Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:51 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,729,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You want I-10 to be a six lane highway? Is that really necessary?
Yes I do. 3 lanes each way. Loves2read explanation seems plausible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 06:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
seems our guy Cruz is starting to pull ahead. I think, regardless of how many feel or how much the Dems want him gone, he will pull this thing out. I am not a believer of polls as most of you know, but for those who do think polls are like the Bible, the last word, it looks like the polls are leaning against the Dems, at least in this race.

Old 09-20-2018, 06:46 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,615,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
seems our guy Cruz is starting to pull ahead. I think, regardless of how many feel or how much the Dems want him gone, he will pull this thing out. I am not a believer of polls as most of you know, but for those who do think polls are like the Bible, the last word, it looks like the polls are leaning against the Dems, at least in this race.
Latest poll by Reuters has Beto ahead by 2, not sure how Cruz is pulling ahead?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,705,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Real Clear Politics averages the polls in a crude way. They don't care if it is Likely Voters or Registered Voters. They pretty much took the last few polls and average them together. They give the same weight to a poll that had 400 registered voters as one with 2000 likely voters.

However, no matter how you look at it, Cruz has been ahead in every poll. That should be very encouraging for Cruz and his supporters.

On the other hand, the race IS tightening. The rolling average of those polls (again, crudely done) shows Rourke closing by about 3 points over that time frame. From roughly 7 behind to 4 behind. 4 points back with about 50 days to go.

If O'Rourke has been closing that gap by winning over independents, he might close the gap more, but there's only so many independents left to convince. O'Rourke is going to need independents to break heavily for him while also getting high turnout from Democrats. And turn-out is always a problem for them. To be fair, usually Democrats only put up a token fight in Texas. Maybe this year if they are within striking distance, they might show up.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd follow the money. O'Rourke (as of last month at least) had more money on hand. Senate campaign outcomes are highly correlated to campaign funds. The latest figures I could find show that he has 14M to Cruz's 10M. It is a red state, but I think O'Rourke will pull off an upset.

If I was Cruz, I'd break out Trump and kiss his orange a** to come to Texas and hand him the win.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Yes I do. 3 lanes each way. Loves2read explanation seems plausible.
And if you look at the growth in TX over the past 25-30 yrs
It has not been along I-10 except maybe little ways outside SA
It has been from DFW through the heart of TX down into the Valley

The towns along I 10 once past Katy are not doing anything progressive to grow their numbers or business influence
San Marcos, New Braunfels, Waco, Georgetown, Pflugerville (off 35) and the towns like Spring Branch and Boerne north of SA have exploded in growth

I drive 35 lot more than 10--maybe that is just MY perception--
But where there is business and growth and VOTERS there is road expansion

Old 09-20-2018, 07:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Quote:
OUR GUY Cruz???
You are in Arkansas aren't you?
So Cruz is only a metaphorical "our guy"....
You can't vote for him...
Did you donate to his campaign?

I donated to Beto today and to two other Democratic first time Congressional candidates in states I don't live in--
since I can't vote for them, I thought it was the least I could do to show my support for their efforts...
And needless to say, I will be voting for Beto as well...

Old 09-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
I have heard from 2 different sources and I do not know which polls but it was this week, Cruz was up by 6. Again, I don't know for certain, just what I have heard.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
OUR GUY Cruz???
You are in Arkansas aren't you?
So Cruz is only a metaphorical "our guy"....
You can't vote for him...
Did you donate to his campaign?

I donated to Beto today and to two other Democratic first time Congressional candidates in states I don't live in--
since I can't vote for them, I thought it was the least I could do to show my support for their efforts...
And needless to say, I will be voting for Beto as well...
no, I did not give to his campaign, of course I can't vote for him. How dumb do you think I am or how dumb are you to even make that comment and one more thing,I am not even a lover of Cruz. I am simply repeating what I heard yesterday.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:33 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,729,742 times
Quote:
I wish Cruz would move to Arkansas where he could really be YOUR guy.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:27 AM

22,200 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
no, I did not give to his campaign, of course I can't vote for him. How dumb do you think I am or how dumb are you to even make that comment and one more thing,I am not even a lover of Cruz. I am simply repeating what I heard yesterday.
There were two polls released yesterday. One showing Cruz up 9 (which I assume is the one you were talking about) and another showing O'Rouke up 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections