Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 10:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,575,841 times

Advertisements

Quinnipiac: Biden 29, Sanders 19, O'Rourke 12, Harris 8, Warren 4, Buttigieg 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 10:56 AM

Has Joe Biden announced yet? If not, once he sees this, he may be inclined to reconsider any such plans that he had been working up:
Klobuchar: 'I have no reason not to believe' Biden accuser

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) said Sunday that she has no reason not to believe Lucy Flores, the woman who has accused Joe Biden of kissing her head without consent in 2014. I have no reason not to believe her,” Klobuchar, who is running for president in 2020, said on ABC's "This Week."

“I think we know from campaigns and politics that people raise issues and they have to address them, and that’s what he will have to do with the voters if he gets into the race," she said of Biden, who is likely to soon put in his bid for the 2020 nomination.

Flores, a former Nevada state assemblywoman, wrote in an op-ed on Friday that at a campaign rally supporting her bid for lieutenant governor while Biden was vice president, he came up to her from behind, put his hands on her shoulders, sniffed her hair and kissed her on the back of her head. "The vice-president of the United States of America had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it," she wrote.
If there starts to be a steady stream of these sorts of complaints that start coming out against Biden during this campaign, how will that work? Seriously, we are still several months out from the first debate. When you get close to the primaries, things get rougher. And then when the eliminations start happening during the primaries, things have a tendency to get flat out nasty.

We are almost a year out from the first primaries. I do not know how much of it is true, but Joe has a reputation for this kind of stuff. Does anyone really believe this is the end of this, or is it just the beginning?

Old 03-31-2019, 11:40 AM
JRR

8,249 posts, read 5,774,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Has Joe Biden announced yet? If not, once he sees this, he may be inclined to reconsider any such plans that he had been working up:
Klobuchar: 'I have no reason not to believe' Biden accuser

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) said Sunday that she has no reason not to believe Lucy Flores, the woman who has accused Joe Biden of kissing her head without consent in 2014. I have no reason not to believe her,” Klobuchar, who is running for president in 2020, said on ABC's "This Week."

“I think we know from campaigns and politics that people raise issues and they have to address them, and that’s what he will have to do with the voters if he gets into the race," she said of Biden, who is likely to soon put in his bid for the 2020 nomination.

Flores, a former Nevada state assemblywoman, wrote in an op-ed on Friday that at a campaign rally supporting her bid for lieutenant governor while Biden was vice president, he came up to her from behind, put his hands on her shoulders, sniffed her hair and kissed her on the back of her head. "The vice-president of the United States of America had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it," she wrote.
If there starts to be a steady stream of these sorts of complaints that start coming out against Biden during this campaign, how will that work? Seriously, we are still several months out from the first debate. When you get close to the primaries, things get rougher. And then when the eliminations start happening during the primaries, things have a tendency to get flat out nasty.

We are almost a year out from the first primaries. I do not know how much of it is true, but Joe has a reputation for this kind of stuff. Does anyone really believe this is the end of this, or is it just the beginning?
If things like this didn't seem to matter that much in 2016, why would they be such a big deal in 2020?

Old 03-31-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
If things like this didn't seem to matter that much in 2016, why would they be such a big deal in 2020?
Well, Amy Klobuchar seems to think they matter, which is the point of that article. Also, if the Democrat left want to permanently abandon their practice of dishonestly trying to smear their adversaries with completely uncorroborated and in many cases egregiously dishonest attacks of this sort, then they are going to have to vet Joe Biden using whatever criteria they hope to carry forward.

Of course women, or men for that matter, should be taken seriously and listened to when these sorts of complaints are raised. But especially when it comes to politicians, after all of the despicably dishonest behavior we have seen from many of the accusers, these matters need to be regarded objectively, dispassionately and must require serious and verifiable corroborating support before destroying anyone's career, reputation or life.

And that certainly includes Joe Biden. Whatever standards that the Democrat left wants to apply to its adversaries, it must also apply them just as vigorously to their own leaders, if they want these standards to be regarded as credible and worthy of respect. Otherwise, that demonstrates that not even the Democrat leftists respect these standards, and that their use are just naked political smear tactics, completely devoid of principal.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:02 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Today is the last day for Fundraising for the 1st Quarter reports. The reports are due out April 15th, though some candidates might release the reports or summaries of the reports sooner.

Old 03-31-2019, 12:03 PM
JRR

Quote:
Well, Amy Klobuchar seems to think they matter, which is the point of that article. Also, if the Democrat left want to permanently abandon their practice of dishonestly trying to smear their adversaries with completely uncorroborated and in many cases egregiously dishonest attacks of this sort, then they are going to have to vet Joe Biden using whatever criteria they hope to carry forward.

Of course women, or men for that matter, should be taken seriously and listened to when these sorts of complaints are raised. But especially when it comes to politicians, after all of the despicably dishonest behavior we have seen from many of the accusers, these matters need to be regarded objectively, dispassionately and must require serious and verifiable corroborating support before destroying anyone's career, reputation or life.

And that certainly includes Joe Biden. Whatever standards that the Democrat left wants to apply to its adversaries, it must also apply them just as vigorously to their own leaders, if they want these standards to be regarded as credible and worthy of respect. Otherwise, that demonstrates that not even the Democrat leftists respect these standards, and that their use are just naked political smear tactics, completely devoid of principal.
Or maybe the Democrat voters will use the 2016 election as a learning opportunity and say that candidate behavior doesn't mean a damn thing. All that matters is winning. That they will be willing to hold their nose and vote for anyone who can beat Trump. That attitude worked against them in 2016 so maybe it can work for them in 2020.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Or maybe the Democrat voters will use the 2016 election as a learning opportunity and say that candidate behavior doesn't mean a damn thing. All that matters is winning. That they will be willing to hold their nose and vote for anyone who can beat Trump. That attitude worked against them in 2016 so maybe it can work for them in 2020.
Someone needs to be sure to tell that to Amy Klobuchar, the Democrat left mass media and the rest of the howlin, entirely unprincipled leftist mob.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:16 PM
JRR

Quote:
Someone needs to be sure to tell that to Amy Klobuchar, the Democrat left mass media and the rest of the howlin, entirely unprincipled leftist mob.
Kind of easy to see where the howlin is coming from on this subject.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Comey 2020? Former FBI director teases presidential run

Old 04-02-2019, 09:30 AM

Is Joe Biden "Toast"? The author of this article thinks so and he has some compelling arguments to back that statement up.
Joe Biden is Toast

This could be the shortest presidential campaign in history. Just a few weeks ago, I wrote these words in a piece here at the Resurgent:
“Biden’s problem is not just that he sticks his foot in his mouth regularly; it’s that he is a square peg trying to fit in a left-wing, intersectionality-created round hole. People are being chased from the public square, brow-beaten into silence, and publicly scourged by the social justice activist coup that now controls the [Democrat Party]… Simply put, that is an insurmountable obstacle for a guy like Biden.”
And here we are. In recent days, a social justice activist and former Nevada Assemblywoman Lucy Flores wrote an article for New York Magazine that detailed how Joe Biden invaded her personal space and awkwardly gave her an unwanted kiss. These days, that’s more than sexual harassment, that’s sexual assault. Now you tell me how a party that “believes all women” is going to nominate Joe? It. Won’t. Happen.
{More at the link}
So while I am not ready to proclaim that Joe Biden is officially "Toast" yet, he is currently in the toaster getting toasted, and he has not even formally entered the race yet. He will have 18 months of this to look forward to, if he does in fact decide to run.

The author makes a very good point that this party is not the party of Joe Biden anymore. Do they really want a Joe Biden as their nominee? Does Joe Biden really want to try to be the figurehead for what this group of people has become? It seems to me that the answer to both questions may well be "No".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections