Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2019, 10:47 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times

Advertisements

Everything I don't want... a nanny state. Bloomy will take a beating outside of the NE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 05:55 PM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
I myself an extreme liberal Democrat and resent the attack on a great party by those that call them "Demorats", "Dimocrats" or "Dumbocrats." I wish their Presidential candidates could collectively govern the U.S. given the inspirational brilliance and coherence of their program. For example they will give us back the environment, free health care for all and utopian Nirvana.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Mayor Pete takes the lead in decisive fashion in Iowa in the most recent poll, and also in the RCP poll average.

Iowa (DMR/CNN): Buttigieg 25, Warren 16, Biden 15, Sanders 15, Klobuchar 6

Iowa (RCP Average): Buttigieg 21, Warren 19, Biden 18, Sanders 17, Klobuchar 5, Harris 4, Steyer 3

So Mayor Pete is a national player for the Democrats now. If he wins Iowa, everyone will need to refigure their projections going forward, because that will change everything.

The Democrats are not really going to nominate this guy, are they?

Old 11-18-2019, 12:26 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Mayor Pete takes the lead in decisive fashion in Iowa in the most recent poll, and also in the RCP poll average.

Iowa (RCP Average): Buttigieg 21, Warren 19, Biden 18, Sanders 17, Klobuchar 5, Harris 4, Steyer 3

So Mayor Pete is a national player for the Democrats now. If he wins Iowa, everyone will need to refigure their projections going forward, because that will change everything.

He would be a great choice imo. And his message would serve the country well in trying to bring us back together post-Trump.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:35 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,496,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I myself an extreme liberal Democrat and resent the attack on a great party by those that call them "Demorats", "Dimocrats" or "Dumbocrats."
OK, Complainocrat.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Aristocrats? autocrats?

Old 11-18-2019, 05:03 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,014,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Mayor Pete is polling around 2% nationally among black voters. I don't think he has a snowball's chance of getting through the D primaries.

He's too young and inexperienced, even for the VP slot IMO. He should run for congress, serve several terms, and then maybe run for president.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:11 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,423,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Mayor Pete is polling around 2% nationally among black voters. I don't think he has a snowball's chance of getting through the D primaries.

He's too young and inexperienced, even for the VP slot IMO. He should run for congress, serve several terms, and then maybe run for president.
Trump was too inexperienced, even for the VP slot.

The old playbook has been thrown out.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,014,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump was too inexperienced, even for the VP slot.

The old playbook has been thrown out.
That's a fair point, I've said the same thing about the old playbook.

However, Pete Buttigieg is 37; Trump was 70 in 2016. There's more to 'experience' than having served in government.

JFK at age 43 was the youngest president ever elected. He was a sitting Senator and prior to that had served 3 terms in the US House.

I just can't see the country electing a guy who is 37 and mayor of a city of about 100,000 population.

Then again, as you say, I never would have guessed Trump winning the White House.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:12 PM

838 posts, read 566,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
That's a fair point, I've said the same thing about the old playbook.

However, Pete Buttigieg is 37; Trump was 70 in 2016. There's more to 'experience' than having served in government.

JFK at age 43 was the youngest president ever elected. He was a sitting Senator and prior to that had served 3 terms in the US House.

I just can't see the country electing a guy who is 37 and mayor of a city of about 100,000 population.

Then again, as you say, I never would have guessed Trump winning the White House.
At the risk of sounding like a bigot, Are we going to pretend that being a gay 'Christian' doesn't kind of conflict? specially if we're talking about appealing to a good portion of our country which still happens to have conservative evangelical beliefs.

Not only is he too young imho but he lacks originality and the fact that he plagiarized Andrew Yang's speech (a candidate polling at less than 5%) its quite worrisome to me.
So sure he may be spending millions in Iowa but i personally don't see him getting anywhere, I'll comeback to this when the democratic nominee has been chosen to say i told you so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections