Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 PM

501 posts, read 305,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
She did not pay people to work on her campaigns in regular/temporary jobs - there are a lot of black people in many areas of the country who actually count on working for the DNC during election years and they felt it was a slap in the face for her not to do this. She also did not pay to advertise much on black media outlets - which also may seem sheisty but is something that black media outlets count on - candidates coming to ask them for their vote and spending their money showing that they support black neighborhoods and individuals.
In other words, Democrats forgot to (literally, from your words) buy black votes in 2016. Guess they learned their lessons and the taps will open in 2018/2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 06:57 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
In other words, Democrats forgot to (literally, from your words) buy black votes in 2016. Guess they learned their lessons and the taps will open in 2018/2020.
Or not. I'm not impressed by it and I'm a Democrat. In fact I'm incredibly disappointed. I don't agree with Hillary not paying attention, but this "they didn't pay us" is definitely new information for me.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:24 PM

34,290 posts, read 17,382,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The best strategy is just “Let Trump Be Trump”.
worked nicely for GOP in 2016.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, anyone!

Old 07-24-2018, 09:51 PM

1,018 posts, read 517,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If you lived near Puget Sound, with whales and sea otters, maybe it would be different. Seattle didn't tell the rest of the country not pollute, they can pollute their areas all day long. Call that elitist if it feels right but people in the west are tired of making an issue about the environment. It's just easier to say "fine, pollute your area and leave ours alone". To me, that sounds extremely reasonable.

https://www.afar.com/places/puget-so...ldlife-seattle

Buzz's Marine Life of Puget Sound: Marine Mammals of Puget Sound

https://thewhaletrail.org/event/2015...pdate/img_0239

What we know without a doubt is if Republicans controlled Seattle, Puget Sound would be destroyed in weeks.

This is very educational for me. I won't elaborate but it's good to know. I could say, for example, it was Democrats that fought to save the auto industry in Michigan and the Rust Belt but it is what it is. This does further confirm my thoughts that it's best if the West regionalizes away, does not hire from red states and focuses on the success of their own economy.

If The Republicans controlled Seattle, it will be destroyed? Um, The Democrats control it and there are bums on every block begging for money, plastic straws are banned, soda tax, safe heroin injection sites, and tighter gun laws. But yeah, The Republicans are messing it up. How delusional.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Both Obama and Bill Clinton emerged as front runners late in the game. And they both won the electoral college and popular vote.

They were not "groomed."

I'm not worried.

The popular vote doesn't mean anything. And, Obama lost the popular vote to Hillary in the 2008 primary.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
By being the alternative to four more years of Donald Trump. That’s probably enough to win a plurality of the popular vote. Whether it’s enough to win in the Electoral College will be an open question. Trump has a fiercely loyal base, but it's never been a majority of the country and there’s no indication that he’s expanding his base, or even seriously trying to do so.

Trump is currently underwater in approval in the following states that he carried in 2016:

Iowa, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump/

Polls hold no merit after this past election. I love how the left brings up the popular vote like it matters. Sorry that Los Angeles doesn't control the country.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
If The Republicans controlled Seattle, it will be destroyed? Um, The Democrats control it and there are bums on every block begging for money, plastic straws are banned, soda tax, safe heroin injection sites, and tighter gun laws. But yeah, The Republicans are messing it up. How delusional.
Republicans would make Puget Sound water as brown as the Gulf. Whales and sea otters would be shot. The one thing Republicans have made very very very clear is they are anti-environment. Trump has been on an anti environment jihad for 18 months and the GOP helps him.

The worst thing that could ever happen to Seattle would be Republican control. Plastic straw bans do not hurt Seattle and a soda tax is a lot cheaper than an income tax or a high property taxes. Want to get obese with soda? Go ahead, the South certainly does, but be prepared to pay for it. Doesn't matter though, Republicans do not control Seattle.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Republicans would make Puget Sound water as brown as the Gulf. Whales and sea otters would be shot. The one thing Republicans have made very very very clear is they are anti-environment. Trump has been on an anti environment jihad for 18 months and the GOP helps him.

The worst thing that could ever happen to Seattle would be Republican control. Plastic straw bans do not hurt Seattle and a soda tax is a lot cheaper than an income tax or a high property taxes. Want to get obese with soda? Go ahead, the South certainly does, but be prepared to pay for it. Doesn't matter though, Republicans do not control Seattle.
Getting off the ferry yesterday Bum: "Hey you got money? Hey you got a cigarette?" Literally on every block. Explain how that looks on tourism, and explain the safe heroin injection sites? Oh my god, we need to ban plastic straws and add a tax to soda, yet we are gonna let people safely inject a dangerous drug inside of them. Yeah, Seattle is ran by such bright people that the entire state is sick of their b.s. And being anti environment is the least of people's worries.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Actually Washington state is the fastest growing state in the country and Seattle is the fastest growing big city.

114,000 more people: Seattle now decade’s fastest-growing big city in all of U.S.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...united-states/
Your pro-Seattle link is based on percentage of population growth, the article itself says that "San Antonio, Texas, which grew by 24,000 people last year, ranks No. 1 for numerical population growth among all U.S. cities. Seattle’s 17,500-person gain was the sixth largest numerical gain."

Awwwwwwe, sorry.

Quote:
"Washington posted the best performance among the 50 U.S. states in the first quarter, the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis said. Gross domestic product, the official yardstick for the economy, expanded at a 3.6% annual pace.

By contrast, the U.S. economy as a whole grew just 2% in the first quarter."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...tes-2018-07-24
The entire country is experiencing amazing GDP growth, it's no surprise given the pro-business, pro-growth President we elected in 2016.

Quote:
Washington state #1 economy in America
https://www.commerce.wa.gov/director...onomy-america/
That's based on the same GDP growth numbers. "Additionally, our state’s unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent – the lowest since June 2007". Thank you President Trump.

Quote:
Washington State has nation’s fastest growing economy for 2nd year
https://washingtonstatewire.com/wash...-for-2nd-year/
Thanks again President Trump, you've done great things even in Washington State.

Quote:
And Texas is the second largest contributor to Washington's growth.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ut-from-where/
Perhaps you missed the fact that Texas sent 625 people which is second to the bluest of blue states California which accounted for almost 4 times as many people at 2,240.
Quote:
I don't care what happens to Trump country, I just want to separate from them as much as possible.
We're fine with that, educating you is tough work and generally a waste of time.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Getting off the ferry yesterday Bum: "Hey you got money? Hey you got a cigarette?" Literally on every block. Explain how that looks on tourism, and explain the safe heroin injection sites? Oh my god, we need to ban plastic straws and add a tax to soda, yet we are gonna let people safely inject a dangerous drug inside of them. Yeah, Seattle is ran by such bright people that the entire state is sick of their b.s. And being anti environment is the least of people's worries.
Washington is the fastest growing state in the country, Seattle is the fastest growing big city in the country and the Washington economy is the strongest in the country. I would like to have fewer tourists. Too many come here to visit and want to move here. I'm ready to hire some bums to deter them.

14,000 more people: Seattle now decade’s fastest-growing big city in all of U.S.
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...united-states/

"Washington posted the best performance among the 50 U.S. states in the first quarter, the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis said. Gross domestic product, the official yardstick for the economy, expanded at a 3.6% annual pace.

By contrast, the U.S. economy as a whole grew just 2% in the first quarter."
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...tes-2018-07-24

Washington state #1 economy in America
https://www.commerce.wa.gov/director...onomy-america/

Washington State has nation’s fastest growing economy for 2nd year
https://washingtonstatewire.com/wash...-for-2nd-year/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections