Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,054,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sadly, she has a good point.

I was just talking about this problem with someone last week. You know how this works, right? Men are "confident," but women are "pushy." Men are "assertive," but women are "bitchy." Men are "knowledgeable," but women are "opinionated.

Hm, there aren't any really powerful women among Republicans, are there? Elizabeth Dole was an anomaly, for instance.
Warren isn't liked because she's a pathetic liar, not because she's allegedly got a vagina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 05:42 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,602,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Warren isn't liked because she's a pathetic liar, not because she's allegedly got a vagina.
I'll leave it at allegedly. I don't need any proof.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,602,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Sadly, she has a good point.

I was just talking about this problem with someone last week. You know how this works, right? Men are "confident," but women are "pushy." Men are "assertive," but women are "bitchy." Men are "knowledgeable," but women are "opinionated.

Hm, there aren't any really powerful women among Republicans, are there? Elizabeth Dole was an anomaly, for instance.
Well, there's sandwiches in the kitchen needing made if it's too much of a drag being a woman out in the real world. Otherwise get a helmet and deal with it.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Everyone who runs for president knows they will be bashed mercilessly (except Trump who believes everyone should kiss his backside).

Warren knows what she's getting into. I think she's misjudged her standing with the Dems, but there will be a pack of people running on both sides of the aisle and in the middle--she's one of them. What Warren has going for her is that she truly dislikes the swamp-like atmosphere that Trump has continued to foster. Face it--Trump did nothing to drain the swamp--he added to it. So Warren's dislike of the banks, lobbyists, corporate greed and oligarchs is a good thing for her. It's real and authentic, at least--not just a dog whistle.

Trump is totally and absolutely unlikeable--I cannot think of any people who have said they like him ever in New York, and I know some in Palm Beach who know him--they think he's not very bright. What's to like? Nobody likes the guy--including those republicans pretending that they do in order to avoid mean tweets and having their cellphone numbers published by Trump, the child. I don't think Melania even likes him--but loves his money. The kids act like Stepford people with Stockholm Syndrome--not even sure they actually like him. Maybe Jared likes him--he'd have no job without him.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:49 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,096,924 times
Democrats are guaranteed to lose if Warren runs against Trump. Hillary 2.0.

A lot of conservatives hate her which will motivate them to vote, tand Trump will tear her apart.

Democrats, don't be stupid.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:49 PM

34,257 posts, read 18,628,370 times
Why are Democrat women all horror shows of unlikability? Is it anger? Envy? Poor looks? Men hating issues? Men issues? Men don't like them issues? White guilt? Black entitlement? White, Black Men issues? What is it?

Old 01-02-2019, 05:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
If it makes her feel better, she’s 0.01% likable.
lol

Old 01-02-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I'll leave it at allegedly. I don't need any proof.
I didn't want to assume anything and offend anyone.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Oooooops, too late!

Old 01-02-2019, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Democrats are guaranteed to lose if Warren runs against Trump. Hillary 2.0.

A lot of conservatives hate her which will motivate them to vote, tand Trump will tear her apart.

I guarantee you she will not be the Dem candidate--she doesn't have the support. Just not popular enough. I'm hoping the Sanders crowd doesn't freak out--but it is not going to be Bernie either. Nobody is going to elect someone who would be 79 when elected. No way he could do two terms. And why would we want an 80 year-old president? Same for Biden. Time for someone new. It will become more clear after debates and primaries. We may not know until 2020 who the candidate will be. Everyone is just too anxious to rush it--doesn't happen that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections