Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 10:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times

Advertisements

West Virginia State Senator Richard Ojeda II is running for president in 2020. He officially made the announcement in a live video on his Facebook page. "We're going to do this together," he proclaimed. "I'm Richard Ojeda and I'm running for the president of the United States of America."

President Trump may face off against a U.S. Army combat veteran... Ojeda, a retired Army Major who served 21 years announced his intention to run on the Democratic ticket in the next presidential election. Ojeda deployed to three combat zones.

Ojeda has been serving as the West Virginia State Senator from the 7th district since 2016.

References:
https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/St...500248782.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...C=eb_181116.nl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ojeda

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 01:10 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Guy needs to do something better with his hair.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:35 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
After months of running neck and neck in the polls in a US House race, he lost by about 13 points on election day.His next step after his defeat is to run for president!!!???

He is kind of an interesting guy but I think the odds of him getting the Democratic nomination much less winning a general election for president are about the same as mine.....and i'm not even running.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:52 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
After months of running neck and neck in the polls in a US House race, he lost by about 13 points on election day.His next step after his defeat is to run for president!!!???

He is kind of an interesting guy but I think the odds of him getting the Democratic nomination much less winning a general election for president are about the same as mine.....and i'm not even running.
Common sense would say you're correct, but back in 2015, exactly the same things were being said about a guy who's now the President.

The people will have tried out a novice populist conservative for 4 years in 2020. I think it's quite possible they may want to give a novice populist liberal a try. If they do, then Ojeda is certainly that guy.

How did Trump manage to wriggle his way into the primaries? By taking advantage of the GOP's deep divisions. That created a fertile field for a loud populist to plow.

The Democrats aren't as deeply split as the Republicans, but they are far from as united as they once were. If their own divisions deepen, the field is just as fertile for Ojeda to plow in his party as it was for Trump.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:21 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
Do you suppose Hillary will have him accidented or suicided? He should know that Hillary is the DNC anointed one.

Oh, wait, did you say West Virginia? Never mind

Old 11-17-2018, 06:40 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Common sense would say you're correct, but back in 2015, exactly the same things were being said about a guy who's now the President.

The people will have tried out a novice populist conservative for 4 years in 2020. I think it's quite possible they may want to give a novice populist liberal a try. If they do, then Ojeda is certainly that guy.

How did Trump manage to wriggle his way into the primaries? By taking advantage of the GOP's deep divisions. That created a fertile field for a loud populist to plow.

The Democrats aren't as deeply split as the Republicans, but they are far from as united as they once were. If their own divisions deepen, the field is just as fertile for Ojeda to plow in his party as it was for Trump.
Well to some extent you're right but there are big differences.Trump was a rich guy,well known to almost the entire country.I live in West Virginia and I can assure you that most of the state has no clue who Ojeda even is.Barak Obama came out of almost nowhere ten years ago but he had at least won a US senate seat,Ojeda lost an open US House race by a pretty wide margin.Hes not off to a very impressive start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections