Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,716,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Bernie has raised a serious boatload of cash fast... His main problem will be Hillary-lovers that are mad because he actually beat her... They will vote for him still but won't mind trying to sabotage his campaign...
It's so ridiculous, that Hillary people are still angry at Bernie! He endorsed her and told his people to vote for her for-gods-sake. What more could he have done? I'm sick of the DNC and the DLCC. They are like Republicans with a D next to their name. That is why they never bring about real change. The last thing we need is a Centrist which is actually a neo-liberal.

Don't know what a neo-liberal is? Educate yourselves:

Think about Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. Think austerity and trickle down economics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 05:26 AM

24,046 posts, read 15,161,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It's so ridiculous, that Hillary people are still angry at Bernie! He endorsed her and told his people to vote for her for-gods-sake. What more could he have done? I'm sick of the DNC and the DLCC. They are like Republicans with a D next to their name. That is why they never bring about real change. The last thing we need is a Centrist which is actually a neo-liberal.

Don't know what a neo-liberal is? Educate yourselves:

Think about Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. Think austerity and trickle down economics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism
Bernie did not even have floor leaders at the convention. That's the least he could have done.

More power to Bernie, but IMO, the democrats are idiots for letting him on their ballot. If you remember the day the election was over, Bernie withdrew from the Democratic party.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,897,586 times
Hickenlooper joins the race.... How many old white males are needed for a democractic primary anyways?

Old 03-04-2019, 06:23 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,688,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Bernie is infinitely more intelligent than Trump, but that may not mean much in light of where most Americans appear to be on the intelligence scale. I worked for United Healthcare and remember when the CEO was given a 1 billion dollar bonus... yes, 1 billion not 1 million, so there is a lot of money to be made there.

The healthcare system is eating people alive, and Bernie has the heart to try and remedy that. He does not have the greedy heart that Trump has, but a true heart for the hurting, so I definitely support him. But reality dictates that compromises will have to occur, but that whole issue would never emerge except for Bernie.
Yes, the greed is disgusting. It's reached critical mass and change is needed.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:13 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,720,402 times
Quote:
Hickenlooper joins the race.... How many old white males are needed for a democractic primary anyways?

They are so out of touch, they haven't realized the National Democrat Party will find them totally unacceptable.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:26 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,110,360 times
Quote:
Is this literally a serious question?

Old 03-04-2019, 11:50 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,716,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Bernie is infinitely more intelligent than Trump, but that may not mean much in light of where most Americans appear to be on the intelligence scale. I worked for United Healthcare and remember when the CEO was given a 1 billion dollar bonus... yes, 1 billion not 1 million, so there is a lot of money to be made there.

The healthcare system is eating people alive, and Bernie has the heart to try and remedy that. He does not have the greedy heart that Trump has, but a true heart for the hurting, so I definitely support him. But reality dictates that compromises will have to occur, but that whole issue would never emerge except for Bernie.
I totally agree with you. Bernie is the real deal. And yes, the rich and powerful will do everything in their power to keep him from winning and I mean from both parties - but I still believe he can win. Bernie is in it to win it and he has the PEOPLE in numbers behind him to do it. He has said he intends to choose a woman for his running mate. So let's try to have faith that we can win and carry him to the finish line.

Old 03-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Bernie is looking like the presumptive candidate for the Democratic party and if that is the case then Biden will absolutely try to run because he can't stand the idea of Bernie winning the primary... I wonder how Democrats will feel with that level of backstabbing...

Old 03-04-2019, 12:08 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,276,818 times
Quote:
Bernie is looking like the presumptive candidate for the Democratic party and if that is the case then Biden will absolutely try to run because he can't stand the idea of Bernie winning the primary... I wonder how Democrats will feel with that level of backstabbing...

I think it's ridiculous to suggest anyone is "the presumptive candidate" at this point out, and I sure as hell disagree it's Bernie, who is not a Democrat, as proven by the fact that he also just filed for reelection to the Senate in 2024 as an Independent. He's going to find out there will be some issues with that this time around.

As for Biden, while I'm not a fan of his, how is his entering the race backstabbing anyone? Bernie and Berners whined incessantly in 2016 about it being a coronation for Hillary (a lie but whatever) and now they are demanding that Bernie be crowned the nominee a year before the first primary, and it's backstabbing for someone else to run?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I think it's ridiculous to suggest anyone is "the presumptive candidate" at this point out, and I sure as hell disagree it's Bernie, who is not a Democrat, as proven by the fact that he also just filed for reelection to the Senate in 2024 as an Independent. He's going to find out there will be some issues with that this time around.

As for Biden, while I'm not a fan of his, how is his entering the race backstabbing anyone? Bernie and Berners whined incessantly in 2016 about it being a coronation for Hillary (a lie but whatever) and now they are demanding that Bernie be crowned the nominee a year before the first primary, and it's backstabbing for someone else to run?
Bernie is your leading candidate at this point, the one with the most money and name recognition... Most of your candidates, you can toss in the trash bin, that's life... Other than Harris, he doesn't even have competition and he would smoke her in a race... Biden isn't going to run if anyone other than Bernie is winning but to try to get someone in your party to lose is basically backstabbing them ...if Biden runs it's to make sure Bernie loses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections