Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 10:39 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Riiiight....even though polls show every Democratic candidate beating Trump in an election today.
Just as they did President Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Not really.

Hillary couldn't even win a rigged election.
Well, in her defense, she did win a rigged primary.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:54 PM

914 posts, read 644,680 times
No, I beg to differ. Dems have not yet given up the great fight (even though we know their efforts are fruitless).

I mean come on, Bernie has decided to run on excusing 95% of student loans, and Biden followed up saying the same. You can tell Biden doesn't agree with abortion, but he will sell his soul on that and pretend to support it just to become president for which is would be a national embarrassment. Then we have this Buttegieg, where a black man who raised a knife to kill the police who had to shoot to kill or be killed, who is now defending the BLM criminal; oh, and now Warren wants to pay reparations to gay people who didn't rightfully get tax breaks because they weren't allowed to get married. Kamala will be just like Obama and be kind and generous to only her fellow Indians just as Obama favored his black muslim following. No thanks.

My question is, will the gays have to hand over their reparations to the blacks then?

My god what a farce the new dems have become. Burn that flag losers, just do it and we'll be even more determined to stop you come election time.

I'll be watching the debate, as it will be nice tp see them bashing each other as opposed to just attacking our president at his every turn.

Last edited by settled00; 06-24-2019 at 11:45 PM..

Old 06-24-2019, 11:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Riiiight....even though polls show every Democratic candidate beating Trump in an election today.
Democratic is a verb.
A 98% chance, was pretty convincing.

Last edited by BentBow; 06-24-2019 at 11:39 PM..

Old 06-25-2019, 05:05 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
The high-up party insiders know that they cannot defeat Trump. The current crop of Democrats are being used as pawns/experiments for how to rebrand the party for 2024.
No, sir!
Make no mistake. The Democrats fully believe Trump can be defeated, and they intend to defeat him in 2020.

If there's any 'rebranding' to be done in the party, it's going to happen in 2020, not 2024.

The Democrats have disagreements within their party for sure, but they have been working on them since 2016, and their candidates now offer the voters a wider range of policy choices that has been presented to them for many years.

Only time will tell as to who will be the voter's best choice, but they have someone who will be there in the lineup. There won't be any settling for a compromise in 2020. I'm confident the nominee who emerges will be the one who can defeat Trump.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:48 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:

Yeah, Trump is going to lose as badly as the pollsters said he would in 2016.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:23 AM

23,238 posts, read 29,085,198 times
Quote:
By popular vote! Which means nothing! He'll win again thanks to the Electoral College, even if he's behind by 10 million votes!

I'm sitting this one out as I'm completely convinced Trump will be re-elected, so I'm not going to even follow the 20 egotist running for President this time.

They still may have a chance if they all throw their muscle behind one candidate! And that isn't about to happen when ego's are involved!

Old 06-26-2019, 01:29 AM

21,956 posts, read 9,541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
No, I beg to differ. Dems have not yet given up the great fight (even though we know their efforts are fruitless).

I mean come on, Bernie has decided to run on excusing 95% of student loans, and Biden followed up saying the same. You can tell Biden doesn't agree with abortion, but he will sell his soul on that and pretend to support it just to become president for which is would be a national embarrassment. Then we have this Buttegieg, where a black man who raised a knife to kill the police who had to shoot to kill or be killed, who is now defending the BLM criminal; oh, and now Warren wants to pay reparations to gay people who didn't rightfully get tax breaks because they weren't allowed to get married. Kamala will be just like Obama and be kind and generous to only her fellow Indians just as Obama favored his black muslim following. No thanks.

My question is, will the gays have to hand over their reparations to the blacks then?

My god what a farce the new dems have become. Burn that flag losers, just do it and we'll be even more determined to stop you come election time.

I'll be watching the debate, as it will be nice tp see them bashing each other as opposed to just attacking our president at his every turn.
I don't think they will bash each other. I think it will be A) A huge amount of Trump bashing (who can come up with the most zingers) and B) who can most effectively promise free stuff. (BTW, NONE of them cared about any of this while sitting in the Senate or whatever position they may hold.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:50 AM

11,857 posts, read 5,829,762 times
Google got outted for their search results interference, people are upset that nothing is getting accomplished with all farce of investigations taking place these last 2 years, more and more people are being affected by the current influx of immigrants ect..

The Dems are pigeon holing themselves by not addressing issues with logical plans. Middle class knows that to support these things - they are the ones taking the hit.

I really think the party is foolish thinking that they have enough support to pull off a win without a viable candidate that makes sense. You can only give so much away and these give aways don't sit well with many of us that work but still has tp budget, who helped out our kids pay off those loans ect.. If you took out student loans and decided to get a degree in imaginative thinking - that's on you.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:00 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
^^^^
Agree

I.Support the.Candidates ideals and wanting to make a dramatic change. You have to set the building blocks up for that and transition over. Also.you have to reach across the aisles to a.Congress that can easily shift Parties in control.l

That's why I am hoping the Moderates running eventually start to stand out.

Will say I almost would vote for.Warren but can't due to her viewpoint on student debt, Supreme Court views, Medicare for.all, and.tax on the rich. Outside of that I agree a lot with some.of her political.stances.

Last edited by RunD1987; 06-26-2019 at 06:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections