Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2020, 12:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden would pick Michelle Obama as his running mate "in a heartbeat". However, he does not think she is probably interested.

Quote:
Biden says he would pick Michelle Obama as running mate 'in a heartbeat'

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said in a new interview that he would have no hesitation picking former first lady Michelle Obama to be his running mate, but added that he doubts she is interested in the position.

“I’d take her in a heartbeat,” Biden told Pittsburgh’s KDKA on Monday when asked if he’d choose Obama if she said she would be willing to be on the ticket with him. “She’s brilliant. She knows the way around. She is a really fine woman. The Obamas are great friends,” Biden added.

Biden, however, said that he doesn’t think she is interested in the position. “I don’t think she has any desire to live near the White House again,” he said.

Biden said he’s still in the process of deciding whom to pick. He again committed to choosing a woman but did not commit to choosing a woman of color.
Do not be surprised to see some Democrats try to change her mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 04:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
However, he does not think she is probably interested.
And he is of course correct.

Old 04-25-2020, 10:52 AM

Video has appeared of Tara Reade's mother appearing on the Larry King show in 1993, apparently referring to the attack of her daughter by Joe Biden.

Quote:
Glenn Greenwald: Biden sexual assault accuser Tara Reade ‘isn’t going away’

Tara Reade's sexual assault allegation against presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden "isn’t going away" now that a video has emerged that appears to show Reade’s mother referring to the alleged attack in 1993, Intercept journalist Glenn Greenwalk said Saturday. “Tara Reade isn’t going away no matter how many times partisan opportunistic hacks ... are sent out to try to smear, demean & discredit her,” he tweeted.

Reade, a staffer for Biden in 1993 who has claimed he sexually assaulted her, told Fox News on Friday that it was her mother who called into “Larry King Live” in the resurfaced clip and alluded to her daughter’s experience on Capitol Hill.

Biden’s campaign has adamantly denied the accusation.
Partisan opportunistic hacks is right. It is beyond hypocrisy the treatment that the Democrat left gave to Brett Kavanaugh during his Senate hearings, while they say or do pretty much anything to run interference for their presumptive nominee for President Joe Biden, who it seems increasingly likely may have actually perpetrated the acts he is being accused of.

The difference between the two is of course that the allegations against Kavanaugh were entirely uncorroborated, except to the extent that the people Ford identified as witnesses denied ever participating, seeing or knowing about any such thing. So what was effectively corroborated by them were Kavanaugh's denials. Also, the supposed place and date are still unspecified to this very day, no complaint or charges were ever filed - even though a complaint could still be filed even right now, and there is no record of anyone having knowledge of this from the time of the incident.

Meanwhile, there is apparently a record of complaint from the time of the incident with regards to Tara Reade's complaint against Joe Biden, and her mother left evidence of that in her interview with Larry King. There is a criminal complaint that has been formally filed with the police in Washington D.C., and the matter is currently under investigation - right now. Also, there is a lot of photo and film evidence of a lot of really creepy and handsy behavior by Joe Biden, which will not look good for him if he were ever to be brought to trial over one of these incidents.

So the #MeToo movement is all over this, right? Bwahahaha! No way! Joe Biden is the Democrat party standard bearer, and he is the chosen one to "beat Trump". What is more important to the #MeToo, "Believe all women" anti-sexual assault movement? To defend women against being abused sexually by people in positions of high power? Or to get Trump?

The answer appears to be increasingly obvious. And if #MeToo supporters do not clarify their priorities on this, this misguided decision will almost certainly neuter the credibility of this movement once and for all - And it will have been the Democrats that brought it down by forcing #MeToo supporters to support a candidate who is anathema to everything they supposedly stand for.

Glen Greenwald is right when he says that "Nobody is going to let the Democratic Party play games with weaponizing sexual assault allegations. Sorry."

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...32120965726208

Old 04-25-2020, 11:03 AM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Video has appeared of Tara Reade's mother appearing on the Larry King show in 1993, apparently referring to the attack of her daughter by Joe Biden.

Partisan opportunistic hacks is right. It is beyond hypocrisy the treatment that the Democrat left gave to Brett Kavanaugh during his Senate hearings, while they say or do pretty much anything to run interference for their presumptive nominee for President Joe Biden, who it seems increasingly likely may have actually perpetrated the acts he is being accused of. (snip)
I have an "out of the box thought here. The "left" (by way of full disclosure I am a leftist Democrat) may be aiding this fire in order to dump Biden for a more marketable candidate. Us Democrats are dead on arrival this November with Biden as candidate. Can you really see Biden in a debate (link) with Trump? Or will Biden duck debating?

Old 04-25-2020, 11:34 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,377,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I have an "out of the box thought here. The "left" (by way of full disclosure I am a leftist Democrat) may be aiding this fire in order to dump Biden for a more marketable candidate. Us Democrats are dead on arrival this November with Biden as candidate. Can you really see Biden in a debate (link) with Trump? Or will Biden duck debating?
Do you think Trump will want to debate? He has made remarks in the last 6-8 months that he might not debate this time. Truly, except for the repetitious “speaking” he does at his rallies, he’s not an effective speaker. He won the Republican nomination by treating his fellow Republican candidates to a barrage of nasty names and remarks. It was new and different then. It’s old hat now and many middle-of-the-road voters might be sick of that approach.

Actually, I think voters, except for the dyed in the wool MAGA Hatters, want Trump gone and will vote for Biden.

Cuomo could probably best Trump, but I doubt he would want the nomination.

Old 04-25-2020, 12:10 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Don't worry so much about Biden he will be just fine. Trump is sabotaging himself and taking the Senate down with him

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump’s erratic handling of the coronavirus outbreak, the worsening economy and a cascade of ominous public and private polling have Republicans increasingly nervous that they are at risk of losing the presidency and the Senate if Mr. Trump does not put the nation on a radically improved course.

The scale of the G.O.P.’s challenge has crystallized in the last week. With 26 million Americans now having filed for unemployment benefits, Mr. Trump’s standing in states that he carried in 2016 looks increasingly wobbly: New surveys show him trailing significantly in battleground states like Michigan and Pennsylvania, and he is even narrowly behind in must-win Florida.

Democrats raised substantially more money than Republicans did in the first quarter in the most pivotal congressional races, according to recent campaign finance reports. And while Mr. Trump is well ahead in money compared with the presumptive Democratic nominee, Joseph R. Biden Jr., Democratic donors are only beginning to focus on the general election, and several super PACs plan to spend heavily on behalf of him and the party.

Perhaps most significantly, Mr. Trump’s single best advantage as an incumbent — his access to the bully pulpit — has effectively become a platform for self-sabotage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/25/u...briefings.html

Old 04-25-2020, 01:25 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Don't worry so much about Biden he will be just fine. Trump is sabotaging himself and taking the Senate down with him
I think Biden is still likely to win but a better D candidate would be even more likely.

Old 04-25-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting idea. Biden needs to step down and retire, and I suspect at some level he probably wants to do just that. If that is right, this might be easier to pull off than some people think.

But who would the Democrats nominate then? This cannot just be a backroom job where someone makes an announcement and says "OK, we are going with {Hillary, Governor Cuomo, Michelle Obama or whoever}. It does not work like that.

Bernie is next in line and he has not released his delegates. He is smart to have kept his powder dry, because he just might need it yet. And it appears that he knows that.

If not Bernie, then who? Really, not just who would you like it to be. Who COULD it be, realistically speaking, if not Bernie Sanders, with all due respect to the electoral primary process that continues to be underway?

Old 04-25-2020, 04:43 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
If not Bernie, then who? Really, not just who would you like it to be. Who COULD it be, realistically speaking, if not Bernie Sanders, with all due respect to the electoral primary process that continues to be underway?
Cuomo is my guess. Sonia Sotomayer is an interesting thought I had in the shower.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Cuomo is my guess. Sonia Sotomayer is an interesting thought I had in the shower.
Talk about you and your fantasies concerning Sonia Sotomayer in the shower is definitely TMI (Too much information). Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections