Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 02:50 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,088,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Let me help you get this straight. I live in the free range insane asylum known as Los Angeles. You know, the place where people take a pick ax to Trump's star. After the election I had SEVERAL customers ask who I voted for before they would hire me. I lied. I have had several friends whose cars were vandalized due to having a Trump bumper sticker, there's no way I would put one on my car. So....

1. Yes, I believe that crap because it's true. I also never answer pollsters.

2. The "snowflake" moniker came about because after the election Liberals were seen crying and weeping en masse. They couldn't attend class, they needed "safe spaces" and therapy puppies and coloring books. Soon, however, we got to see their true colors. Celebrities wishing they could "blow up the White House", violent campus protests against anyone who wouldn't tow the Liberal line, even a shooting at a congressional baseball game.

So, it's not that Trump supporters (Trumpists to you) are cowards, we're just smart. We don't wish to feed the Liberal media machine, we don't care to tell you what we think and we don't care what you think of us. All we do is VOTE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 02:54 PM

34,290 posts, read 17,372,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
The dems will register millions of illegals to vote, or they will go through a database of dead people and register them.

Cemetery voter reg drives

Old 08-02-2018, 04:07 PM

10,929 posts, read 11,789,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ok, can you give me some examples of how Democrats could pull that off? Trump is doing a pretty good job of keeping and increasing the support of "angry old white men" which is just left wing code for "blue collar workers".
That is a much better term, for sure. Thanks.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:15 PM

8,935 posts, read 5,423,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ok, can you give me some examples of how Democrats could pull that off? Trump is doing a pretty good job of keeping and increasing the support of "angry old white men" which is just left wing code for "blue collar workers".
At one time weren't these part of the Democratic base?

Old 08-02-2018, 04:48 PM

18,774 posts, read 18,302,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
At one time weren't these part of the Democratic base?

Yes; we were the heart of the Democratic base at one time and they shut the door in our face. They could care less.

The Democrats need a moderate to lead them again to victory; they don't have one. They also are not grooming one. I keep bringing this up; but this is what I mean by grooming: https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-m...6d0f7dc0a.html. I have been accused of having a crush on Ivanka (which I do not). But every picture she is in and almost every event she attends could be listed on her employment application for the WH. She is putting her best foot forward every time. That is what the Democrats need if they are going to run a successful campaign - but they are not taking notes. They think that "I hate" will win.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:23 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,272,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Let me get this straight.

Trump supporters are afraid of being attacked or ridiculed in public by big, bad liberals, so they stay under the radar by not revealing what they really think? Therefore all polls are off because they don’t count the “shy Trump voter�

Is that it??

If so, I have two questions.

1. Do you really believe that load of crap?

2. If it’s true, why is it that Trumpists are always calling the left wimps and snowflakes when the cowards are on your side?
Need more proof of the hatred, would you like your car damaged by a hater?
Quote:
Massachusetts woman enraged by Trump bumper sticker intentionally rammed into car, police say
“She said, ‘You voted for Trump?’†the man recalled her saying. “I said yes. She called me a racist and several other names.â€

The man then claimed that the woman repositioned her vehicle and hit his car with hers, the Times said, citing the police report. After this, the woman reportedly left the scene.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:18 PM

10,929 posts, read 11,789,436 times
You're right, of course.

Old 08-04-2018, 04:18 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,561,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annino View Post
Economy looks pretty good to me. What financial reports are YOU reading?!
You are not wrong about the economy looking good however i wonder what trump is doing to bring that about as i see him ramping up trade wars with other countries leveeing insane tariffs on our trading partners alienating our traditional allies while embracing our enemies,spending weekends on the golf course, i suspect all the economical benefits we are now seeing are results of Obamas actions.=

A LONG List Of President Obama’s Accomplishments (With Citations) | Addicting Info | The Knowledge You Crave

Old 08-05-2018, 07:43 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,227,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How will Democrats defeat Donald Trump in 2020?

Haven't you heard???
There is going to be a MASSIVE Blue Wave in 2018 and they will Impeach the President. They don't need a plan for 2020 .... the plan is 2018 based on Impeach!! and Abolish ICE.

They better impeach the VP first because as idiotic as Condor might be, one better believe they sure as heck don't want the VP in charge.

Now, that said, in answer to the question.........

..........by treating people as people. Not as pawns but as people.

Face it or not, that is a big reason why Hillary Clinton lost, because it was all about her and not about the people. When it was declared that the primaries were over despite several states still waiting to run elections, thousands were disenfranchised. She should have stood up and said, "No," to allow those people to still have their votes, to have their say.

When she declared or stated words that could have been interpreted as such that those exercising their 2nd amendment rights were enemies, that really does not help saying that she is for the people.

When the Democrats cheated in their own primaries to make sure she came out first, it really said that the people didn't matter, that their say didn't matter.

If the Democrats want to win in 2020, they need to treat people as people.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:10 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,159,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Florida is always the key, and its looking good for Republicans-
House Republican DeSantis has 11.0% lead in Florida according to RealClearPolitics.
Senate Republican Scott has 1.2% lead in Florida according to RealClearPolitics.
Um...you do know the primaries haven't even happened yet. DeSantis is leading the polls for the Rep nomination, although the polls also do say that Putnam would actually be a better candidate in the general.

As for Senate, a 1.2% lead is a toss-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections