Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:22 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Please tell us the difference between Reagan and Trumps policies towards Russia?

<crickets>
The crickets are heard only because the rest of humanity can't believe you just asked that question and actually expect to hear no difference. Without going into a lengthy discourse on the vast differences - let's just go with one glaring one. Reagan: "Gorbachov, tear down this wall!" Trump: "He said he didn't do it (interfere in the elections) and I believe him." To see no difference between these two is not only to be blind, but to be deaf (enter the crickets).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The crickets are heard only because the rest of humanity can't believe you just asked that question and actually expect to hear no difference. Without going into a lengthy discourse on the vast differences - let's just go with one glaring one. Reagan: "Gorbachov, tear down this wall!" Trump: "He said he didn't do it (interfere in the elections) and I believe him." To see no difference between these two is not only to be blind, but to be deaf (enter the crickets).

So you can't tell us either. Thought so.

Here's a tip: Ad hominem isn't argument. It means you don't have one.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:57 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
So you can't tell us either. Thought so.

Here's a tip: Ad hominem isn't argument. It means you don't have one.
Ad hominem provides no defense from an argument either.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Ad hominem provides no defense from an argument either.
OK here's your chance to prove it. Why don't you tell us the difference between Trump and Reagan's policies towards Russia since you guys say it was hugely different.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:15 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
OK here's your chance to prove it. Why don't you tell us the difference between Trump and Reagan's policies towards Russia since you guys say it was hugely different.
No, thanks. I won't be speaking for 'you guys' if I do, but since I'm staying out of this kerfuffle, you'll have to defend yourself without any help from me.

I've already let my thoughts been known earlier on Haley. I'm happy to leave it to others to get sucked into your attempted deflection from the topic.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:02 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Trump said that Putin seems to believe that he did not interfere in the election. You didn't quote him accurately.

I don't think you or anybody else has shown any evidence Putin and Russia interfered in the election or at least explain how they would have been effective in doing so. I would say the biggest interference in the election was illegal immigrants voting for Democrats.

The left didn't like Reagan back in the day because of his tough stance on the Soviet Union and in 2012 Obama and Democrats ridiculed Romney for describing Russia as our no. 1 geopolitical foe.

Hillary loses to Trump and all of a sudden liberals have a problem with Russia for the first time. Obama did not do anything about Russia invading Crimea and I don't even remember it being an issue that was discussed in our country at the time. Obama was caught on mic telling a Russian official to tell Putin that Obama would have more flexibility after the election. Why aren't these things evidence of collusion with Russia? It is because the collusion thing isn't about the truth, it is about trying to drive down Trump's popularity with his voters.

I can't see any reason why Russia would support GOP over Democrats in this country given the GOP has been the tougher party on Russia over the decades.

All Trump said during his campaign is that it would be a good thing if we could get along with Russia which is a true statement. That doesn't mean he's in cahoots with Putin.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 03-13-2019 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-17-2019, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
A poll came out yesterday which has Graham down 52-48 to a generic challenger.

South Carolina 2020 Poll: Biden leads Primary Field by Wide Margin; President Trump Popular with Base. – Emerson College Polling

Skip down to find the poll on Graham.

Haley has 2024 presidential ambitions & knocking off a sitting US Senator in her home state would show her chops. It also would make her one of the front runners, if not the front runner for the republican nomination in 2024. She could also use the entire 4 years in office campaigning, raising money, & enhancing her public image. Imagine what her being on Fox News 2 to 3X's a week, being able to familiarize republican voters with her, & throwing shade at either potential democratic candidates or the sitting democratic president.

Graham is vulnerable, he has been in the Senate a long time, & cozying up to Trump has hurt his public image quite a bit.
I have trouble believing an emerson poll is very accurate and not slanted, but more than that, I don't think Graham cozying up to Trump has hurt him. Heck, think the party members stand behind our president. At least to some degree they should. I would be more upset if it was the other way around. Now, as for Haleu I really like her, but I don't want to see her hurt the party either, I do agree Graham is about due to give it up. rant ofwouw poll

Old 03-17-2019, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I think Graham will be the Vice President in 2020 under President Booker, the Loud and Proud LGBT Split ticket will take America by storm!
now that is about the most ridiculous thought I have seen in a long time and very bigoted I will add.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
A poll came out yesterday which has Graham down 52-48 to a generic challenger.

South Carolina 2020 Poll: Biden leads Primary Field by Wide Margin; President Trump Popular with Base. – Emerson College Polling

Skip down to find the poll on Graham.

Haley has 2024 presidential ambitions & knocking off a sitting US Senator in her home state would show her chops. It also would make her one of the front runners, if not the front runner for the republican nomination in 2024. She could also use the entire 4 years in office campaigning, raising money, & enhancing her public image. Imagine what her being on Fox News 2 to 3X's a week, being able to familiarize republican voters with her, & throwing shade at either potential democratic candidates or the sitting democratic president.

Graham is vulnerable, he has been in the Senate a long time, & cozying up to Trump has hurt his public image quite a bit.
wow, reading through your posts on this, you sure do use opinions as facts don't you?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
She should. Graham is acting like someone has something on him, spineless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections