Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 03:15 PM

2,261 posts, read 1,146,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I wish people would find a different name for what they want to do. I paid into medicare for the last 40+ years and only recently retired and am under Medicare. If they expect me to start paying more so people who have never contributed as much as 10% of what I did, can have the same coverage, then I will never vote for anyone who espouses Medicare for all. Come up with a separate plan for everyone and leave us alone.

Remember that all that money I contributed to Medicare, is for Part A. Hospitalization, only.

I am now paying a considerable amount for Part B and for supplemental coverage as well. And don't forget Part D, for drug coverage. Pretty much everything I am getting is from coverage I am now paying for. And I am still getting back less than I am putting in. With any luck my health will stay good so I can pay for all the other people not so lucky. So, almost all that Part A that i contributed all those years should still be there waiting for me to uses it, unless they give it away to illegals who have done little to deserve it.
Maybe you dont realize they are also advocating for full healthcare for everyone, so you dont have to pay as much as youre paying now. Putting more people into the system makes the costs cheaper for everyone. If we have 315 million people in the country we will barely see the costs for health care, and iof everyone agrees to put the system in place, maybe they can even find a way to give back what you put in because it wont be needed. More money will be going into the system and you will be taken care of for life. Maybe you can be credited for what you put in.

See when people think about how to make things work rather than finding reasons to shoot it down, everyone benefits.

Im not pushing for full health coverage for illegals, but at least let them get the Medicare for all done first, good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 08:27 PM

8,093 posts, read 10,693,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They've filled all the jobs the corporations have told us American's won't do. That's kinda important no? Or is that not true?
Corporations have told you that, so you believe it? You've got to be joking, right?

Old 07-01-2019, 10:29 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,631,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
All the Democrats are PROMOTING "FREE" stuff for NON CITIZENS (Illegal Aliens). College, Healthcare, and next will be Universal Basic Income for ILLEGALS. The Democrats hate the American Citizen that PAYS for everything.
Thing is-they don't even bother to hide it any longer. It's been true for years-they have been doing everything they can to harm this nation and especially American citizens. But they used to try to hide it-heck even Barry managed to denounce criminal aliens once in a while. Now-they don't even pretend to be trying to help Americans, and have come out for putting every nation above America. The good point? The American public isn't completely stupid and is seeing this more and more every day. If the Dems keep the same pandering to illegals up through the election cycle that they did in the debates-the party is done for a decade. I have trouble seeing any American voting for anyone that spend the American presidential debate speaking Spanish. Let alone promising taxpayer-funded health care to criminal aliens.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:47 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,554,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
This is where some of these candidates need a reality check. Our citizens are struggling for health care, esp. after 55 w/ high premiums and before Medicare kicks in. Stupid of them to go there.
The plan also covers citizens after 55, before Medicare kicks in. Sounds like you are saying citizens need the plan. Or are you saying it's a bad idea to cover citizens between 55 and 65?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 AM

22,068 posts, read 9,638,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They've filled all the jobs the corporations have told us American's won't do. That's kinda important no? Or is that not true?
Another myth perpetuated by the Democrats. Who did these jobs before the country was flooded with illegals? Hmmmm....Americans?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,111,229 times
Medicare, as it has been for years now is working for those that have contributing most of their adult lives, if not all. I am just saying that such a major change of adding everyone to the program, could bankrupt it. It would not be that much more difficult to run a parallel program for those who haven’t been contributing to Medicare, as well as those who have for varying amounts of time such that they can draw from both, until such time that no one is still around that was on the current Medicare program. It will take a long time to do it this way, but it would be the best transition to healthcare for all.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:23 AM

22,068 posts, read 9,638,287 times
I wasn't able to watch the debates because I was out of the country but I heard when asked who would support healthcare for illegals, old Joe waited and looked around the stage to see what all the other candidates did before slowly raising his hand. That was the nail in his coffin since his only chance was being the only somewhat moderate candidate. That will come to haunt him. Even if he does win the nomination, he would be defending that in the general.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:04 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Corporations have told you that, so you believe it? You've got to be joking, right?
No, I don't believe it but that is what we base our actions on.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:06 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Another myth perpetuated by the Democrats. Who did these jobs before the country was flooded with illegals? Hmmmm....Americans?
It doesn't do much good to discuss something with someone wearing blinders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections