Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 10:22 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,478,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usual points View Post
Ever since Donald Trump has become our President I hate him more each day. But after watching the two debates of the 20 Democratic Candidates running for President, I may have to vote for Donald Trump in 2020.

Why: The Democratic Party Candidates running today make George McGovern seem like Barry Goldwater. They are radicals and will turn the country into another Cuba. Open the border, free guaranteed income, raise taxes, social programs for everyone to get votes, excuse all student loans, Medicare For All, go easy on criminals, etc.

Would you consider voting for Donald Trump even if you normally vote Democratic because the current Democrats are too radical and liberal?
You don’t have to vote for anyone. It is a privilege, not a requirement.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM

17,687 posts, read 6,947,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They’ve really painted themselves into a corner with the identity politics. I remember thinking the day after Trump’s shocking win that people were going to have wtf moments and eventually regret the vote. I voted for him thinking he had no chance to win, but I didn’t want Texas to go blue and I was really mad about the San Jose rally and the way people were beating Trump supporters for attending a political rally while the police watched and did nothing. Plus the Supreme Court vacancy, which I’m sure put him over the top.

I figured the DNC would have a come to Jesus moment and work to have a more unifying message and try to win back the working class in the Midwest. Take advantage of Trump’s promise to do more fair trade deals (this was a Democratic platform for as long as I can remember, same with immigration enforcement). But they can’t do it with the different groups they have. I would have at least thought they wouldn’t vilify the voters, but instead try to win them back.

They did none of that. They even defended MS-13 when Trump called them animals. They showed not only a lack of sympathy, but real anger towards the parents who lost children to illegal immigrants. They encouraged attacking anyone who worked in the Trump Administration wherever they went, in movie theaters, restaurants, or even while pumping gas. They defended Antifa violence. They vilified children who went to a pro-life rally and wore MAGA hats. They’ve promised to get rid of the Electoral College. They even debated giving the right to vote to 16-year olds. Don’t even get me started on what they did to Brett Kavanaugh.

They basically said at these debates that they wouldn’t enforce the border and will decriminalize illegal border crossing, and give them free healthcare and housing and college. They can’t even do that for our own citizens! They had a candidate say that America has plenty of money, it’s just in the wrong hands. Even if their promises are akin to a student running for class president promising koolaid in the water fountains and no homework, the one thing they can do (and will do) is allow the border to be completely unsecured and invite every asylum seeker in so they can await a hearing they’ll never show up for. Kamala Harris even promised to override our 2nd amendment through executive order. They want the Equality Act that would effectively end women’s sports. They want to end fossil fuel extraction. The Democrats are terrifying these days.
This is the best summary of the Democrat Party I've read in a long time. Let me also add that the Democrats' fake 2+ year conjured up investigation of "Russian collusion" is treasonous in my book. They and the people who continue to support the lie/smear of "Russian collusion" are traitors.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,646,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
If the Democrats nominate a neoliberal, I will be sitting at home come November 2020.
I guess you’re fine with 4 more years of Trump then?

Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This is the best summary of the Democrat Party I've read in a long time. Let me also add that the Democrats' fake 2+ year conjured up investigation of "Russian collusion" is treasonous in my book. They and the people who continue to support the lie/smear of "Russian collusion" are traitors.
I forgot to mention Russian collusion, but I’ve noticed it has kind of dropped off the radar now that the silly season is in full swing. The DNC knows that is a losing issue and actually may come back to bite them in the ***.

Speaking of silly season, has it ever been this early before? I remember when you heard a bit here and there about various candidates but it really got into full swing just before the Iowa caucuses. They’ve already had two nationally televised debates and the primaries aren’t until next year. Shouldn’t some of these senators be doing their job instead of campaigning already? I’m already sick of all of them. Or is that the point so someone like Michael Bloomberg or Schultz or Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama can come swooping in at the last minute to save the Democrats?

Old 06-29-2019, 10:50 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,102,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I forgot to mention Russian collusion, but I’ve noticed it has kind of dropped off the radar now that the silly season is in full swing. The DNC knows that is a losing issue and actually may come back to bite them in the ***.

Speaking of silly season, has it ever been this early before? I remember when you heard a bit here and there about various candidates but it really got into full swing just before the Iowa caucuses. They’ve already had two nationally televised debates and the primaries aren’t until next year. Shouldn’t some of these senators be doing their job instead of campaigning already? I’m already sick of all of them. Or is that the point so someone like Michael Bloomberg or Schultz or Hillary Clinton or Michelle Obama can come swooping in at the last minute to save the Democrats?
The part of silly season is seeing the Republican Party turn a blind eye to Russian involvement in our elections which was proven. Seeing our current President play footsie with Putin and call him a good man. Reagan would have spun in his grave.

Sad very sad 2hat the Republican Party has become.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:04 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
The part of silly season is seeing the Republican Party turn a blind eye to Russian involvement in our elections which was proven. .....
Where's the proof?

But if it did happen, it's Obama's fault. He was in charge of protecting the USA from foreign influence at the time.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:06 AM

17,447 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I would if Trump wasn't pandering so much to the Christian right. If he stayed fiscal and fixed healthcare like he said he would, he'd probably have my vote but, he's not doing that so it's a no.

I do like a few things about him though.

I despise religious politics, it's akin to middle east living making things seem backward, no thanks. I'm not religious, so it feels like our presidents are nuts when they talk about God directing their decisions. Wacky in 2019.
Anyone who wants healthcare “fixed” or any immigration reform. - needs to keep in mind exactly who is keeping that from happening. There is only so much a President can do on his own ... they actually used to teach Civics in schools.

The Democrats who totally control the US House, that’s not to give the Establishment Republicans in the Senate a pass. All of them care about their income stream and cushy jobs than they do the American Citizens they are supposed to work for.

Want a strong economy, jobs, rising wages, and programs that actually work?
Elect people that care more about what they were elected to do than they do about rich donors and their own careers.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:06 AM

1,074 posts, read 642,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Free healthcare and college for ILLEGAL ALIENS, paid for by the American Citizen - anti American

Amnesty for Illegal Aliens incentivizing for them to come here which is the same as Open Borders - anti American

Huge Climate Change taxes through government schemes like Cap and Trade and surcharges on fossil fuels - economy killing and will raise the cost of living greatly on those that can least afford it. - anti American

Reparations for Blacks and LGBT which are divisive and costly - anti American

That's just a few off the top of my head.

Oh and Jan was always my favorite.
Free healthcare for illegal aliens = because they will find a way to get here anyway, regardless of all the policies and walls in the world (note, much the same argument that y'all make about guns), and we don not need a bunch of sick and infected people walking around affecting Americans. To me, that is pro-American

Amnesty = I believe one of our most revered symbols, the statue of LIBERTY, holds a scroll bearing "bring us your tired, your poor, your huddled massess....." Pro-American

Blacks and LGBTQI = ARE Americans. Do you not see Black/Hispanic/Asian/Middle Eastern all around you? Do you not see LGBTQI all around you? They ARE American. Anyone who makes this divisive IS themselves, the divider. The divider is the one who is anti-American

Yes, Jan is many people's favorite I am told

Old 06-29-2019, 11:14 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,226,741 times
I totally disagree that all the Democratic candidates are far left. Sanders yes, Warren yes, but Kamala Harris sounds very reasonable to me. I would not vote for uncle "Handsy" Joe. Harris nailed him pretty good.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:18 AM

4,519 posts, read 1,870,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Which Democrat would you consider voting for? There are several that aren't far let.
Do you dispute that 100% didn’t pledge free healthcare for illegals, on video, in front of millions of people?

Please explain how this is not “far left” behavior

Every last one of them is as crazy and dangerous as Bernie.

There are two possible outcomes, either the Democrat party is finished or America is finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections