Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:13 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,927,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Tulsi Gabbard.
I like her. Here's an interesting article:

https://beinglibertarian.com/democra...ext-president/

But she needs to up her visibility over the next couple years if she is to compete in 2020. Also, her defense of Assad is going to haunt her:

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/ne...d-of-primaries

although Trump's response to Syrian chemical weapons were slaps on the wrist and failed to deter Assad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 07:16 AM

923 posts, read 494,756 times
Let's start a campaign to draft Maxine to run with Sheila Jackson Lee as Veep

Old 07-18-2018, 07:16 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I like her. Here's an interesting article:

https://beinglibertarian.com/democra...ext-president/

But she needs to up her visibility over the next couple years if she is to compete in 2020. Also, her defense of Assad is going to haunt her:

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/ne...d-of-primaries

although Trump's response to Syrian chemical weapons were slaps on the wrist and failed to deter Assad
It wasn't a defense of Assad. It was a condemnation of our lies to get involved. (some you seem to have bought into)

Old 07-18-2018, 07:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you are a Democrat, who do you think is that fresh face or if you don't have anyone specific in mind at this time, from what group of people (some liberal/progressive organization, some profession, some region of the country, some identity group based on race/gender, something else), should that fresh face person come? You know, in your opinion, where should the party start looking for this fresh face?

There are no wrong answers. I'm just curious if a lot of CD Democrats are on the same page as each other and what that is or if there isn't a consensus on this fresh face issue.
I think the poll mainly means most Democrats aren't interested in seeing Hillary run again, and I agree.

I don't really know who the "fresh face" might turn out to be, but I would like to know more about Andrew Yang. He's an entrepreneur, and he has some interesting "outside the box" ideas. Some, I like, even love. A couple, I really dislike, or at least have reservations about, but at least he's showing some creativity in trying to address problems too many are ignoring.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:20 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Fresh face just means more identity politics. If there ever was a transgender, black, Muslim, female candidate, he/she would be their ideal candidate. Never mind what his/her platform or ideas are, the identity image is most important for the Left.
Actually, I think "fresh face" means someone under the age of 70.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I think the poll mainly means most Democrats aren't interested in seeing Hillary run again, and I agree.

I don't really know who the "fresh face" might turn out to be, but I would like to know more about Andrew Yang. He's an entrepreneur, and he has some interesting "outside the box" ideas. Some, I like, even love. A couple, I really dislike, or at least have reservations about, but at least he's showing some creativity in trying to address problems too many are ignoring.
His ideas probably won't come into play for another 20 years. Still time for him.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Fresh face just means more identity politics. If there ever was a transgender, black, Muslim, female candidate, he/she would be their ideal candidate. Never mind what his/her platform or ideas are, the identity image is most important for the Left.

Yes!
A person that .04% of the population can relate to. Bring It!

923 posts, read 494,756 times
There was a bit of talk that Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper was being groomed to run and he'd fit the mold of "fresh face" but the DNC has lurched so hard/far to the Loony Tune Left that a white male like Hick doesn't stand a chance now.

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
LOL...see?

Old 07-18-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
There was a bit of talk that Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper was being groomed to run and he'd fit the mold of "fresh face" but the DNC has lurched so hard/far to the Loony Tune Left that a white guy like Hick doesn't stand a chance now.
How is helping those on the bottom rungs as opposed to Wall Street constantly a loony idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections