Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 05:38 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Your Vote, your choice ...... that is what is great about this Nation.

Keep in mind (and hope you sleep well at night and can face yourself in the mirror in the am) that you are Voting FOR:

Open Borders
Pelosi
Impeachment of the President of the United States
Anti DACA fix for those kids
More Gridlock in the US Senate, so that nothing gets done
Anti Law & Order

THAT is the Reality.
BS. Before you start telling what Beto dies and does not support, why not find out by going to a rally or reading his website. he's already said he'd not vote for Pelosi. No serious person is for open borders.

You are spouting lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 05:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,895,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
No MONEY on the border and it's really hard for the Illegals to vote - we have Picture ID to vote and they have to prove Citizenship to vote. Beto doesn't care about them and most don't even know who he is.

Beto concentrates on the Urban Centers in Texas that have BIG MONEY and a lot of Leftists.
Houston, Austin, Dallas ..... Former Mayor and current Mayor ProTem does pled guilty to bribery of a half million dollars .... Dallas voters may actually start waking up to the Corruption in their City Leaders.

The border votes Democrat for the most part - but Beto isn't paying nearly as much attention to them as he is to Money areas.
As I said--Beto is making a true effort to reach ALL areas of Texas and groups that Crus ignores
This article is about a visit to Amarillo--not exactly an "urban center"
https://betofortexas.com/2018/05/bet...o-this-sunday/
Check out his website and see his effort
Saying Beto "doesn't care about illegals" is a gross generalization that perhaps you mean relates to their ability to vote for him which I agree is unlikely because of voter ID laws here

But he does care about the illegal use of ICE and the legal system to abuse the asylum laws of the US --
And that does mean he cares about illegals...

And frankly using an African American, Democratic city leader as an example to "help" Beto by pointing out his corruption is kind of contrary--don't you think???
Because most GOP voters would use that as a reason NOT to vote for someone who is promoting more inclusion in government, supporting the rights of minorities, and running within the Democratic Party...

So I am really starting to question how supportive you are of Democrats in general...or even Beto

Old 08-14-2018, 08:00 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
BS. Before you start telling what Beto dies and does not support, why not find out by going to a rally or reading his website. he's already said he'd not vote for Pelosi. No serious person is for open borders.

You are spouting lies.
What is going on is that people want to paint any democrat as someone that will abolish ICE, against police, etc etc. There is a bit of truth to it though - the same truth for Republicans. At times, the party pressures you so hard that you have to bend on your principles and tow the party line. But, they can at least try and steer the conversation to more moderate positions.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:19 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
What is going on is that people want to paint any democrat as someone that will abolish ICE, against police, etc etc. There is a bit of truth to it though - the same truth for Republicans. At times, the party pressures you so hard that you have to bend on your principles and tow the party line. But, they can at least try and steer the conversation to more moderate positions.
One word: propaganda.

The Republicans feel that if they can scare enough people they'll win. What they didn't consider is the fact that rational adults know the Democratic party is not for open borders nor abolishing ICE. The GOP aren't stupid, they see what's happening and it scares the living **** out of them so they invent lies to scare their low information base.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:20 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
One word: propaganda.

The Republicans feel that if they can scare enough people they'll win. What they didn't consider is the fact that rational adults know the Democratic party is not for open borders nor abolishing ICE. The GOP aren't stupid, they see what's happening and it scares the living **** out of them so they invent lies to scare their low information base.
LOL!Well, I guess we all see the world through our own eyes, don't we? I mean the Dems would "NEVAH" create a scary straw man, now would they?!

sarc off.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:31 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
cruz will be reelected by at least 6 points.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:01 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
cruz will be reelected by at least 6 points.

I, also, expect Mr. Cruz (born in Canada) to be re-elected, although I forecast some 2 or 3 points.

I actually donated $100 to Mr. O'Rourke's campaign today. I had done so, $250, in January.

I was disturbed, in checking my Yahoo mail account (which I gave for my email address, being my 'trash' email) that Beto's campaign had sent me some 100 emails over the intervening period. I am glad I did not give my 'regular' email address.

Mr. O'Rourke: accept my donation, but don't flood me with emails. It is annoying.I hope you beat Mr. Cruz, born in Canada, but that does not mean that you may abuse my email.

By the by: I also get rob-calls from Senator Cruz. Why, or how, I do not know.

I will say: I follow Mr. O'Rourke on Twitter, and he does seem to have capacity audiences at his various stops as he visits every county (254) in Texas.

Does that mean he will win? Doubtful. However, he IS making it a race. Perhaps the upcoming 'debate' will help him, or sink him. Say what you will, Senor Cruz is a skilled debater.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
LOL!Well, I guess we all see the world through our own eyes, don't we? I mean the Dems would "NEVAH" create a scary straw man, now would they?!

sarc off.
We don't need a straw man---we have Trump
We/liberals--didn't create Trump---the GOP as a whole didn't "create" Trump
He pretty much created himself and tried to move up as a Dem and then as a "progressive"
But neither attempt worked--
Read about why he bowed out of the progressive nomination process when Pat Buchannan was running--at that time he was not willing to get as dirty as Buchanan w/the alt-right
But time and likely being wooed by the Russians changed his mind
If breaking bread openly w/the alt-right, David Duke heartthrobs would give him a base to capture the GOP nomination--then he would go for it

but they--the GOP/RNC/NRA alt-right evangelicals--they embraced him and allowed him to take over their party pretty easily--and have shown no real cojones to beat him into submission to be a kindler, gentler, less-Twitterfeed Trump...
So they are dancing with the Devil at this point
And IMO deserve any fallout that comes their way because of it...

Old 08-14-2018, 08:31 PM

No one has ever claimed Cruz was stupid--he is not
It is just too bad he chose the Dark Side to demonstrate his power

If there is a great turnout of young voters and people who are very upset at the tax bill--and there are both in TX--Beto could have a fair shot--
He has shown he is reachable
Something Cruz could never be accused of being

Old 08-14-2018, 09:21 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

You are spouting lies.
Of course Beto won't vote for Pelosi,he's running for the Senate.No senator is going to vote for House Leadership positions......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections