Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 05:45 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,489,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, Elizabeth Warren won't be taking any PAC money. What's wrong with her?

She's been about the middle class forever and, trust me, the middle class needs some love.
What about the poor class. The ones in poverty?

A true economic change should offer greater freedoms to all, not just the middle class (who are struggling of course).

As for Warren, I won't vote for her but I don't hold it against people who will, she is a distant second to Bernie. Of course her plans will have less of a lasting affect as the promote good corporate governance (leaving the same people in charge) while Bernie would break up these large organizations of nationalize them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 05:54 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,408,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Can someone on the right answer me why it is so bad to have a person who is not funded by Wall Street, the military industrial complex and big pharma running for president?

Its a big breath of fresh air in my opinion to have a candidate who is not beholden to the billionaire class and instead is free to give a voice to labor and the working class in this country. Boy, is it needed.

Salt of the earth Americans have been decimated by corrupt politicians serving their financial overlords for too long.
We have someone who ran for president and IS PRESIDENT who was not funded by Wall Street or the others you mentioned. His name is Donald Trump.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:31 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,590 posts, read 14,747,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We have someone who ran for president and IS PRESIDENT who was not funded by Wall Street or the others you mentioned. His name is Donald Trump.
But he sucks and doesn't support any policies I wanted

Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,408,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
But he sucks and doesn't support any policies I wanted
But, that wasn't the comment. The comment was why we cannot have a candidate who isn't owned by big business. Trump was that candidate and is that President.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:43 AM

12,264 posts, read 6,520,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarRight View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sander...234647684.html

Oh good lord. We know who the FREEBIE candidate will attract....barf. What's so sad is this bozo has enough support to probably win the election....will his possible be the bomb that sets off a civil war? I mean seriously stealing MORE of people's money won't go over well.
FREEBIE candidate? The tax cuts weren`t his idea. If he steals your money you can call the police or your KGB friends.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:49 AM

14,221 posts, read 7,011,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Trump is swimming in cash from Wall Street and Goldman. Thats why he hired a Goldman fat cat to beg for money during his campaign (and later gave him the keys to the Treasury). Trump gives himself and his cronies what he wants at the expense of ordinary salt of the earth Americans.

We need non-corrupt people in charge. Not people with the same big money donors as establishment democrats.

Old 01-29-2019, 10:51 AM

8,326 posts, read 3,979,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Can someone on the right answer me why it is so bad to have a person who is not funded by Wall Street, the military industrial complex and big pharma running for president?

Its a big breath of fresh air in my opinion to have a candidate who is not beholden to the billionaire class and instead is free to give a voice to labor and the working class in this country. Boy, is it needed.

Salt of the earth Americans have been decimated by corrupt politicians serving their financial overlords for too long.
I hear you, but Bernie Sanders is too old. Even if elected he might not survive two terms considering the stress of being President.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:25 AM

5,308 posts, read 6,269,710 times
Bernie had his day. I do not see a better outcome in 2020. To be blunt- he'll lose ground to both other progressives in the race and the votes he picked up as the only suitable protest vote against Clinton. For all the hand ringing about Superdelegates- Bernie had already lost the race based on the pledged delegates who were allotted by primary votes.

I expect to see Warren and Brown cannibalize his support since Brown will appeal to more workers and Warren can explain policy on a deeper level than Sanders.

Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 AM

15,506 posts, read 6,489,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Bernie had his day. I do not see a better outcome in 2020. To be blunt- he'll lose ground to both other progressives in the race and the votes he picked up as the only suitable protest vote against Clinton. For all the hand ringing about Superdelegates- Bernie had already lost the race based on the pledged delegates who were allotted by primary votes.

I expect to see Warren and Brown cannibalize his support since Brown will appeal to more workers and Warren can explain policy on a deeper level than Sanders.
That is great political gesturing and predicting made popular by cable news. But why do you not support him? What about his policies and record is not appealing to you?

Old 01-29-2019, 05:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That is great political gesturing and predicting made popular by cable news. But why do you not support him? What about his policies and record is not appealing to you?
LOL. So anyone who doesn't share your zeal for Bernie is 'poltical gesturing and predicting made by cable news'?

Only Bernie fans know the REAL truth?

Come ON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections