Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:49 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The problem is there are no reasonable Democrats left anymore. They are all far left wing wackos who want open borders and unlimited abortions.
that violent push to the hard left will cause some democrats, like the OP, to vote trump; and others to stay home out of sheer disgust.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:26 AM

862 posts, read 520,465 times
Trump is immoral but is fundamentally right on some things, Dems are fundamentally insane.

The only dem candidate I would even consider would be be Biden, and im pretty damn sure they will feed him to the wolves.

Its either no vote or Trump for me. Prob depends how blatantly anti Semitic AOC, Tlaib, Omar ETC are in the weeks up to the election tbh.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:42 AM

3,798 posts, read 2,335,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The problem is there are no reasonable Democrats left anymore. They are all far left wing wackos who want open borders and unlimited abortions.

No, they aren't. Some are, and should not be voted for, but most just want immigrants and refugees to be treated fairly and have voted for bills that would tighten up border security with more high tech means. Just because they don't want a stupid wall doesn't mean they want open borders.

And no one that I know wants unlimited abortions.

So long as the KKK and actual Nazis follow Trump, I won't. So long as he breaks the law with impunity, I will call for his ousting. So long as he idolizes dictators and treats our allies badly, I'll speak out against him. He's a NY Democrat who changed parties to run for office, and is the definition of RINO. I voted against him in the primaries (would have liked to see Kasich in there), as his record as a private citizen was horrible. And I voted independent in 2016. Won't make that mistake again.

I don't like Bernie, or Elizabeth Warren, but I'll be on the side of the "get Trump out" voters this time around.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:45 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,829,843 times
I don't like the Dems on immigration, but I will take open borders over a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't like the Dems on immigration, but I will take open borders over a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.
wow..just...wow..i cannot even wrap my mind around that one

Old 07-09-2019, 12:48 PM

17,710 posts, read 6,962,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63 View Post
No, they aren't. Some are, and should not be voted for, but most just want immigrants and refugees to be treated fairly and have voted for bills that would tighten up border security with more high tech means. Just because they don't want a stupid wall doesn't mean they want open borders.
Apparently you missed the Democrat debates. 20 out of 20 Democrat Presidential candidates believe U.S. citizens should provide free health care to illegal aliens. 19 out of 20 Democrat Presidential candidates agreed that entering the U.S. illegally should be decriminalized. That's open borders. That's insanity. A "stupid wall" is part of Trump's plan to secure the border and there is no good argument against it. Democrats of 20 years ago may have voted for border security, but now they have proven that they are 100% opposed to any serious border security measure. Even when Trump offered to give legal status to DACA recipients in exchange for border security, the extremist Democrats did not agree to that. So, while there might in theory be some Democrats opposed to open borders, all Democrats in a leadership position and all Democrats running for President are for open borders. Even if there were a Democrat opposed to open borders running in the Democrat primary, that wouldn't matter because the lunatics who vote in Democrat primaries would never elect a candidate who puts American citizens before illegal aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters63
And no one that I know wants unlimited abortions.
Who you know is irrelevant. The Democrat Party platform and the voting records of these people prove that Democrats will ensure that there are unlimited abortions for any reason or for no reason up until birth. In some cases, they have even signaled support for abortions AFTER birth, which is technically infanticide. For all of Trump's faults, he is not an extremist ghoul on the abortion issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvetters
So long as the KKK and actual Nazis follow Trump, I won't.
The Klan endorsed Hillary. Actual Nazis? Who are you talking about? There are actual domestic terror organizations that support the Democrat Party such as Antifa. So maybe you should rethink your support for any Democrat.

Quote:
So long as he breaks the law with impunity, I will call for his ousting.
He hasn't broken any laws. Please turn off CNN/MSBNC/ABC/CBS or whatever Democrat propaganda wing you're glued to. The Mueller report confirmed that there was no collusion between the Russians and any member of Donald Trump's presidential campaign, including Trump himself. You should be miffed that you were lied to for 2+ years by the very people you're so eager to vote for now.

Quote:
So long as he idolizes dictators and treats our allies badly, I'll speak out against him.
The only person Trump idolizes is himself.
Quote:
He's a NY Democrat who changed parties to run for office, and is the definition of RINO.
He's accomplished more for conservatives than any Republican president in my lifetime. Countless federal judges, the largest tax cut in U.S. history, unprecedented economic growth, moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and there are literally hundreds more promises made and promises kept.
Quote:
I voted against him in the primaries (would have liked to see Kasich in there), as his record as a private citizen was horrible. And I voted independent in 2016. Won't make that mistake again.
I voted against him in the 2016 primary as well. I'm highly amused that you call Trump a RINO while praising Kasich, whose picture appears next to the word "RINO" in the dictionary. Sounds to me like you need to join the open borders party you sympathize with and become a Democrat already. Good riddance.

Quote:
I don't like Bernie, or Elizabeth Warren, but I'll be on the side of the "get Trump out" voters this time around.
See ya at the polls.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:39 PM

1,074 posts, read 642,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Trump is immoral but is fundamentally right on some things, Dems are fundamentally insane.

The only dem candidate I would even consider would be be Biden, and im pretty damn sure they will feed him to the wolves.

Its either no vote or Trump for me. Prob depends how blatantly anti Semitic AOC, Tlaib, Omar ETC are in the weeks up to the election tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why is everyone saying open borders all the time? I watched the Dem debates 3 times (both nights) and tried desperately to hear the words "open borders" but never even heard anything close.
What I did here was that if people- whether legal, illegal, criminals, not criminals, etc- are here and, being human beings, have saliva, breath, blood, etc which could spread germs, wouldn't we want to get rid of those germs which could infect Americans?
I mean, that's just common sense

Old 07-12-2019, 08:21 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,096,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Why is everyone saying open borders all the time? I watched the Dem debates 3 times (both nights) and tried desperately to hear the words "open borders" but never even heard anything close.
What I did here was that if people- whether legal, illegal, criminals, not criminals, etc- are here and, being human beings, have saliva, breath, blood, etc which could spread germs, wouldn't we want to get rid of those germs which could infect Americans?
I mean, that's just common sense
They haven’t said they want more illegals for future possible votes and so they can more immediately increase their population for gains in numbers of representatives in the US House, and electoral college, but that’s obviously what they want.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:19 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,699,179 times
Another poll with leading questions.

I will vote for any candidate other than Trump. I don't care if it's Joe the plumber or the local drunk. Anybody would be better than Comrade Trump.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:09 PM

7,182 posts, read 4,585,399 times
Anybody but Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections