Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 06:39 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,103,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I know, right? And mysteriously many of those ballots go missing until after the polls close.

#uncanny
#whataretheodds
Yea I’m not buying the nutjob conspiracy theories.

#bluewin
#dealwithit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 06:43 PM

7,828 posts, read 4,574,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
McSally concession message. What a gracious woman.

https://twitter.com/MarthaMcSally/st...44676822577152
Apparently you never saw any of her campaign ads...

Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Another State the was a HIGH PROFILE Senate race....
The Governors blew away the Democrat. In Georgia the Senate candidate blew away the Governor in vote numbers.

That throws Red Flags immediately, some funny business has happened.
Then we look at AZ and the mail in ballot system.
First off, just by the return envelop the codes and bar codes tell computers how you voted in the past, or from demographics how you "might" vote. Those envelopes are sorted before they are ever opened.
Then how does the state know it is your signature? This is a machine.... Is the machine able to be calibrated variably, to read ballot signatures with looser variables?
Send the Republican ballots through with tighter variables for signature recognition and the Democrats through with little to no variable.

Once the votes go into the mainframe, the fractioning begins.

That is how you get recognizably Red States voting in a Governor, with no problem and almost 60% of the population and a very tight parallel race, in the US Senate.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:26 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Another State the was a HIGH PROFILE Senate race....
The Governors blew away the Democrat. In Georgia the Senate candidate blew away the Governor in vote numbers.

That throws Red Flags immediately, some funny business has happened.
Then we look at AZ and the mail in ballot system.
First off, just by the return envelop the codes and bar codes tell computers how you voted in the past, or from demographics how you "might" vote. Those envelopes are sorted before they are ever opened.
Then how does the state know it is your signature? This is a machine.... Is the machine able to be calibrated variably, to read ballot signatures with looser variables?
Send the Republican ballots through with tighter variables for signature recognition and the Democrats through with little to no variable.

Once the votes go into the mainframe, the fractioning begins.

That is how you get recognizably Red States voting in a Governor, with no problem and almost 60% of the population and a very tight parallel race, in the US Senate.
Oh look you are LYING again. Georgia didn't even have a Senate race this cycle....

Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
McSally concession message. What a gracious woman.

https://twitter.com/MarthaMcSally/st...44676822577152
She's running again, and she's much smarter than Trump--she knows she needs people on her side--alienating is a bad idea. Acting classy and gracious goes a long way.

The fact that she refused to jump on the Trump 'fraud' bandwagon also served her very well.

She appears much saner and self-confident than Rick Scott, Marco Rubio and Trump with all their unproven Florida fraud accusations.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She's running again, and she's much smarter than Trump--she knows she needs people on her side--alienating is a bad idea. Acting classy and gracious goes a long way.

The fact that she refused to jump on the Trump 'fraud' bandwagon also served her very well.

She appears much saner and self-confident than Rick Scott, Marco Rubio and Trump with all their unproven Florida fraud accusations.
McSally will be a great senator if she does run again and I hope she will. The AZ race was close but the voters have spoken. Now lets accept the Dems lost in Ga and will most likely lose Florida.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:22 PM

5,286 posts, read 6,223,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
McSally will be a great senator if she does run again and I hope she will. The AZ race was close but the voters have spoken. Now lets accept the Dems lost in Ga and will most likely lose Florida.
Georgia actually has a couple of runoffs- Governor won't be among them but SoS is. That will actually play a bigger role in 2020 since that office gets to set so much of the election criteria. If Dems win any statewide race in Georgia it would be a huge victory.

I think they need to finish counting votes in Florida and then let DeSantis remove the Broward election supervisor for gross incompetence. I cannot imagine why the Ds never primaried someone who does that poor of a job. Its ironic that the one of the states two strongest Dem counties has cost them two major elections by ballot design and an inability to count votes... I almost wonder if she wasn't left in place by Scott after he last fiascos because he trusted she would mess up the vote again or give him fodder for protest.

I think shoring up Florida was the biggest R win of the night. Except for Obama and Nelson in 2012, Rs have shown they can find the last necessary voters in that state to eek out consistent 1 and 2 point wins. And they have translated that to semi-permanent majorities by drawing hugely favorable maps.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:33 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,283,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

She hardly refused to jump on the Trump bandwagon. During the primary she ran ads about how much she supported Trump and his agenda. In the mid term, she had Trump come out and do a rally for her. It was a dumb move. In the end, it was the anti-Trump suburbs that turned on her. If it had not been for Trump, she would have won easily.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 PM

13,309 posts, read 7,347,454 times
I voted for Ducey and Sinema I'm registered Republican. I used to support Trump but after the disrespectful remarks he made about Senator McCain's military service I could no longer support anyone who appeared to agree with Trump and not speak out against the things he said. I get people disagreed with McCain's politics you don't respond with insults of their sacrifice they made while in uniform. I hope one day Trump is impeached I would much rather see Mike Pence who I know would never speak the way Trump does. McSally had opportunity to speak out against what Trump said she never tried to she seemed to just go along with what ever Trump. If Ducey appoints her which I don't think he would be that stupid I won't be voting for him again hopefully he can talk Jon kyl into staying on till 2020.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I voted for Ducey and Sinema I'm registered Republican. I used to support Trump but after the disrespectful remarks he made about Senator McCain's military service I could no longer support anyone who appeared to agree with Trump and not speak out against the things he said. I get people disagreed with McCain's politics you don't respond with insults of their sacrifice they made while in uniform. I hope one day Trump is impeached I would much rather see Mike Pence who I know would never speak the way Trump does. McSally had opportunity to speak out against what Trump said she never tried to she seemed to just go along with what ever Trump. If Ducey appoints her which I don't think he would be that stupid I won't be voting for him again hopefully he can talk Jon kyl into staying on till 2020.

Not buying it. You start out with a contradiction in political direction, and try to pull it off, that McSally is Trump.
Ducey supported Trump, more than McSally.
Let me get this straight, you voted for someone that thinks most things are State issues and a countering vote for someone that thinks those very same issues are Global issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections