Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:42 PM

78,492 posts, read 60,679,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Did not even cross my mind that it was racist. Cory Booker was the Dem who seemed most upset, and he is at 2%, so I do not think he speaks for a lot of Democrats.
That's because you're racist.

You're welcome. See how easy it is to use?

Old 06-21-2019, 01:53 PM

24,515 posts, read 17,265,170 times
Well I would rather see Biden put his foot in his mouth than put his hands on a young girl and see her cringe. That is just creepy.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:28 AM

59,189 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
However, in the case of Robert Byrd, by the 1970's he explicitly renounced his earlier views favoring racial segregation and said that he regretted his prior opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He also supported the federal legislation creating the national MLK day in the 80's.

People change and evolve....Byrd is an example. He was also an eloquent critic and opponent to the Iraq war.
I agree but, ALSO remember when Strom Thurmond who was ALSO with Byrd when they both were anti black and Srom was one of the FIRST Senators to have black staff member yet, when he retired the dems blasted Stom for his PREVIOUS stance on race and caused a repub to NOT get the Senate Majority Leadership because he said some good things about Stom at his retirement yet they gave Byrd free pass.

"He also supported the federal legislation creating the national MLK day"

I'd vote against that also. As much as I admire MLK, I do NOT think he was "greater" then ALL presidents or other Americans who did great things.

He is the ONLY American to have a "Day".

"and opponent to the Iraq war." And?

How many of these did YOU VOTE FOR or support?

Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP at the time
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state at the time(Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate at the time
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY) Current SML
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Last edited by Quick Enough; 06-22-2019 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-22-2019, 03:50 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,344,684 times
I saw sleepy Joe speaking at the SC Democrat Convention a few minutes ago. He was stuttering and stammering the whole way through, it was painful to watch.

Trump would absolutely wipe the floor with this guy in a debate. It wouldn't even be fair.

Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
Here's a link if you haven't heard this yet:

Democrats Blast Biden For Recalling 'Civil' Relationship With Segregationists

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/73410...egregationists

I was surprised how little the MSM covered this today. Almost like a flock of sheep, they thought reparations was a more important topic. Biden has yest to apologize. I'm sure this will come up in the debates.
The media has covered this incessantly. The main reason it's an issue is that Corey Booker and Bill DeBlasio are at 2% and 1% in the polls.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:06 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
Here's a link if you haven't heard this yet:

Democrats Blast Biden For Recalling 'Civil' Relationship With Segregationists

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/19/73410...egregationists

I was surprised how little the MSM covered this today. Almost like a flock of sheep, they thought reparations was a more important topic. Biden has yest to apologize. I'm sure this will come up in the debates.

The old fellow is getting quite senile. He thinks it's sill 1975.

The media won't give negative coverage to Biden. They have decided for the Democrats that Biden will be the nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections