Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 03:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,574,937 times

Advertisements

Judge sides with Florida’s Rick Scott, cites ‘violation’ of state constitution by election officials

In an emergency court hearing on Friday afternoon, state Judge Carol-Lisa Phillips ruled there has “been a violation of the Florida constitution,” as well as the state’s public records act, by not turning over requested records.

Phillips ordered Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes to allow for the “immediate inspection” and “photocopying” of the requested records no later than 7 p.m. Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 03:13 PM

3,011 posts, read 1,193,317 times
Default Judge finds Broward County violated constitution by not following open records laws,

https://twitter.com/jamieNBC6/status...97325093564417

Old 11-09-2018, 03:15 PM

11,045 posts, read 4,480,492 times
The Democrats should be suspended from 2020 Florida elections.
They need to be taught a lesson.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:17 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,345,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
How Snipes has avoided a trial and jail time is beyond me......

My favorite of all time is when they counted more votes than they had registered voters
She was initially appointed by Governor Jeb Bush(R).

Jail time? Haha. The GOP has elected no one, but two guys under indictment, so they seem good with fraud.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:20 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,574,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
The Democrats should be suspended from 2020 Florida elections.
They need to be taught a lesson.
The Democrat left has literally no shame. They are just flat out trying to steal elections now, without even trying to hide it.

Meanwhile, their relentlessly lying supporters, including some here on this board, demonstrate yet again that there is literally no lie they will not tell and no social or political act that is too sleazy or despicable for them to eagerly engage in and pursue. Are there any worse people on Earth than these people? It increasingly appears that the carefully considered answer to that question may well be no.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:29 PM

18,114 posts, read 27,620,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Who am I going to believe, Sean Hannity or the Florida Department of State and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, both who have said there are no credible allegations of election fraud?

Why, Hannity of course!
I believe this...

WASHINGTON (CBSMiami/NSF) – A Broward judge has ruled in favor of Gov. Rick Scott and says Broward Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes must “allow immediate” viewing and copying of records that have been requested.

Must be completed in an hour and 32 minutes.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:39 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,982,202 times
There's also this:

https://twitter.com/JustEric/status/1060509859815264258

To go further, as he states later in that thread:

Quote:
FL Statute 101.68 s. 4(b) states that in order to correct an absentee ballot with a missing signature, the voter must submit a ballot cure affidavit to the SOE, NO LATER THAN 5PM THE DAY BEFORE THE ELECTION.

For those keeping score at home, that would be 48 hours before Keith's tweet. In other words: THE DEADLINE TO CORRECT BALLOTS WITH MISSING SIGNATURES HAD ALREADY PASSED.
Then, the owner of the deleted tweet decided to get on and "argue" her case, still showing that she was wrong, and what she was suggesting is, indeed, voter fraud:

Quote:
Verified account @PamKeithFL

I’m sorry, but you don’t know the rules or the law. Florida law allows voters to cure a problem with their ballot. You may not like it, but that’s the law. There is NOTHING “fraudulent” about it. But then again, you may not understand what “fraud” is either.
Reponse:
Quote:
FL law allows voters to cure a problem (in this case, missing signatures) within a set time frame. You attempted to do so beyond the deadline. That is fraudulent. So yes, I understand perfectly well what fraud is. Watching you attempt it as we speak.
Pam again:
Quote:
Can’t cure the problem if you haven’t been informed of the problem. ✌��
Response:
Quote:
Ignorance of the deficiency in the ballot doesn’t change the fact that the deadline defined by law for curing it has since passed and the ballot is therefore incurably defective.
The main reason that I added the last part was to show that she didn't deny that she called for people to do this, despite the fact that the law states the voter has to make the request, and it has to be done by a certain time the day before the election. And just in case you thought she deleted it because she realized her mistake, she doubled down in responses that it wasn't "fraud".

It is, and she called for people to help commit it.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:42 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,030,643 times
I recall in 2000 Al Gore tried to recount ONLY 3 heavily Democratic counties, and one of them was Broward. I supported him, but limiting to three counties was obviously calculated to boost his totals, and was dirty pool. As I recall, the courts didn't let him get away with that.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 PM

3,101 posts, read 1,326,398 times
Evidently both Palm Beach and Broward election supervisors as of 750 still haven’t turned anything in

Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,749,664 times
Congressman Matt Geatz was on Fox interview from "The Banana Republic of Broward County".

He said the Sneaky Snipe was defying the judges court order and he was pushing for a hearing on contempt of court. He said Snipe's lawyers were blocking the access to the building and ballots.

There was also a truck loading and unloading and the trucks armed security would not let them video what they were doing. The implication was the movement of ballots.
So tomorrow is another court day, most likely, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone is taken into custody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections