Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:06 AM

11,986 posts, read 5,328,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsCity View Post
As long as the Dems nominate their crazies, Trump has this
We obviously have very different views of what’s crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM

233 posts, read 226,681 times
Default Trump is a business man first

and deals with America like a business, as in get things done and not a lot of waste and B. S....

I think Trump's presidency will inspire other successful business men/women to take
a shot at the White House, and cause down time for politicians.........

Old 06-12-2019, 12:13 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,659,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am one extremely liberal Democrat that plans to vote for Trump. And among people I talk to there are plenty others, though they may not go public in their views.
You call yourself extremely liberal way to much for anyone to actually believe you. especially since you were Anti Obama and a Trump supporter.

WHo was the last Democrat you voted for at each level, and what do you believe makes you "extremely liberal" or a Democrat for that matter ?

Old 06-12-2019, 04:41 AM

10,372 posts, read 10,749,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
and deals with America like a business, as in get things done and not a lot of waste and B. S....

I think Trump's presidency will inspire other successful business men/women to take
a shot at the White House, and cause down time for politicians.........

I suggest you actually read about Trump's business history and his practices. His businesses have declared bankruptcy six times. His has ripped off creditors on projects where he has not declarfed bankruptcy. The biggest bombshell about Trump's business practices will result from when it is made public how he paid for his 17 golf courses with cash.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:48 AM

35,444 posts, read 17,347,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You call yourself extremely liberal way to much for anyone to actually believe you. especially since you were Anti Obama and a Trump supporter.

WHo was the last Democrat you voted for at each level, and what do you believe makes you "extremely liberal" or a Democrat for that matter ?
I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primaries, and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential elections. I made "protest votes" in the Senate and gubernatorial races in recent years because I don't like 70%+ margins for anyone. This is not the former Soviet Union. As far as being a "Democrat" I registered as one in May 1975 in my high school's lobby and have been one since.

As far as supporting liberal causes I have donated to wolf restoration in Yellowstone. I am pro-choice. I was against the Vietnam war since we should be in wars to win, not just kill people. I am for far better funding of public school education and courts. I believe in far higher salaries for public officials so we don't keep getting the dregs running. The IQ level of the Senate and House is probably not higher than my 79 IQ.

Last edited by jbgusa; 06-12-2019 at 05:42 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 09:55 AM

29,637 posts, read 16,659,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primaries, and Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Presidential elections. I made "protest votes" in the Senate and gubernatorial races in recent years because I don't like 70%+ margins for anyone. This is not the former Soviet Union. As far as being a "Democrat" I registered as one in May 1975 in my high school's lobby and have been one since.

As far as supporting liberal causes I have donated to wolf restoration in Yellowstone. I am pro-choice. I was against the Vietnam war since we should be in wars to win, not just kill people. I am for far better funding of public school education and courts. I believe in far higher salaries for public officials so we don't keep getting the dregs running. The IQ level of the Senate and House is probably not higher than my 79 IQ.
LOL, you voted for Hillary Clinton, but not Barack Obama, and now you are a Trump supporter. explain that logic ????????

Old 06-13-2019, 10:23 AM

35,444 posts, read 17,347,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL, you voted for Hillary Clinton, but not Barack Obama, and now you are a Trump supporter. explain that logic ????????
I vote on perceived qualities of the candidate as a person. In 2016 I considered Trump to be of low quality. Thus my vote went to Hillary. In 2008 and 2012 I perceived John McCain and Mitt Romney to be much higher quality, as people.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:22 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,716,444 times
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-election-odds

You can only fool the people for so long.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:58 PM

29,239 posts, read 22,516,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-election-odds

You can only fool the people for so long.
Wow.
That's 10 swingy states, not the 3 of 2016. And Trump has lost his popularity in 2 of those 3.

Just goes to show how much work Trump has ahead of him.

The most interesting thing I noticed is the number 42. That number seems to be the percentage Trump tops out at over and over in all the polls, ever since the first days of his Presidency. 42% appears to be his ceiling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections