Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 09:33 AM

13,636 posts, read 21,465,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
From a political perspective I guess you would.

But as I just pointed out to Finn, aren't you concerned about the corruption and likely illegality of the elections supervisor in Broward?
I hope you wouldn't want Nelson to win my voter fraud, right?
For more detail on this just read my previous post above this before answering.

`
during the Kavanaugh controversy several Democrats on this board openly said they don't care if it is true or not do whatever it takes and fight dirty to make him not get put on the Supreme court. I think that is very telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 11:23 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,325,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So his only chance at this point is if a recount finds a significantly different count.
As of 120pm everything is now in minus the overseas absentees which at best would break 60-40 for Nelson I would think. Scott is up 12,500. Nelson has one shot and one shot only. He needs the undervote in Broward to be a result of machine error. Even then he will likely need to see the overseas ballots get him within 8,500 because that’s about the biggest deficit he can make up if it turns out those 26,000 undervotes in Broward were a result of machine error

Old 11-10-2018, 11:30 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
during the Kavanaugh controversy several Democrats on this board openly said they don't care if it is true or not do whatever it takes and fight dirty to make him not get put on the Supreme court. I think that is very telling.
Outcome means everything, no matter how we get there - Democrat Playbook: p. 23

Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
As of 120pm everything is now in minus the overseas absentees which at best would break 60-40 for Nelson I would think. Scott is up 12,500. Nelson has one shot and one shot only. He needs the undervote in Broward to be a result of machine error. Even then he will likely need to see the overseas ballots get him within 8,500 because that’s about the biggest deficit he can make up if it turns out those 26,000 undervotes in Broward were a result of machine error
No record kept of Provisional Ballots that were duplicated in Broward County. Still no number of TOTAL Ballots Cast??? 4 days later? This is easily tabulated and the reason they only get 30 minutes after election close to get them in.
Are people still in line to vote today, at the cut off mark, that happened 7pm Tuesday night close?

Old 11-10-2018, 12:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,341,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Do you idiots have any idea how impossible it would be to forge 60k ballots in a few days? Any idea how easy it would be to tell with signatures and even the logistics of tying it to people that didn't vote? Any idea how easy it would be to grab 1k of them and verify if one was so inclined to check if people voted?

People that see conspiracy theories in everything are some of the dumbest people out there.
Rather than forged ballots, more ballots seem to be tossed than 'forged.' They are tossing out ballots if the signature is a tiny bit different than the voter registration, like if you don't add your middle initial, leave off Jr., Sr., etc.--stupid little things. They've thrown out at least 15,000--the voter is never notified.

Rick Scott has had 8 years to review the voting systems, try to fix any issues, etc. He didn't. He was more interested in his own political career and accumulating even more wealth (put in his wife's name of course). He owns interest in companies that have contracts to do work for Florida. He presided over a huge Medicare fraud prior to that. He is a crook.

It has even occurred to me that Scott tried to fix the election and it was working, so now he is really angry. I really do not trust him. Once a crook, always a crook.

That being said, there may very well be some election fraud in Florida. The reason being the Republicans that have governed the state for 20 years have made rules and laws that makes fraud easier, rather than more difficult. Both parties have been caught at it.

"...Legislators haven’t helped. They’ve taken away valuable tools and ignored warnings to reform the absentee ballot system, which now accounts for nearly one of every three votes cast in Florida..."

"...No person could turn in more than two ballots in an election cycle. That was law from 1998 until 2001, when now-Rep. Bill Posey, then a Republican state senator, filed an amendment killing it. Two witnesses were required to sign and provide their address on the voter’s ballot. In 1997, it was reduced to one witness, and in 2004, a bill sponsored by Republican state Sen. Paula Dockery killed it entirely..."

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/u...YfB8WBUDhRakK/

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/w...vG32MZmyaKwiO/

Old 11-11-2018, 05:30 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,723,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Rather than forged ballots, more ballots seem to be tossed than 'forged.' They are tossing out ballots if the signature is a tiny bit different than the voter registration, like if you don't add your middle initial, leave off Jr., Sr., etc.--stupid little things. They've thrown out at least 15,000--the voter is never notified.

Rick Scott has had 8 years to review the voting systems, try to fix any issues, etc. He didn't. He was more interested in his own political career and accumulating even more wealth (put in his wife's name of course). He owns interest in companies that have contracts to do work for Florida. He presided over a huge Medicare fraud prior to that. He is a crook.

It has even occurred to me that Scott tried to fix the election and it was working, so now he is really angry. I really do not trust him. Once a crook, always a crook.

That being said, there may very well be some election fraud in Florida. The reason being the Republicans that have governed the state for 20 years have made rules and laws that makes fraud easier, rather than more difficult. Both parties have been caught at it.

"...Legislators haven’t helped. They’ve taken away valuable tools and ignored warnings to reform the absentee ballot system, which now accounts for nearly one of every three votes cast in Florida..."

"...No person could turn in more than two ballots in an election cycle. That was law from 1998 until 2001, when now-Rep. Bill Posey, then a Republican state senator, filed an amendment killing it. Two witnesses were required to sign and provide their address on the voter’s ballot. In 1997, it was reduced to one witness, and in 2004, a bill sponsored by Republican state Sen. Paula Dockery killed it entirely..."

"Rick Scott has had 8 years to review the voting systems"

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM.

EVERY county complied with the law with NO PROBLEMS. Even the hard hit hurricane areas complied.

When 2 counties, run by dems by the way, have problems and the other 65 DON'T, the problem is NOT "the system" but, the PEOPLE in CHARGE IN THOSE COUNTIES.

Then again dems NEVER take RESPONSIBILITY for ANYTHING. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault!

Old 11-11-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have a question:
Pure Incompetence?

or
Intent to Corrupt?

"Intent to Corrupt?" BOTH!

When you ARE corrupt you INTEND to break the laws and rules in your favor!

Old 11-11-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post

"which at best would break 60-40 for Nelson I would think.'

And on what basis do you think this?

Old 11-11-2018, 06:13 AM

57,399 posts, read 26,447,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Rick Scott has had 8 years to review the voting systems"

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM.

EVERY county complied with the law with NO PROBLEMS. Even the hard hit hurricane areas complied.

When 2 counties, run by dems by the way, have problems and the other 65 DON'T, the problem is NOT "the system" but, the PEOPLE in CHARGE IN THOSE COUNTIES.

Then again dems NEVER take RESPONSIBILITY for ANYTHING. It is ALWAYS someone else's fault!
Scott could have removed the election commissioner of Broward County, Jeb Bush did so with her predecessor to dereliction of duty. The commissions have both democratic and republican representation, this isn't partisan and its not some plot to steer the vote, they are dysfunctional. Scott should stop his claims of some democratic plot to change the election results, has he complained in prior elections or just this one because he is might lose.

Old 11-11-2018, 07:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,094,557 times
Joe Wilson said it simply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections