Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:44 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,480,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Another poll out today... 50/50 tie...

https://poppolling.com/wp-content/up...Sept.-2018.pdf

Beto is building a lot of momentum & might just pull this out. Cruz is clearly bleeding voters which for a well known incumbent is a telling sign.
Not good for an incumbent. From that poll:

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Ted Cruz?
42% Favorable
43% Unfavorable

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Beto O'Rourke?
43% Favorable
35% Unfavorable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 09:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,929,795 times
Debate Fri nite
SMU
Many football games for HS teams were rearranged because of predicted bad weather Friday night so more people may be home to watch
Of course there is always DVR
Which channel? Time?

Old 09-21-2018, 01:05 AM

30,662 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Quote:

Beto is building a lot of momentum & might just pull this out. Cruz is clearly bleeding voters which for a well known incumbent is a telling sign.
Don't believe that poll. Democrats are not leading the generic ballot in Texas. And nearly half of Texans don't want Trump impeached and removed from office.

That's as about as believable as polls showing Hillary Clinton competitive in several deep south states (there were numerous such polls).

Old 09-21-2018, 05:28 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:

That's what the poll looked like to me. Close to 50/50.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 AM

15,651 posts, read 10,413,163 times
I saw two ted cruz for senate lawn signs in two yards in my neighborhood a few days ago for the first time this election cycle. they disappeared one day later and were replaced yesterday along with one new ted cruz for senate lawn sign in another neighbor's yard.

there have been half a dozen beto lawn signs in neighborhood yards for weeks. None disappeared even for a day.

I don't prefer to place lawn signs or answer phone polls touting my choice of political candidate.

there is intimidation by leftists towards republican voters, whether some Leftists will admit it or not, but our voices will be heard. we vote.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,510,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Debate Fri nite
Which channel? Time?

Debate between Cruz and O'Rourke tonight
Friday 9/21/2018

7PM ET
on C-SPAN
streamed live at nbcdfw.com and dallasnews.com

https://www.c-span.org/video/?451689...-senate-debate

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018...orourke-debate

Ahead of Ted Cruz-Beto O'Rourke debate, race rated 'toss up'

Old 09-21-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Don't believe that poll. Democrats are not leading the generic ballot in Texas. And nearly half of Texans don't want Trump impeached and removed from office.

That's as about as believable as polls showing Hillary Clinton competitive in several deep south states (there were numerous such polls).
That sounds very like some of the Russian trolling on Facebook and other sites to turn Democratic voters away from the polls...

Cruz NEEDS low voter turnout for Beto
What you post attempts to make those voters think their vote does not count---thus reduces overall numbers which benefits Cruz...

Old 09-21-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

Debate between Cruz and O'Rourke tonight
Friday 9/21/2018

7PM ET
on C-SPAN
streamed live at nbcdfw.com and dallasnews.com

https://www.c-span.org/video/?451689...-senate-debate

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018...orourke-debate

Ahead of Ted Cruz-Beto O'Rourke debate, race rated 'toss up'
Thanks--
I will repost on my FB page--not that I have many followers but some are not in DFW area

Old 09-21-2018, 10:06 AM

24,019 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I saw two ted cruz for senate lawn signs in two yards in my neighborhood a few days ago for the first time this election cycle. they disappeared one day later and were replaced yesterday along with one new ted cruz for senate lawn sign in another neighbor's yard.

there have been half a dozen beto lawn signs in neighborhood yards for weeks. None disappeared even for a day.

I don't prefer to place lawn signs or answer phone polls touting my choice of political candidate.

there is intimidation by leftists towards republican voters, whether some Leftists will admit it or not, but our voices will be heard. we vote.
You have no idea about voter intimidation until you are a union supporting Democrat who has lived his whole life in 80% Republican towns.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You have no idea about voter intimidation until you are a union supporting Democrat who has lived his whole life in 80% Republican towns.
You are so right
My husband worked for small, independently owned oil/gas production office in DFW area--everyone but him and one guy were GOP voters--lot more conservative and overtly religious most of the time too
He made no real friends there in over 20 yrs because there was no way to have relationship w/o politics AND social values coming in--

I live in a high GOP area in DFW
My local Tx legislator is a knuckle-dragging alt-right GOP conservative who has won primaries against more moderate Republicans--
I voted in the GOP primary for the moderate but did no good

We don't post yard signs--there have been acts of vandalism before and certainly not against any GOP homes that I know of in my area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections