Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 01:07 PM

5,308 posts, read 6,269,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Excellent news! Its important that we continue to show support to those cities and states that leftist are hellbent on boycotting due to their closed hearts and minds.
Charlotte is a Democratic city. NC has a Democrat as Governor. You might be interested to know the knuckle head who caused all the kerfuffle is an R that was formerly Mayor of Charlotte and Governor of NC. Both those posts are now held by Ds- heck he lost the Governorship on the same ballot Trump was winning the Presidential race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 02:24 PM

3,232 posts, read 2,271,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Even though I vote democratic the majority of the time, if I was the governor I would open them with welcome arms and neighborly love. We are all Americans who just have a difference of opinion on policies.
What a refreshing perspective that is found all too little in the political forums.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:32 PM

3,232 posts, read 2,271,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I think he will, albeit reluctantly. There are Democrats out there that are further left than he is. He knows the revenue the state will get from the convention and the Charlotte metro played a big part in getting him elected in 2016, a lot of whom also went for Trump. I highly doubt Roy is gonna bite the hand that fed him, which is more than his predecessor Pat McCrory can say. McCrory never met a bridge that he didn’t burn.
That seems logical, especially since Cooper is probably going to be running for re-election himself in 2020. Most likely, he will need to get at least a few % of the Trump voters on his side, just like he did in 2016. Hopefully the inevitable protests that take place during the convention will be civil and controlled, for the sake of Charlotte residents of all political persuasions. If not, it's very easy to discern how Cooper's future Republican opponent (and Trump himself) will exploit the disorder.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:12 PM

29,639 posts, read 16,680,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You could put it that way. Or you could say that the Colorado baker was discriminated against due to his sincerely held religious beliefs. Look, we discriminate daily and lawfully within this country via race (affirmative action, etc) via sex (i.e. women not having to register for the selective service, etc.) and via countless other traits, etc. But I am not calling for boycotting those states and cities that practice affirmative action, etc. No, I acknowledge that people will have different, legitimate beliefs on issues, even if I don't share some of those views. This shut it down, selective approach that we are seeing from the left (in this instance) is something that I cannot get behind.
You choosing to "boycott" has nothing to do with whether it is right or wrong to discriminate, thats you personal choice as to what actions you take on the issue.

Also, my argument isnt selective. Women should indeed sign up for selective service . And Affirmative action doesnt exist in the way you claim.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:22 PM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times
I guess Moscow and St. Petersburg were already booked.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:18 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,241,967 times
Can the DNC hold theirs in Tijuana or Mexico City?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:41 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,799,232 times
Sacha Baron Cohen should open a shop on the corner in Charlottesville selling tiki torches during the convention and interview the Trump supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections