Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 02:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
What happened to "count all the votes?"
Those people lost their homes and polling places.
Did they ask for an extension? Or simply think "we are conservative so we are exempt from the rule of law like we wish for Trump to be," then?

Who denied them an extension?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 02:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
These people are whining about making a way for those who have lost everything to vote. I thought the left was all about stopping voter suppression - I guess not so much after all. They thought to mix in illegal votes with legitimate votes, hiding boxes of votes in cars and closets was fine too.

So sad.
If it's "completely safe" for conservatives vote by email, instead of granting everyone an exemption, the liberals are simply asking for fairness. No liberal wants to deny their legal votes... but they are not legal, and the conservatives should have simply given them (and everyone that needed it, really) an extension. But the law is the law, and some people broke it, and some people don't care unless it's politically convenient for them. Although the majority of conservatives/regressives are like that, I am thankful and proud that the majority of centrists/liberals are not.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
I'm over it

Old 11-20-2018, 07:27 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
If it's "completely safe" for conservatives vote by email, instead of granting everyone an exemption, the liberals are simply asking for fairness. No liberal wants to deny their legal votes... but they are not legal

Oh please, all we hear every cycle is how Democrats who lose are being treated unfairly, voters are being suppressed, it was rigged, stolen, illegal. When they win it was entirely fair and legitimate of course.

When the Black Panthers were intimidating people at polling stations, what happened? NOTHING, dead silence. IN fact, they were charged and once Obama took office, his guard dog Holder conveniently dropped all charges.

I'm sick of it. It's shady all the way around and hypocritical beyond all measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I'm over it

Will you still be in 2 years? I'm tired of the reruns, this Twilight Zone cycle of insanity, the absolute waste of money just to be elected to a minor seat. HRC blew through $1.4B just to lose. Holy crap, she couldn't buy an election she should have won easily, let alone manage this country and our money. This country is in a political crisis and the inmates are running the asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections