Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 01:47 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,713,827 times

Advertisements

Don't we have real issues and difficult decisions of importance to make in this country? None of which are being discussed or debated in this thread. Another attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill by foolish posturing, twisting hypotheticals and outright baiting to distract from the seriousness of our democratic process. Sheesh, everyone thinks they are a Roger Stone!

The merits of her words or a rational thoughtful opposing opinion of her comments are worth discussing; but the sideshow and deliberate smear antics and attempts to divide and conquer with trash talking over pointless conjectures...boring and pitiful.

The Dumbing Down of America!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-02-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 01:53 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,503,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Don't we have real issues and difficult decisions of importance to make in this country? None of which are being discussed or debated in this thread. Another attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill by foolish posturing, twisting hypotheticals and outright baiting to distract from the seriousness of our democratic process. Sheesh, everyone thinks they are a Roger Stone!

Start a thread about it and we can discuss them.
Or dont.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:47 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Just stop. Please.

It's one thing to critique someone for their words or actions in terms of politics. It's a different thing altogether to critique someone based on how they respond (or don't respond) when startled, assuming it's not like crazy violent or anything.

It's not important, and I'm guessing all you and similar posters are doing is showing how much you want us to believe that you're dripping in testosterone.
Exactly! I have to wonder how many of these keyboard ninjas would react if someone much bigger and stronger came at them unexpectedly.
Come on guys... go ahead and tell us all how you’d ruin them.

Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Just stop. Please.

It's one thing to critique someone for their words or actions in terms of politics. It's a different thing altogether to critique someone based on how they respond (or don't respond) when startled, assuming it's not like crazy violent or anything.

It's not important, and I'm guessing all you and similar posters are doing is showing how much you want us to believe that you're dripping in testosterone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Exactly! I have to wonder how many of these keyboard ninjas would react if someone much bigger and stronger came at them unexpectedly.

look harris not only showed no backbone by letting the guy take the mic from her, it seemed like gave it up willingly, but she then proceeded TO LEAVE THE STAGE, and had to be coerced into returning. and its not like she didnt know anything like this has happened in the past either, since she likely knew about sanders getting pushed into the background at one of his 2016 rallies by people that took over the stage. sorry but if she cant handle someone unexpectedly getting on the stage and trying to take the mic from her, then she needs to seriously rethink running for president.

you dont respond to bullies by meekly handing over what they want. you have to step up and stop them. remember most bullies are cowards.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:21 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:

The merits of her words or a rational thoughtful opposing opinion of her comments are worth discussing; but the sideshow and deliberate smear antics and attempts to divide and conquer with trash talking over pointless conjectures...boring and pitiful.

50% of the people that post here, maybe more...made up their minds a long time ago whom they're going to vote for.

Many of the rest of us do not vote in either primary so really at this point.

My 2 cents about her is that her campaign and it's operatives have already had at least 2 articles on CNN about how Beto is "white and male" and then a second about how Bernie, Beto and Biden are "white and male".

I have not and will not be voting for Trump but the first time a democratic candidate opens their pie-hole and attacks me over my sex\gender I'll be voting 3rd party again in disgust.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:47 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,713,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
50% of the people that post here, maybe more...made up their minds a long time ago whom they're going to vote for.

Many of the rest of us do not vote in either primary so really at this point.

My 2 cents about her is that her campaign and it's operatives have already had at least 2 articles on CNN about how Beto is "white and male" and then a second about how Bernie, Beto and Biden are "white and male".

I have not and will not be voting for Trump but the first time a democratic candidate opens their pie-hole and attacks me over my sex\gender I'll be voting 3rd party again in disgust.
With all due respect, the topic of Senator Harris' speech was equal pay for women. I don't believe anyone is asking or demanding that males be oppressed or not get paid for a job they perform.

Groups and people who fight for equality - whether on the grounds of race, gender, sexual preference, or anything else -exist as part of the fight to eradicate unfairness and special privilege and to level the playing field.

Asking for and achieving equality does not entail taking rights or privileges from white males, in the case of equal pay for women. Only in the heads of those who fear losing dominance.

It’s becoming more and more common in our current culture of social unrest: some folks out there have gotten it into their heads that “equality” and “special privilege” mean exactly the same thing.The irony is that those two concepts are actually polar opposites of one another. What intolerant people of the world are taking and running with is the entirely inaccurate idea that oppressed sectors of society believe that they should hold more power than their oppressors. This is not true.

Don't fall for it. Simply put, oppressed groups that fight for social change aren’t looking for a role-reversal; they’re just looking for equal treatment. It’s as easy as that.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:57 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
look harris not only showed no backbone by letting the guy take the mic from her, it seemed like gave it up willingly, but she then proceeded TO LEAVE THE STAGE, and had to be coerced into returning. and its not like she didnt know anything like this has happened in the past either, since she likely knew about sanders getting pushed into the background at one of his 2016 rallies by people that took over the stage. sorry but if she cant handle someone unexpectedly getting on the stage and trying to take the mic from her, then she needs to seriously rethink running for president.

you dont respond to bullies by meekly handing over what they want. you have to step up and stop them. remember most bullies are cowards.
Lol..and it only took 4 grown men to drag him off stage.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Quote:
With all due respect, the topic of Senator Harris' speech was equal pay for women. I don't believe anyone is asking or demanding that males be oppressed or not get paid for a job they perform.

Groups and people who fight for equality - whether on the grounds of race, gender, sexual preference, or anything else -exist as part of the fight to eradicate unfairness and special privilege and to level the playing field.

Asking for and achieving equality does not entail taking rights or privileges from white males, in the case of equal pay for women. Only in the heads of those who fear losing dominance.

It’s becoming more and more common in our current culture of social unrest: some folks out there have gotten it into their heads that “equality” and “special privilege” mean exactly the same thing.The irony is that those two concepts are actually polar opposites of one another. What intolerant people of the world are taking and running with is the entirely inaccurate idea that oppressed sectors of society believe that they should hold more power than their oppressors. This is not true.

Don't fall for it. Simply put, oppressed groups that fight for social change aren’t looking for a role-reversal; they’re just looking for equal treatment. It’s as easy as that.
Please, when they come up with that “women only make 78 cents for every dollar men make “ crap they are ignoring the many reasons for that gap and implying that women should make a dollar for every dollar. I am all for equal opportunity but that would never be enough for a lot of folks on the left.

I believe twenty odd men die on the job for every woman. I don’t see anyone wanting equality there.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When some lunatic does a strong-arminf tactic like this on a conservative, OP is all: "how terrible - all these liberals are violent thugs, blah blah"

When some lunatic does it to a liberal, OP is all in on how the liberal target is weak, implying how the deserved it, etc.

So true! Harris did the right thing by leaving the stage - for all she knew it was some lunatic with a gun.

Either her security team OR the venue's security team needs to be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Plus, the way Hickenlooper was heckled. The actions of progressives against their own party's candidates ought to serve to inform.

I don't think I want their vision for our country.
I realize nothing the democrats do could compare to Rubio and Trump comparing penis size but we'll just have to get by without all that drama

Old 06-02-2019, 04:12 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,950,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post

Bigger and stronger? It looks like Kamala outweighs man bun boy by a good 30 pounds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections