Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 08:29 AM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times

Advertisements

Rashida Tlaib has not yet declared but in many ways she'd be the ideal Democratic nominee. She has risen from being dirt poor to Congress. That's great in itself. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has that quality but sadly is too young to run. She's 29.

Tlaib checks off the following identity boxes:
  1. Female
  2. Young
  3. Minority
  4. Progressive
  5. Single mother (divorced)
  6. Rashida Tlaib becomes first Muslim woman to preside over House floor
  7. For Rashida Tlaib, Palestinian Heritage Infuses a Detroit Sense of Community
She hates what America has become, loves what it can be. She can help expand the glorious diversity of the future of America and shuck the hidebound ideology of its past, which correctly led the Right Reverend Jeremiah Wright to express negative views on America before the Obama presidency (link to source, and here's a transcript) :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Jeremiah Wright
When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese decent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African decent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains. The government put them in slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton fields, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into position of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing “God Bless America.” No, no, no. Not “G-d Bless America”; God Dim America! That’s in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating her citizen as less than human. God Damn America as long as she keeps trying to act like she is God and she is supreme!

The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African decent.
Tlaib can, in short, absorb the disaffected of America, and make them into equal citizens.

Another aspect is that unlike Trump she is a calm person, soothed, even by events in which others find only horror. She can find the positive in anything, take lemons and make lemonade as it were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 09:14 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,289,289 times
Rashida Tlaib is a freshman backbench member of Congress with no real power. While obviously there are lots of Dems that like her left wing orientation. There is no evidence she would do well in a democratic primary. She is well to the left of the median Democratic House member and Democratic voters in general.

Her fame is mostly a function of right wingers who see her as a useful foil to allegedly show how radical the Democrats are. Meanwhile, back in the real world, tragically unwoke Joe Biden is solidly leading in democratic primary polls.

Last edited by jpdivola; 05-17-2019 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Rashida Tlaib is a freshman backbench member of Congress with no real power. While obviously there are lots of Dems that like her left wing orientation. There is no evidence she would do well in a democratic primary. She is well to the left of the median Democratic House member and Democratic voters in general.

Her fame is mostly a function of right wingers who see her as a useful foil to allegedly show how radical the Democrats are. Meanwhile, back in the real world, tragically unwoke Joe Biden is solidly leading in democratic primary polls.
On the merits she would be a great President.

Old 05-17-2019, 10:47 AM

52,696 posts, read 47,975,215 times
She is a horrible human being who has done nothing in her life to get any votes from hard-working, flag-waving Americans. All she is is just another hard-core leftist. We've got more than enough candidates for next year's flameout (which President Trump will win) and don't need another.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:21 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Before anyone tries to make a serious response to the thread, take a look at the OP's posting history. This is a Trump supporter trolling....

Old 05-17-2019, 01:49 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Rashida Tlaib has not yet declared but in many ways she'd be the ideal Democratic nominee. She has risen from being dirt poor to Congress. That's great in itself. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has that quality but sadly is too young to run. She's 29.

Tlaib checks off the following identity boxes:
  1. Female
  2. Young
  3. Minority
  4. Progressive
  5. Single mother (divorced)
  6. Rashida Tlaib becomes first Muslim woman to preside over House floor
  7. For Rashida Tlaib, Palestinian Heritage Infuses a Detroit Sense of Community
She hates what America has become, loves what it can be. She can help expand the glorious diversity of the future of America and shuck the hidebound ideology of its past, which correctly led the Right Reverend Jeremiah Wright to express negative views on America before the Obama presidency (link to source, and here's a transcript) :
Tlaib can, in short, absorb the disaffected of America, and make them into equal citizens.

Another aspect is that unlike Trump she is a calm person, soothed, even by events in which others find only horror. She can find the positive in anything, take lemons and make lemonade as it were.
You're kidding me, right? That is one of the nastiest, angriest women I have ever seen. I have yet to see a picture of her where she isn't scowling or flat out yelling. She is an embarrassment to my adopted state. Fortunately, she is not my representative, mine is sane.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:55 PM

5 posts, read 2,058 times
She married her brother,...................always a plus.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Before anyone tries to make a serious response to the thread, take a look at the OP's posting history. This is a Trump supporter trolling....
Hardly. I am an extreme left-winger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
You're kidding me, right? That is one of the nastiest, angriest women I have ever seen. I have yet to see a picture of her where she isn't scowling or flat out yelling. She is an embarrassment to my adopted state. Fortunately, she is not my representative, mine is sane.
Have you read her deep essays on democracy and economics?

Old 05-17-2019, 02:26 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,885 times
OP has to be trollin

LOL

Old 05-17-2019, 04:57 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,142,463 times
I heard she looks pretty explosive wearing only her bomb vest.

Last edited by OpinionInOcala; 05-17-2019 at 05:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections