Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 08:23 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Question:
If I say I am running for president of the us, and I collect money to support my campaign, and then opt out, do I get to keep the money collected?

Answer: You can, or keep:

• Donations to charities, as long as the candidate doesn’t receive compensation from the organizations and the donation is not used by the charity to benefit the candidate.
  • A donation of a maximum of $2000 to another presidential candidate.
  • Unlimited transfers to a local, state or national political party committee.
  • Donations to state and local candidates or transfer to a future election campaign committee of the same candidate (Bernie Sanders transferred $1.5 million collected from his Senate campaign committee to his presidential committee).
  • Payments to family members for their services in the campaign.
  • Lucrative book deal
  • Speaking fees.
From. in part, Investopedia
All that stuff applies to Senators and Representatives too. It also applies to state and local offices, though state laws differ.

But other donations have to be reported and have to be used specifically for campaigns only. These donations are often less than the other types of donations.
If a candidate isn't careful, it's possible to have a campaign go broke with millions of donations that can't be touched still sitting in the bank, useless.

This is what happened in 2015 to Scott Walker. His managers screwed up his campaign funding sources, and though he was the front-runner, he ran out of available money early on and had to drop out.

Managing money is one of the hardest things of any campaign. One of the biggest problems is having the money available when it's needed, and there has to be enough funding to last all the way to a convention.

Trying to budget becomes a Catch-22; too little and it's the end, but too much is just as bad if it must be spent at the wrong time.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual points View Post
Ever since Donald Trump has become our President I hate him more each day. But after watching the two debates of the 20 Democratic Candidates running for President, I may have to vote for Donald Trump in 2020.

Why: The Democratic Party Candidates running today make George McGovern seem like Barry Goldwater. They are radicals and will turn the country into another Cuba. Open the border, free guaranteed income, raise taxes, social programs for everyone to get votes, excuse all student loans, Medicare For All, go easy on criminals, etc.

Would you consider voting for Donald Trump even if you normally vote Democratic because the current Democrats are too radical and liberal?
If those were my only options i'd consider emmigrating to another country.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,012,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
The part of silly season is seeing the Republican Party turn a blind eye to Russian involvement in our elections which was proven. Seeing our current President play footsie with Putin and call him a good man. Reagan would have spun in his grave.

Sad very sad 2hat the Republican Party has become.
21st Century Republican Party= Do as I say, not as I do.. and = HAHA YOU LOST WE WON..

Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,012,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I recall a poll that came out earlier this year or late last year which showed that something like 57% of the overall voting population stated they would vote for whoever ran against Trump, no matter who that might be. So this poll pretty accurately reflects that view from the American public.

There are lots of very vocal Trump supporters on this site, but their flooding this forum and dominating most of the threads does not change the fact that they do not accurately represent America's view of this president, even though they talk loudly and incessantly to try to convince us they're in the majority.

Really, what else can they do at this point?
Its all they have. If you look at the Putin thread there are a few who want to kill many who do not fall in line with Christian values and think gays are getting special treatment and extra privileges all while only wanting equal ones. You wont change these people's minds. Just show the middle who probably dont like either party these people

Old 07-02-2019, 09:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,839,291 times
Quote:
I would vote for anyone over Trump.

I agree with this.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:31 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,338,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.
me too, I would vote for a sock puppet before I'd vote for Trump.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,884,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
me too, I would vote for a sock puppet before I'd vote for Trump.
And at least 57 percent of American voters agree with you. Even this forum of rabid and vocal Trump supporters can't skew the numbers in a poll right here on CD. That says a lot.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:40 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,499,887 times
I think the Democrats are nearing a party split between moderate liberals and radicals. To a degree this happened in 2016. Radicals disappointed by Hillary winning nomination chose not to vote in general election. Obama was able to excite both, especially in 2008.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:50 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,992 times
Quote:
I would vote for anyone over Trump.
This would be an ill advised opinion to have I'd think. I would NEVER in a million years think any one could do anything to cause me to vote for Donald Trump....but the dems managed to make that happen. And apparently it wasn't just me. This was truly a nose pinching event.

Be careful when you make statements like that. I'd rather not jump off the roof of my ranch house....unless the only other option was jumping off my neighbors 2 story high roof.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This would be an ill advised opinion to have I'd think. I would NEVER in a million years think any one could do anything to cause me to vote for Donald Trump....but the dems managed to make that happen. And apparently it wasn't just me. This was truly a nose pinching event.

Be careful when you make statements like that. I'd rather not jump off the roof of my ranch house....unless the only other option was jumping off my neighbors 2 story high roof.
It's quite a normal opinion that many people have. Any of the Democrats running would make a better president than DJT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections