Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 05:42 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,842,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think Buttigieg recognizes that this is not a Democratic year. He's making his name known and positioning himself for 2024.
What position does a gay democrat position themselves in? I'm also wondering what name he'll be know as after positioning himself.

You're very astute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2019, 06:15 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It will be 50 years before this country elects someone of his persuasion. Sorry, it's just the truth. The country is not ready to see president kissing his "husband" in their living rooms.
JMO, but I think Buttigieg's bigger problem is his absolutely horrendous track record with the Black population in his own town (he's Mayor of South Bend, IN). There's no way that segment of the US population will vote for him in a large enough percentage to carry him over the November 2020 finish line.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:48 AM

35,146 posts, read 17,096,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
What position does a gay democrat position themselves in? I'm also wondering what name he'll be know as after positioning himself.

You're very astute
You are laughing. But both Carter and Clinton were laughed at in 1974 and 1990 respectively. At least as to Carter the results were definitely not funny or good. Better take Peter seriously and figure out who he really is, to see if we want him as President from 2025 to either 2029 or 2033.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:49 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is America is not going to accept a homosexusl as CIC...yet. None of the dems. have a prayer, but he doesn't have snowflake's chance in Hell of winning.
Americans might be willing to accept a President who had engaged in homosexuality, but they are not ready to elect someone who sees that as his "identity," or who is actively insistent on smearing it in everyone's face or ramming it down everyone's throats, as Mayor Pete clearly appears to be devoted to doing.

This whole "Identity politics" hustle is a big loser and the Democrats would be smart to cut it out.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,100,021 times
Quote:
You are laughing. But both Carter and Clinton were laughed at in 1974 and 1990 respectively. At least as to Carter the results were definitely not funny or good. Better take Peter seriously and figure out who he really is, to see if we want him as President from 2025 to either 2029 or 2033.

PEOPLE...DON'T....WANT...THEIR...PRESIDENT...KISSI NG...HIS..."HUSBAND"...in their living rooms.

The Bolsheviks have spent the last 50+ desensitizing all of us to it at this point and have mainstreamed it and made it a crime to even talk about it remotely negatively...but the children are becoming more and more Bolshevik and the indoctrination has become more and more prevalent in public schools.

I don't doubt it COULD happen (Americans will elect open homosexual) but I think it is a long ways off yet. As the Left likes to always point out, "not enough of us [true conservatives] have died off yet" for their real goals to be achieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Americans might be willing to accept a President who had engaged in homosexuality, but they are not ready to elect someone who sees that as his "identity," or who is actively insistent on smearing it in everyone's face or ramming it down everyone's throats, as Mayor Pete clearly appears to be devoted to doing.

This whole "Identity politics" hustle is a big loser and the Democrats would be smart to cut it out.
We'll see what happens 50 years from now...I could still be alive, so I might see it. Who knows how this will all play out.

Old 12-07-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
PEOPLE...DON'T....WANT...THEIR...PRESIDENT...KISSI NG...HIS..."HUSBAND"...in their living rooms.
The point of my post is to evaluate and watch him seriously, just as people did not do with that "peanut farmer from Georgia," to quote my stepfather.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
The point of my post is to evaluate and watch him seriously, just as people did not do with that "peanut farmer from Georgia," to quote my stepfather.
I don't deny he's smart - probably more intelligent than every other dem candidate. It just isn't going to happen. Just my opinion of course.

I hear what you're saying.

Old 12-10-2019, 03:48 AM

Quote:
I don't deny he's smart - probably more intelligent than every other dem candidate. It just isn't going to happen. Just my opinion of course.

I hear what you're saying.
Thanks.

And on the other side people considered Donald Trump to be a joke. While he has done surprisingly well in my opinion, the results may have been different in the GOP primaries if more people took him seriously.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
So what do the polls look like among Democrats when you add Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to the mix? The latest Harvard-Harris poll addresses the question:

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/stat...70423090073602

Clinton 21, Biden 20, Sanders 12, Warren 9, Buttigieg 5, Kerry 5

Are we absolutely sure that Hillary is not going to get into this race?

Old 12-10-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So what do the polls look like among Democrats when you add Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to the mix? The latest Harvard-Harris poll addresses the question:

https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/stat...70423090073602

Clinton 21, Biden 20, Sanders 12, Warren 9, Buttigieg 5, Kerry 5

Are we absolutely sure that Hillary is not going to get into this race?
That's hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections