Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,422,148 times

Advertisements

Mr. Schultz's POTUS opponent should be that Republican named Bob Goodlatte (Virginia).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 07:35 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,445,518 times
is he the guy that played on hogan heroes?

Old 01-30-2019, 07:39 PM

9,326 posts, read 4,172,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
The last thing we need is another billionaire business man who thinks that his money qualifies him for the presidency. He has no experience in government, in any kind of public governance, or in international relations and diplomacy. His motivation is pretty clear: he is afraid Democrats will raise HIS income tax. He is running out of pure self interest. Time to put to rest the false idea that if you can run a business, you can run the government.
I completely agree. How dumb would anyone have to be - even before Trump - to imagine that the position of the presidency can be well-filled by anyone with money, but devoid of experience? His motivation is irrelevant to me. Even if his ideas totally aligned with mine, I still don't want a novice as my president. Nor as my plumber, nor as my physician, nor as my accountant.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:48 PM

5,969 posts, read 3,935,022 times
This is the same Howard Schultz who closed all umpteen thousand Starbucks locations for four hours of compulsory 'sensitivity training' after a couple employees in one store felt uncomfortable after seeing two young black men walk in and sit at a table.

That alone should question his fit for the presidency.

Old 01-30-2019, 07:51 PM

41,011 posts, read 49,502,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
He said if he runs, it will not be as a Democrat, but as an independent candidate.
You want him to Run like Bernie.

You call Bernie a Democrat now ?

Old 01-31-2019, 01:59 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,628,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You want him to Run like Bernie.

You call Bernie a Democrat now ?
What does Bernie - or my opinion, for that matter - have do do with what I said? I expressed no opinion, I only stated a fact: Schultz said he would run, if he does so, as an independent.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:11 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,922,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
The United States doesn't need another Israel-firster/USA-laster President. (We already have one who's been bought and paid for by AIPAC.) Maybe he could exercise his dual citizenship and take Satanyahu's job when he inevitably ends up in jail.
What President starting with LBJ wasn't an Israel first and which cheek do they need kissed first president?
Carter made sure that Israel would be paid one hell of a sugar bonus and no one ever questions it. Obama might have talked smack but actions speak louder than words. He kissed their collective arses just like every president since LBJ.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,281,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
... but devoid of experience?

Experience as what? A politician? The Job of CEO of billion dollar company is quite similar to Executive position in government, other than Governor I'm not sure what could prepare you better. Clearly someone like Obama had less qualifications.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:07 AM

33,619 posts, read 12,816,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
The last thing we need is another billionaire business man who thinks that his money qualifies him for the presidency. He has no experience in government, in any kind of public governance, or in international relations and diplomacy. His motivation is pretty clear: he is afraid Democrats will raise HIS income tax. He is running out of pure self interest. Time to put to rest the false idea that if you can run a business, you can run the government.
If you really believe that, then you don't know much about what can motivate very wealthy people.

Additionally, you don't know enough about Howard Schultz.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:10 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,628,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Experience as what? A politician? The Job of CEO of billion dollar company is quite similar to Executive position in government, other than Governor I'm not sure what could prepare you better. Clearly someone like Obama had less qualifications.
Totally different kinds of management. CEOs can fire anyone who gets in their way. Elected officials generally cannot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections