Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 09:45 PM

374 posts, read 231,877 times

Advertisements

Obama and Clinton maybe FINALLY listening to the people of the DNC, the party, the media, the people, Bill and chilling out.It's been a good start to the week. Obama bowling, Clinton is now Mrs. Rocky. It's been cool. Talking about policies and issues. Focusing on McCain't. Obama confirming his belief the Hillary has the right to stay in the race for as long as she chooses. Are the DEMS finally realizing the real enemy at hand is McCrazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Obama and Clinton maybe FINALLY listening to the people of the DNC, the party, the media, the people, Bill and chilling out.It's been a good start to the week. Obama bowling, Clinton is now Mrs. Rocky. It's been cool. Talking about policies and issues. Focusing on McCain't. Obama confirming his belief the Hillary has the right to stay in the race for as long as she chooses. Are the DEMS finally realizing the real enemy at hand is McCrazy?
Just wait til convention time. Can I just say how much fun it will be to watch as the Clinton's quest for the nomination implodes the facility, and fractures the party beyond repair?

Old 04-02-2008, 09:12 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,317,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Just wait til convention time. Can I just say how much fun it will be to watch as the Clinton's quest for the nomination implodes the facility, and fractures the party beyond repair?
If anybody fractures the party (and that won't happen anyway) it will be because of Obama and his many manipulations of this campaign and the voters. People are so gullible.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,810,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Too bad they won't get a chance to get to that point [convention]

Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,335,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
"McCrazy" u r too funny. I agree both Clinton and Obama need to focus on McCain who happens to be crazy enough to think the American people will be satisfied with war in Irac for the next hundred years. He is just too old: his war mentality is old. The way he relates or should I say does not relate to forward progressive people of any age, and certainly his racial mentality is out dated to say the least. I think McCain looks like a man in good shape for his chronological age, but he is not up to being President on any level. I know some might argue if Bush has done it then anyone can and this is a strong agrument. America doesn't need 4 more years of sub-par leadership.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,247,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
If anybody fractures the party (and that won't happen anyway) it will be because of Obama and his many manipulations of this campaign and the voters. People are so gullible.
You are the gullible one if you believe that.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,247,159 times
Apparently Bill Clinton was not chilling out just minutes before he told everyone else to chill out: Bill Clinton's tirade stunned some delegates

Old 04-02-2008, 12:50 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times
Bill Clinton can put his tirade where the sun doesnt shine. I donated a lot of money to his 96 campaign(what a great president he was) and have nothing against him nor his wife. It just so happens that this year, I prefer Barack Obama.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 PM

374 posts, read 231,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Oh please...gullible. No the Clinton Machine victims are gullible. Believing her lies. Bosnia, SCHIPS, position on NAFTA, failed healtcare - so now she's the expert. And Hillary supporters eat it all up. Talk about gullible.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,466,626 times
I think Bill is the one who needs to chill. Take note of the Richardson conversation. Sounds like this endorsement nearly gave him a stroke. LOL

BILL WOOS SUPER DELEGATES
The Bill Clinton who met privately with California's superdelegates at last weekend's state convention was a far cry from the congenial former president who afterward publicly urged fellow Democrats to "chill out" over the race between his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and Barack Obama. In fact, before his speech Clinton had one of his famous meltdowns Sunday, blasting away at former presidential contender Bill Richardson for having endorsed Obama, the media and the entire nomination process. "It was one of the worst political meetings I have ever attended," one superdelegate said.

According to those at the meeting, Clinton - who flew in from Chicago with bags under his eyes - was classic old Bill at first, charming and making small talk with the 15 or so delegates who gathered in a room behind the convention stage. But as the group moved together for the perfunctory photo, Rachel Binah, a former Richardson delegate who now supports Hillary Clinton, told Bill how "sorry" she was to have heard former Clinton campaign manager James Carville call Richardson a "Judas" for backing Obama.

It was as if someone pulled the pin from a grenade."Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that," a red-faced, finger-pointing Clinton erupted. The former president then went on a tirade that ran from the media's unfair treatment of Hillary to questions about the fairness of the votes in state caucuses that voted for Obama. It ended with him asking delegates to imagine what the reaction would be if Obama was trailing by just 1 percent and people were telling him to drop out....

When delegate Binah - still stunned from her encounter with Clinton - got home to Little River (Mendocino County) later in the day - there was a phone message waiting for her from State Party Chairman Art Torres, telling her the former president wanted him to apologize to her on his behalf for what happened

It's probably worth noting that Hillary Clinton actually trails Obama by about 9 percent of delegates, not 1 percent. More to the point, though, this kind of performance is unlikely to inspire the (already highly improbable) superdelegate surge the Clinton campaign is counting on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections