Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 10:08 PM

1,018 posts, read 517,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Your pro-Seattle link is based on percentage of population growth, the article itself says that "San Antonio, Texas, which grew by 24,000 people last year, ranks No. 1 for numerical population growth among all U.S. cities. Seattle’s 17,500-person gain was the sixth largest numerical gain."

Awwwwwwe, sorry.

The entire country is experiencing amazing GDP growth, it's no surprise given the pro-business, pro-growth President we elected in 2016.

That's based on the same GDP growth numbers. "Additionally, our state’s unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent – the lowest since June 2007". Thank you President Trump.

Thanks again President Trump, you've done great things even in Washington State.

Perhaps you missed the fact that Texas sent 625 people which is second to the bluest of blue states California which accounted for almost 4 times as many people at 2,240.

We're fine with that, educating you is tough work and generally a waste of time.

Lol she is quick to defend Democrat controlled Seattle but it's nothing good. Bums on every corner harassing people, banning plastic straws, soda tax, safe heroin injection sites, tighter gun laws and all she cares about is the environment? Haha. People outside of the Seattle metro in WA are sick of Seattle's liberal b.s. just like the rest of the country is. Seattle is ran by morons and so is Jay Inslee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 10:09 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,089,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Republicans would make Puget Sound water as brown as the Gulf. Whales and sea otters would be shot. The one thing Republicans have made very very very clear is they are anti-environment. Trump has been on an anti environment jihad for 18 months and the GOP helps him.

The worst thing that could ever happen to Seattle would be Republican control. Plastic straw bans do not hurt Seattle and a soda tax is a lot cheaper than an income tax or a high property taxes. Want to get obese with soda? Go ahead, the South certainly does, but be prepared to pay for it. Doesn't matter though, Republicans do not control Seattle.
You don't need Republicans to screw up Seattle, democrats and their idiotic policies have done a spectacular job all on their own.

This ain't Alabama, this is Seattle.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:12 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
Lol she is quick to defend Democrat controlled Seattle but it's nothing good. Bums on every corner harassing people, banning plastic straws, soda tax, safe heroin injection sites, tighter gun laws and all she cares about is the environment? Haha. People outside of the Seattle metro in WA are sick of Seattle's liberal b.s. just like the rest of the country is. Seattle is ran by morons and so is Jay Inslee.
Why it sounds like someone needs to move. That would open up a house for someone trying to buy, so winning all around.

Republicans sure are defensive about their inability to keep from trashing the environment. There is no state more beautiful than Washington and Republicans would just love to destroy it. We need to keep Puget Sound, the whales and the sea otters safe from Republicans, the nation's great environmental enemy.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I haven't been to Seattle since May but I could smell the BS and ignorance when I got off the plane, it's just like Portland with more trash. I hadn't been in my rental car for 20 minutes before some POS tried banging on my window for change. I got the hell out of there as soon as I could, the staff in the hospital I visited were commenting about how they had to schedule leaving around Antifa so their cars didn't get vandalized.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,211,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
There are no .."FDR pro-worker Democrats " anymore.
Yes there are. I'm one of them. More and more of us are pushing the DNC to adopt Medicare For All, debt free affordable college and trade schools, and a living wage for all full time workers.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 PM

1,018 posts, read 517,139 times
Quote:
Why it sounds like someone needs to move. That would open up a house for someone trying to buy, so winning all around.
Wow, and liberals are supposed to be tolerant and understanding of opposing beliefs. You have proven why you guys keep losing.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
It would just get filled by some liberal fleeing Cali which has the same problems but even more expensive cost of living. These hippies have been flocking to Seattle for a while to escape the ****hole they created.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:16 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,802,756 times
Quote:
Wow, and liberals are supposed to be tolerant and understanding of opposing beliefs. You have proven why you guys keep losing.
Hey, I'm trying to help. Don't like Seattle? MOVE. We'll all be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yes there are. I'm one of them. More and more of us are pushing the DNC to adopt Medicare For All, debt free affordable college and trade schools, and a living wage for all full time workers.
I thought you had the fastest growing state in the nation, I thought you had the biggest/greatest economy in the nation, I thought you had a Democrat run city/state that didn't have those pesky GOPers around to mess things up... you can't afford to pay people a living wage? You can't afford to send your kids to trade schools or colleges? You can't afford Medicare for all?

50,681 posts, read 47,542,397 times
Quote:
So in view of that, do blacks feel Republicans are better for them? Because if they do, they should vote for Republicans. If they think Republicans will deliver better policy for them, so be it. I feel the same way about Hispanics. If they voted for Trump, then they deserve what is happening. Just like Trump supporters in Trump country complaining about tariffs. Too bad, that's what they voted for. So while I don't excuse Hillary for not paying attention to them, a part of me thinks if they are treated the way Republicans typically treat blacks, how can they complain? Their lack of voting is the same as voting. Democrats elected the first black president and have worked hard to promote and protect civil rights. Maybe blacks don't care about that.
Your boy Obama is as much white as black or is it hard for you to deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections