Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 01:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,049,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So why the delay then?

One would think that Cruz would have jumped at the offer to show off those skills, defend his record and wipe the floor with this upstart.

And yet...
Well one reason for the delay is the fact that Ted Cruz has been in Washington DC doing his job while Robert has been driving around TX mainly so he could brag about visiting every county in TX. Robert isn't an upstart, he's been a politician since 2005.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Rafael is out of practice, for a Canadian Cuban carpetbagger.
If that's what you're relying on you're in deep trouble.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:06 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,305,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If that's what you're relying on you're in deep trouble.
I'll let you catch up to the posts. Next time I'll type slower for you.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Well it's the bare minimum.

Here's what the past two presidents said, and compare and contrast.

"John McCain and I were members of different generations, came from completely different backgrounds, and competed at the highest level of politics. But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher – the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed," Obama said in a statement.
"We saw our political battles, even, as a privilege, something noble, an opportunity to serve as stewards of those high ideals at home, and to advance them around the world. We saw this country as a place where anything is possible – and citizenship as our patriotic obligation to ensure it forever remains that way," he said.
"Few of us have been tested the way John once was, or required to show the kind of courage that he did. But all of us can aspire to the courage to put the greater good above our own," Obama continued. "At John’s best, he showed us what that means. And for that, we are all in his debt. Michelle and I send our most heartfelt condolences to Cindy and their family."

Former President George W. Bush, who also served as a political opponent of McCain during the 2000 GOP primary election, also lauded his career serving the U.S., first in the military and war, and second in the U.S. Congress.
"Some lives are so vivid, it is difficult to imagine them ended. Some voices are so vibrant, it is hard to think of them stilled. John McCain was a man of deep conviction and a patriot of the highest order," the 43rd president said. "He was a public servant in the finest traditions of our country. And to me, he was a friend whom I'll deeply miss. Laura and I send our heartfelt sympathies to Cindy and the entire McCain family, and our thanks to God for the life of John McCain."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ll-in-his-debt
This isn't a competition.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
This isn't a competition.
Which is a good thing for Cheeto vonTinyhands and his pettiness.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
His biggest challenge is going to be not coming off like a Harvard intellectual (which he is, and not an insult) and be seen talking over the issues and electorate. Beto has folksy down to a fine art, and that's going to go a long way. Cruz is very polished, and I don't know how well that will fly in deep East and West Texas.
It'll fly a whole lot better than a TX political candidate that supports illegal immigration and open borders.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Which is a good thing for Cheeto vonTinyhands and his pettiness.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

Old 08-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It'll fly a whole lot better than a TX political candidate that supports illegal immigration and open borders.
You haven't read O'Rourke's position then, clearly.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I never claimed that I wasn't petty, sarcastic, and ill-humored.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
You haven't read O'Rourke's position then, clearly.
I've seen countless videos of his town halls and interviews, he devotes too much time and energy to people he doesn't/shouldn't represent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections