebody to blame. I left because you gave me nothing to believe in. The Party changed over the years to the point where we can no longer recognize what is left.

President Obama was supposed to unite our people and instead he left us more divided than we have ever been. Before him we had a plan and the races were coming together - look at what we have now and you cannot blame that on President Trump. Without knowing which side was right; President Obama took the side of the protestors and fanned the flames of hate. He left office with our Country in shambles and hate seeping from the seams. It was so easy for the Democrats to continue to spew hate after he left office.

My wife voted for President Obama two times; I knew that she was making a mistake. After about six years she came to the same conclusion; sometimes it just takes her a little more time. She switched and voted for President Trump after she realized the mistakes she made. But you don't care about the votes you lost; you are only interested in your own opinions.

We never switched to vote for Mitch or Paul; we switched to vote for change! When one votes they expect the person they 'hired' to work for them. The Democrats don't even pledge to work for America; let alone the voters that hired them!
Our races should have been together since the civil rights act, but they weren't. Obama tried to unite us but from day one McConnell said the republican's goal was to make him a one term president. What divided us was all the racists who came out against him and Michelle.....calling her an ape in heels. And please don't tell me that it wasn't because he was black and just his policies they didn't like. Some maybe but I have a huge family in the south and many say people didn't like him because he was black. And yes, we can blame the hatred on Trump since he promotes it and encourages it. He pits us against each other. I hope our country can survive. And Obama left Trump with a growing economy after being elected during a recession.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Bernie didn't do squat. The DNC wanted Bernie in the race otherwise there are no debates. No prime time exposure. They wanted to argue that Bernie pulled Hillary to the left.
That argument works through the first week of March, not after that.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
That argument works through the first week of March, not after that.
It wasn't Bernie's fault that Hillary is unlikeable.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
It wasn't Bernie's fault that Hillary is unlikeable.
Its not about that.

None of the things I mentioned had to do with likability, it all had to do with Bernie and his team not knowing how a primary works and yelling fraud every time they lost.

That my problem, it is also why there are going to be people hellbent on making sure neither he or his allies get anywhere near the nomination in 2020.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Its not about that.

None of the things I mentioned had to do with likability, it all had to do with Bernie and his team not knowing how a primary works and yelling fraud every time they lost.
I think the claims were "unfair" with Hillary saying "you knew the rules" but when she lost she said "unfair".

Quote:
That my problem, it is also why there are going to be people hellbent on making sure neither he or his allies get anywhere near the nomination in 2020.
Trump can win again for all I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections