Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Michelle Obama, or Hillary Clinton? I'm still guessing Andrew Cuomo though.

Oh, for Pete’s sake. You are smarter than that. Neither of these women wants to run. Give it up, will ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 04:37 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
This woman, Tara Reade, claiming sexual assault is a huge Bernie Sanders fan. She may be raising this issue because she wants Biden out and Bernie as the nominee. She seems a bit wacky and is aggressively trying to get press and TV coverage. The only reason she’s doing this now that I can figure is she wants to help Bernie.

Did you give Brett Kavanaugh the same benefit of the doubt?

Old 05-03-2020, 07:44 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Expect a non-answer to that one... it's safer.

We all experience hypocrisy and acknowledgement is hard... for the forest and the trees.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:55 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Andrew Cuomo would be my choice but it seems NY’ers we’re not always happy with him.
Even though I detest Andrew Cuomo (I am a New Yorker) I have to say I'd prefer him to be running. In the final analysis you want two candidates who can administer the country, not one who painfully cannot. Even though I won't vote for Cuomo and he has a better chance of defeating Trump than Biden, I do not wish for an incompetent candidate.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:54 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Did you give Brett Kavanaugh the same benefit of the doubt?
Tara Reade is not credible. She changed her story, as did her brother. Even she said her complaint in 1993 did not say assault, but said he made her feel “uncomfortable.” On Friday, she backed down from her interview with Chris Wallace. Wallace is a very good interviewer. He would have gotten the real story out of her. Too bad she cancelled the taping.

Brett Kavanaugh had a lot more than Dr. Ford’s testimony going against him. He obviously has a drinking problem. He got so angry and emotional when attempting to get Trump’s attention during the hearing. He put on a real show—even crying. He was supremely rude to Senator Klobuchar during the Senate hearing. She asked him a simple question and he answered her like a real jerk.

I didn’t need Dr. Ford’s testimony to create my opinion of Kavanaugh. He is a real loser, a bad person, a crybaby, and certainly not fit to be a Supreme Court Justice.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:06 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Tara Reade is not credible. She changed her story, as did her brother. Even she said her complaint in 1993 did not say assault, but said he made her feel “uncomfortable.” On Friday, she backed down from her interview with Chris Wallace. Wallace is a very good interviewer. He would have gotten the real story out of her. Too bad she cancelled the taping.

Brett Kavanaugh had a lot more than Dr. Ford’s testimony going against him. He obviously has a drinking problem. He got so angry and emotional when attempting to get Trump’s attention during the hearing. He put on a real show—even crying. He was supremely rude to Senator Klobuchar during the Senate hearing. She asked him a simple question and he answered her like a real jerk.

I didn’t need Dr. Ford’s testimony to create my opinion of Kavanaugh. He is a real loser, a bad person, a crybaby, and certainly not fit to be a Supreme Court Justice.
Ford (I won't even call her a "doctor") was the fakest piece of work I had ever seen. Didn't they even wipe her social media history out?

It was the most grotesque kangaroo court this country had ever seen.

Old 05-04-2020, 06:07 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:

Maybe the FBI should investigate? Lol, Pathetic

Old 05-04-2020, 06:40 AM

25,745 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
This woman, Tara Reade, claiming sexual assault is a huge Bernie Sanders fan. She may be raising this issue because she wants Biden out and Bernie as the nominee. She seems a bit wacky and is aggressively trying to get press and TV coverage. The only reason she’s doing this now that I can figure is she wants to help Bernie.
I have not heard this before. I have read that she remains a Democrat to this day. She does seem to be drawing motivation from somewhere. Where did you read this? Can you share link please? Thx!

Old 05-04-2020, 09:56 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Pocahontas is the most popular choice for Joe Biden to pick as his Vice Presidential candidate, according to a CBS poll of Democrat voters. They polled this two different ways and she was the clear leader in both.

In terms of who should be "considered" for the role, Warren had 71% support, followed by Kamala Harris in second place (59%), followed by Stacey Abrams (50%), and Amy Klobuchar (49%). Gretchen Whitmire came in seventh with 29% in this poll.

In terms of a straight up vote, Warren was first at 36%, followed again by Harris (19%), Abrams (14%) and Klobuchar (13%).

Quote:
Warren is Democratic voters' top choice for Biden VP: poll

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) ranks as Democratic voters’ top choice for presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s vice presidential pick, a CBS News poll released Sunday found.

Seventy-one percent of Democratic voters say Warren should be considered as a running mate, topping the list of potential female picks. Warren was followed by Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) at 59 percent, former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacy Abrams at 50 percent and Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) at 49 percent.

The Massachusetts progressive also earned the top first-choice pick for the position, at 36 percent. Harris followed at 19 percent, ahead of Abrams at 14 percent and Klobuchar at 13 percent.

Warren won the vote among white Democrats and liberals by big margins. For black Democrats, she is among the top picks, although their votes are distributed between her, Abrams and Harris. The progressive also was one of the top three choices for moderate Democrats, along with Klobuchar and Harris.
Biden and Warren. Bwahaha. This is too good. I hope he picks her.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 AM

10,772 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:

Kavanaugh was not known for molesting children and women in public.
Most fathers would murder Biden in cold blood if he did this-
https://twitter.com/RAMRANTS/status/930066633661464576
Imagine giving him another 4 years of such opportunities in the White House....
Blatant disregard for humanity.

Last edited by MAGAalot; 05-04-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections