Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 11:14 AM

1,705 posts, read 541,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't free.

For fewer and fewer all the time.

You do know what "free" means?
Its paid for by taxes... and make no mistake. We ALL know that...

And, I have no access to any statistics that says that MY country are affording fewer surgeries each year? Or any other 1st world country..

And you will not either..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 12:14 PM

8,093 posts, read 10,693,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Actually, they do.

If they go to the emegency room, by law, hospitsls are required to provide them with adequate care.
That's not FREE healthcare. Do you think the emergency room doctors and health providers are providing their services to the illegal patients at no cost? Is the hospital agreeing to not bill for services rendered?

No, they're billing for it, it's the American taxpayers that are paying for it. Remember, the Government has no money. It's all OUR money.

I am currently paying off a $4000 bill (born here in the USA, have been working and paying taxes here for over 40 years) for my own emergency room visit. That's what I owe AFTER insurance. My daughter and her husband had to recently take out a personal loan to pay off some medical bills he incurred because his employer does not offer health insurance

But I should be willing to pay for the health care of the citizens of other countries, as long as they can find away to sneak in here.

Who's looking out for me and my American family? If I sneak into Mexico or Honduras, will they pay my bills?

Lunacy.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:16 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
You do know what "free" means?
Its paid for by taxes... and make no mistake. We ALL know that...

And, I have no access to any statistics that says that MY country are affording fewer surgeries each year? Or any other 1st world country..

And you will not either..
People will have the surgeries. There is little choice in that. Bankruptcies for medical reasons will also continue to be a large problem and unpaid bills will continue to affect everyone.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
That's not FREE healthcare. Do you think the emergency room doctors and health providers are providing their services to the illegal patients at no cost? Is the hospital agreeing to not bill for services rendered?

No, they're billing for it, it's the American taxpayers that are paying for it. Remember, the Government has no money. It's all OUR money.

I am currently paying off a $4000 bill (born here in the USA, have been working and paying taxes here for over 40 years) for my own emergency room visit. That's what I owe AFTER insurance. My daughter and her husband had to recently take out a personal loan to pay off some medical bills he incurred because his employer does not offer health insurance

But I should be willing to pay for the health care of the citizens of other countries, as long as they can find away to sneak in here.

Who's looking out for me and my American family? If I sneak into Mexico or Honduras, will they pay my bills?

Lunacy.
"Willingly" has nothing to do with it. As you note, willingly or not you are doing so. We are not going to change that. So with that being the case, preventive health Care is a far cheaper option.

You'll at least pay less.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:41 PM

20,549 posts, read 17,812,694 times
Now, it doesn't matter which party you support.

Most politicians don't even understand that our healthcare system is so brittle. Without the ACA, many hospitals would go belly up. Even with the ACA, hospitals especially near the borders have to perform miracles just to keep up with overflow of illegal patients without being sued.

Something has to be done at the border and government takeover of healthcare maybe needed to prevent our economy from being damaged further by illegals.

We must provide healthcare to our citizens first and make changes to the border and laws to prevent our healthcare system from being taxed by illegals.

You know why middle class health insurance keeps going up? Because insurance companies are forced to provide insurance to many immigrants and poor lower class and the government only provides a 40% subsidy with our taxes.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:49 PM

2,567 posts, read 2,233,691 times

Old 06-29-2019, 01:05 PM

4,621 posts, read 6,431,882 times
"My daughter and her husband had to recently take out a personal loan to pay off some medical bills he incurred because his employer does not offer health insurance" ....another reason to support Medicare for all.

"Unauthorized immigrants paid more than $20 billion in income taxes in 2015. They also fund Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security". "The most recent IRS data, from 2015, shows that the agency received 4.4 million income tax returns from workers who don’t have Social Security numbers, which includes a large number of undocumented immigrants. That year, they paid $23.6 billion in income taxes. That doesn’t even include workers who paid taxes with fake Social Security numbers on their W-2 forms, which is also common.
"

"Still, all undocumented workers fund public schools and local government services by paying sales and property taxes like everyone else. The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy estimates that they pay about $11.7 billion a year in state and local taxes".

"And workers who get a paycheck, like Maria, still have payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security withheld from their paycheck, even if they put a fake Social Security number on their W-2 form. The IRS estimates that unauthorized workers pay about $9 billion in payroll taxes annually."

link.

So, undocumented immigrants do pay taxes, and should be allowed to join medicare for all as well.
As stated several times above, it will cost less in the long run.....preventing illness is cheaper than treating illness. Getting the flu shot is cheaper than treating the illness, getting a pneumonia shot is cheaper than treating the illness, prenatal care is cheaper than treating a malnourished/addicted infant in the NICU ....

Medicare for All...different plans explained

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-01-2019, 11:19 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,111,229 times
I wish people would find a different name for what they want to do. I paid into medicare for the last 40+ years and only recently retired and am under Medicare. If they expect me to start paying more so people who have never contributed as much as 10% of what I did, can have the same coverage, then I will never vote for anyone who espouses Medicare for all. Come up with a separate plan for everyone and leave us alone.

Remember that all that money I contributed to Medicare, is for Part A. Hospitalization, only.

I am now paying a considerable amount for Part B and for supplemental coverage as well. And don't forget Part D, for drug coverage. Pretty much everything I am getting is from coverage I am now paying for. And I am still getting back less than I am putting in. With any luck my health will stay good so I can pay for all the other people not so lucky. So, almost all that Part A that i contributed all those years should still be there waiting for me to uses it, unless they give it away to illegals who have done little to deserve it.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I wish people would find a different name for what they want to do. I paid into medicare for the last 40+ years and only recently retired and am under Medicare. If they expect me to start paying more so people who have never contributed as much as 10% of what I did, can have the same coverage, then I will never vote for anyone who espouses Medicare for all. Come up with a separate plan for everyone and leave us alone.

Remember that all that money I contributed to Medicare, is for Part A. Hospitalization, only.

I am now paying a considerable amount for Part B and for supplemental coverage as well. And don't forget Part D, for drug coverage. Pretty much everything I am getting is from coverage I am now paying for. And I am still getting back less than I am putting in. With any luck my health will stay good so I can pay for all the other people not so lucky. So, almost all that Part A that i contributed all those years should still be there waiting for me to uses it, unless they give it away to illegals who have done little to deserve it.
They've filled all the jobs the corporations have told us American's won't do. That's kinda important no? Or is that not true?

Old 07-01-2019, 03:02 PM

11,522 posts, read 14,703,199 times
This is where some of these candidates need a reality check. Our citizens are struggling for health care, esp. after 55 w/ high premiums and before Medicare kicks in. Stupid of them to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections