Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:44 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,497,070 times

Advertisements

They seem to be splintering. After the splinter finishes building walls around their new splinter party or fringe group, the rest of the party can start rebranding, replatforming, etc. as a party that tries to get a majority everywhere, that cares about the entire population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,718,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
They seem to be splintering. After the splinter finishes building walls around their new splinter party or fringe group, the rest of the party can start rebranding, replatforming, etc. as a party that tries to get a majority everywhere, that cares about the entire population.
Check out Bennett. Start getting some buzz on this guy.

Old 06-26-2019, 02:13 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
You aren't seeing splintering in the Democratic party.

What you are seeing is a salad bar. More choices than a plate can hold. Some of those choices are what you expect to see in a salad bar, while other choices are exotic.

Exotic to you, but not to someone else. That's how a good salad bar always is.

Old 06-26-2019, 03:47 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,774,210 times
I predict the crying Dem's will be drinking their hot chocolate with marshmallows... and taking their anti-anxiety pills when Trump wins in 2020.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:20 PM

284 posts, read 78,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You serious? Do you recall what happened in 2016, and what the polls said would happen?

This is a different scenario. Trump has also been tried and tested for the past two years. People have got to know him better how he thinks and what he does.

The chances of Trump winning 2020 after all the constant Liberal mainstream media constant bashing is very, very slim.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:34 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 4 days ago)

52,709 posts, read 48,010,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Riiiight....even though polls show every Democratic candidate beating Trump in an election today.
Nobody should believe polls, period. I don't, and neither should you. They're bogus and they're made up by mostly left-wing hacks. It's not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
The high-up party insiders know that they cannot defeat Trump. The current crop of Democrats are being used as pawns/experiments for how to rebrand the party for 2024.
Good luck with them "rebranding" the party for four years from now, all the while when there are no guarantees that that sad party will even survive before that time. All of the candidates are definitely wasting their time and everyone else's.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 PM

914 posts, read 644,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't think they will bash each other. I think it will be A) A huge amount of Trump bashing (who can come up with the most zingers) and B) who can most effectively promise free stuff. (BTW, NONE of them cared about any of this while sitting in the Senate or whatever position they may hold.
Turns out you were right. It's about an hour in to the debates and I had to turn it off. Who wants to watch half-wits try to out-do each other with attacks on President Trump? So far I didn't hear a single original plan or feasible idea. It seemed to be all about hate and Trump. My god do they never learn?

One more thing you're right again on, many of these candidates are life-long government employees who never really accomplished a thing in their tenure.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:00 PM

25,599 posts, read 17,334,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Nobody should believe polls, period. I don't, and neither should you. They're bogus and they're made up by mostly left-wing hacks. It's not worth it.

Good luck with them "rebranding" the party for four years from now, all the while when there are no guarantees that that sad party will even survive before that time. All of the candidates are definitely wasting their time and everyone else's.
I think all polls are accurate.
But not very many of them really count. The ones that do count rely on input from likely voters - not adults or registered voters.
Trump managed to win when RCP showed him with a 37.5% favorable and 58% unfavorable rating. (Nov 10, 2016)
Compare that to today's 44%/52% and it appears that you are right.
He can't be beaten.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:24 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,383,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
The high-up party insiders know that they cannot defeat Trump. The current crop of Democrats are being used as pawns/experiments for how to rebrand the party for 2024.
At one point I'd have said they are doing a warmup for 2024. But people who are nominated and fail rarely get a second chance.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:02 PM

1,074 posts, read 642,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I predict the crying Dem's will be drinking their hot chocolate with marshmallows... and taking their anti-anxiety pills when Trump wins in 2020.
OH no...you have us lefty's all wrong...we will be drinking matcha green tea- not from Starb***'s but from the local coffee shop- and we will be meditating and doing yoga to help us figure out how to combat the next layer of evil by doubling down on our solar panels, recycling, and helping the less fortunate.

However, that will not be necessary, as we will be dancing in the streets with our rainbow banners and craft beers of celebration over the end of the evil regime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections