Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:09 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,598,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The candidates are vying for the progressive wing of the party in the primaries. Most -- except maybe Sanders and Warren -- will move a little to ther right and closer to center after they are nominated. Harris is very adept at this. I've seen it California. Don't underestimate her ability to win elections.
Too late! They can’t move back to the center after that debate. The one thing a Democratic President can do without any help from Congress is stop enforcing the border and letting everyone come to the interior of the country to await a hearing they know they will never show up for. They’ll do it too. I will not vote for even a moderate dem because they are a package deal and you can’t trust a one of them.

And am I the only one who can’t stand Kamala Harris? She talks to everyone like they’re a hostile witness on trial for some high crime. She is sneering and condescending, and always tries to trip people up with gotcha questions. She is not likeable in the least.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well......

No Trump supporter is going to vote in this poll. In fact the only ones who do, will vote solely on irrational hate towards Trump. They have no other issue.

But clearly last night, it looks as if the only ones the Democrats have who could realistically take on Trump are Pocahontas, Harris & Buttigieg and possibly Booker.

The rest? Not happening. Bad morning for the hard core Democrat. The sad thing is, they had it much better with Hillary.
Their best is Buttigieg, a guy who looks like he just got out of high school and has a husband at home. I don’t mind the husband, but we know that’s going to make it hard to win even his own primary. But overall I like Pete. I may like Andrew Yang too, but I sure didn’t get to hear him speak. It’s clear the DNC is not going to let him have any breakthrough moments.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:15 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,616,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Too late! They can’t move back to the center after that debate. The one thing a Democratic President can do without any help from Congress is stop enforcing the border and letting everyone come to the interior of the country to await a hearing they know they will never show up for. They’ll do it too. I will not vote for even a moderate dem because they are a package deal and you can’t trust a one of them.

And am I the only one who can’t stand Kamala Harris? She talks to everyone like they’re a hostile witness on trial for some high crime. She is sneering and condescending, and always tries to trip people up with gotcha questions. She is not likeable in the least.
I cringe when I see Kamala Harris, or hear her speak. Ugh. However, I do the same with Gay Pete, Beto, Biden, Warren, Booker, and all the others. Just awful, and extremely FAR LEFT. Radically so. They can not walk back their anti American positions at this point. They are ALL on record.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:16 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,722,533 times
If the Democrats nominate a neoliberal, I will be sitting at home come November 2020.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:54 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,996,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I would vote for anyone over Trump.

IMO, the 2020 election is ABC...Anybody But Chump.

I'd vote for a sane republican turned democrat over Chump. Jon Huntsman was the sanest of the sane years ago and I hate that he didn't get more traction.

Shoot, she's a freaking nut BUT I'd vote for Palin over Chump.

He's a disgrace and needs to crawl back inside whatever gold plated hole he came out of.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Here's the problem that I see. The Democrats could conjure up the best politician on the planet but their platform is sooooooo comically bad it's embarrassing. I can't think of a better word than embarrassing. I've talked to many folks last few days and we all agree. Come on Dems, that's all you got?

Fact of the matter is they've veered too far left. These issues that they discuss are so radical they don't appear on the radar of your average citizen.

I almost feel sorry for them....almost. I'm not a huge Trump fan but given the choice of Trump or the Democratic platform, I'll pick Trump 8 days a week.

Again, this next election will boil down to Americans picking the lesser of two evils. If the Democrats think they can win with their platform, they are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
They’ve really painted themselves into a corner with the identity politics. I remember thinking the day after Trump’s shocking win that people were going to have wtf moments and eventually regret the vote. I voted for him thinking he had no chance to win, but I didn’t want Texas to go blue and I was really mad about the San Jose rally and the way people were beating Trump supporters for attending a political rally while the police watched and did nothing. Plus the Supreme Court vacancy, which I’m sure put him over the top.

I figured the DNC would have a come to Jesus moment and work to have a more unifying message and try to win back the working class in the Midwest. Take advantage of Trump’s promise to do more fair trade deals (this was a Democratic platform for as long as I can remember, same with immigration enforcement). But they can’t do it with the different groups they have. I would have at least thought they wouldn’t vilify the voters, but instead try to win them back.

They did none of that. They even defended MS-13 when Trump called them animals. They showed not only a lack of sympathy, but real anger towards the parents who lost children to illegal immigrants. They encouraged attacking anyone who worked in the Trump Administration wherever they went, in movie theaters, restaurants, or even while pumping gas. They defended Antifa violence. They vilified children who went to a pro-life rally and wore MAGA hats. They’ve promised to get rid of the Electoral College. They even debated giving the right to vote to 16-year olds. Don’t even get me started on what they did to Brett Kavanaugh.

They basically said at these debates that they wouldn’t enforce the border and will decriminalize illegal border crossing, and give them free healthcare and housing and college. They can’t even do that for our own citizens! They had a candidate say that America has plenty of money, it’s just in the wrong hands. Even if their promises are akin to a student running for class president promising koolaid in the water fountains and no homework, the one thing they can do (and will do) is allow the border to be completely unsecured and invite every asylum seeker in so they can await a hearing they’ll never show up for. Kamala Harris even promised to override our 2nd amendment through executive order. They want the Equality Act that would effectively end women’s sports. They want to end fossil fuel extraction. The Democrats are terrifying these days.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
IMO, the 2020 election is ABC...Anybody But Chump.

I'd vote for a sane republican turned democrat over Chump. Jon Huntsman was the sanest of the sane years ago and I hate that he didn't get more traction.

Shoot, she's a freaking nut BUT I'd vote for Palin over Chump.

He's a disgrace and needs to crawl back inside whatever gold plated hole he came out of.
What's Trump (Chump) done that is bad for the country and U.S. citizens?

The economy? Unemployment? Trade deals? Stock market? Housing market? Inflation? New wars? What exactly? Be specific.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I cringe when I see Kamala Harris, or hear her speak. Ugh. However, I do the same with Gay Pete, Beto, Biden, Warren, Booker, and all the others. Just awful, and extremely FAR LEFT. Radically so. They can not walk back their anti American positions at this point. They are ALL on record.
They can’t walk it back, and they don’t want to. That’s how they really feel. But while I like Pete Buttigieg, I would not even vote for him because I don’t trust democrats in Congress.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:14 AM

1,074 posts, read 642,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How are their positions anti-American? I do hear that a lot, but I have listened, read, researched, and still don't understand what that means or where it came from. Do you have some enlightenment you could share on that subject?

Old 06-29-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
How are their positions anti-American? I do hear that a lot, but I have listened, read, researched, and still don't understand what that means or where it came from. Do you have some enlightenment you could share on that subject?
Free healthcare and college for ILLEGAL ALIENS, paid for by the American Citizen - anti American

Amnesty for Illegal Aliens incentivizing for them to come here which is the same as Open Borders - anti American

Huge Climate Change taxes through government schemes like Cap and Trade and surcharges on fossil fuels - economy killing and will raise the cost of living greatly on those that can least afford it. - anti American

Reparations for Blacks and LGBT which are divisive and costly - anti American

That's just a few off the top of my head.

Oh and Jan was always my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections