Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 PM

34,280 posts, read 17,358,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastieTX View Post

There is no path to 270 electoral votes without middle America. That is a mathematical fact. And your side’s post-election behavior is only alienating this voting segment even more.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 07:17 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
From the latest Quinnipiac Poll on Donald Trump’s Job Approval

Haven't you and others learned from the election polls, that polls do not count. With all the hatred from the left toward anyone who does not think like them, do you and other really expect Trump supporters to put themselves out there so those on the left can attack them.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:06 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,547,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post

Haven't you and others learned from the election polls, that polls do not count. With all the hatred from the left toward anyone who does not think like them, do you and other really expect Trump supporters to put themselves out there so those on the left can attack them.
So why are you so defensive if you're right?

Old 07-31-2018, 08:40 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,335,073 times
Quote:

Let me get this straight.

Trump supporters are afraid of being attacked or ridiculed in public by big, bad liberals, so they stay under the radar by not revealing what they really think? Therefore all polls are off because they don’t count the “shy Trump voter”?

Is that it??

If so, I have two questions.

1. Do you really believe that load of crap?

2. If it’s true, why is it that Trumpists are always calling the left wimps and snowflakes when the cowards are on your side?

Old 07-31-2018, 09:04 PM

2016 polls in the Rust Belt states showed Clinton winning right until the end.

Hence, they missed a significant chunk of Trump voters, then.

Polls more often than not underestimate GOP support, as most focus on total voter pop, vs likely voter pop, and even when they do likely, many statistically underrepresent the proportion of conservs in their polling data.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:13 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,271,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Let me get this straight.

Trump supporters are afraid of being attacked or ridiculed in public by big, bad liberals, so they stay under the radar by not revealing what they really think? Therefore all polls are off because they don’t count the “shy Trump voter”?

Is that it??

If so, I have two questions.

1. Do you really believe that load of crap?

2. If it’s true, why is it that Trumpists are always calling the left wimps and snowflakes when the cowards are on your side?
Friends of mine have had their cars damaged because of them having either Trump or police stickers on them and houses have been vandalized for having vote Trump signs outside, thus those people and others who know them or hear about it, no longer have either and no longer tell anyone who they would vote for.

Also I and other independents I know have gotten phone calls from polling places asking questions, I hang up on them and believe me it is not because I am afraid of anything, I just do not feel the need to tell anyone my business, so in answer to your questions, likely it is not because most are afraid of anything except they/we do not wish to be a target of the childish mentally ill behavior that many liberals nowadays display all the time, including continually insulting those who do not agree with them.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:35 AM

11,036 posts, read 4,474,944 times
Florida is always the key, and its looking good for Republicans-
House Republican DeSantis has 11.0% lead in Florida according to RealClearPolitics.
Senate Republican Scott has 1.2% lead in Florida according to RealClearPolitics.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:04 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,785,809 times
Attacking Trump seems to harden his base, not divide it. Democrats need to appeal to the issues of angry old white men, without attacking him, and offering concrete policies to address their declining status and health issues.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
they/we do not wish to be a target of the childish mentally ill behavior that many liberals nowadays display all the time, including continually insulting those who do not agree with them.
BINGO.

And, in November, our voting power voices will be heard. Just as we were in 2016.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:32 AM

11,036 posts, read 4,474,944 times
Trump will energize his base if he tells them that "I'll be impeached if you don't vote".
They'll vote as eagerly as 2016 if they consider that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections