Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 04:11 PM

15,783 posts, read 9,643,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not surprising that Dr. Drew thinks he's off...lol.
I read that the other day and wondered what he was getting at. Now we know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 04:12 PM

10,557 posts, read 6,217,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
His “work of fiction” would have had him closely watched by school administrators if he were a teen today.
No he wouldn't.
I have a friend whose son is an exceptionally talented artist.
His big inspiration is Stephen King's - what's that character called - Pennywise I think? I'm not sure his age but he's younger than fifteen.
His artwork is outstanding - and very dark.
Nobody thinks there's an issue with the kid. He's just being a kid.

Last edited by Cruithne; 03-16-2019 at 04:21 PM..

Old 03-16-2019, 04:13 PM

15,783 posts, read 9,643,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not in Democratic-run Broward County, FL. That's why Cruz was able to kill so many in Parkland.
Both Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris turned in violent "fantasies" to their teachers before their shooting spree and nothing happened there either

Old 03-16-2019, 04:14 PM

89,675 posts, read 45,312,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
So he wouldn't.
His big inspiration is Stephen King's - what's that character called - Pennywise I think? I'm not sure his age but he's younger than fifteen.
He's not running for POTUS. Do you understand the difference?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:15 PM

89,675 posts, read 45,312,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Both Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris turned in violent "fantasies" to their teachers before their shooting spree and nothing happened there either
And they weren't flagged why?

Old 03-16-2019, 04:18 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,913,020 times
I used to write fanfic, and a few of them were pretty dark. My kids used to laugh at me because I could torture a character in my stories, but I couldn't watch anything gruesome on the screen. I still can't.

It's called fiction, folks. There are plenty of writers who kill characters in their writing. If they didn't, there would not be much fiction out there.

Just more right wing foaming at the mouth about nothing of significance.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 03-16-2019 at 04:32 PM..

Old 03-16-2019, 04:27 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,480,507 times
It will be funny if this white rich privileged man who inherited money and married into more of it ends up being the Democratic party nominee.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:33 PM

24,225 posts, read 15,289,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
His “work of fiction” would have had him closely watched by school administrators if he were a teen today.
The kids in my neighborhood used to put explosives in pipes. One put dry ice in a soda bottle. He's blind in one eye.
During my high school years, the son of a renowned wild cater an hotel builder would use a hypodermic to put vodka in an orange. The teachers thought it was nice he was eating fruit. They also brought sports cars into the school and drove them around the halls.

I noticed in DH fraternity, the hell raisers all got doctorates and did useful work.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:39 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,868,914 times
Quote:
Don't be so dramatic. It's a work of fiction.

Really, get some perspective. Too much freaking out over nothing these days.
This is what is wrong with leftists. The fact that anyone would dismiss fantasizing about killing children and having sweet visions afterward just because it's fiction (as far as we know it is fiction) is disturbing.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:42 PM

25,115 posts, read 16,336,966 times
Quote:
No he wouldn't.
but he's not drawing/painting himself as the killer.

did Beto's handiwork make it to public purview back then - was it written for some literature/essay/poetry contest, or as homework? Why be apologetic about it, unless you're admitting there was a dark period in your life that you were able to move beyond? or weren't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections