Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Satisfied Are You With President Trump?
Very highly satisfied 60 67.42%
Somewhat satisfied 15 16.85%
Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied 2 2.25%
Somewhat not dissatisfied 2 2.25%
Not at all dissatisfied 10 11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:42 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I would put Trump in the bottom three all time. I think he is a strong contender with Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan for worst president in our history.

Seriously, have you ever listened to anything Trump has ever said?
Yes I have. And that's why I correctly predicted on this forum that not only would he beat the 17 GOP contenders against him, that he would also beat Hillary Clinton.

How did you do on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 07:50 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,682,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes I have. And that's why I correctly predicted on this forum that not only would he beat the 17 GOP contenders against him, that he would also beat Hillary Clinton.

How did you do on that?

Not too well since I gave the American voter more credit for not succumbing to mob mentality. Trump was something the electoral college was designed to prevent but failed miserably in 2016. I doubt it happens twice in a row.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:59 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Not too well since I gave the American voter more credit for not succumbing to mob mentality. Trump was something the electoral college was designed to prevent but failed miserably in 2016. I doubt it happens twice in a row.
Ahh. So now you accuse 63,000,000 of your fellow Americans of having mob mentality. That's on you. Nobody else.

Here's a tip. Democrats aren't going to win elections by blaming the voters for their failed candidates.

Trump won on the six issues that I said he would win on, and he's going to do it again.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:01 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,594,564 times
Quote:
I would put Trump in the bottom three all time. I think he is a strong contender with Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan for worst president in our history.

Seriously, have you ever listened to anything Trump has ever said?
Are you kidding? Compared to Obama and Carter and the possibility of Hillary, Buchanan and Johnson were freakin' rock stars. Trump is in my TOP 3 along with Truman and Ike

Old 06-29-2019, 08:21 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,682,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh. So now you accuse 63,000,000 of your fellow Americans of having mob mentality. That's on you. Nobody else.

Here's a tip. Democrats aren't going to win elections by blaming the voters for their failed candidates.

Trump won on the six issues that I said he would win on, and he's going to do it again.
Trump won because of the following (in no particular order):

1. Russian involvement
2. Single issue voters, e.g., gun control, abortion
3. Dislike of Hillary Clinton
4. Dumbing down of the the American voter

Old 06-29-2019, 08:24 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,672,329 times
Trump should be getting much higher approval ratings w/ economy going pretty well, but he isn't. He's got himself to blame for that.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:31 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,837,261 times
Lol... he won because he was a better candidate for America. He lost the popular vote because most Americans don't live in NY, CA or in urban environments.

In much the same way as a baseball game is won.... it's by runs scored, not by how many hits your team gets.

Final score won by Team Trump 30 to 20. Better luck next time, losers.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:48 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Lol... he won because he was a better candidate for America. He lost the popular vote because most Americans don't live in NY, CA or in urban environments.

In much the same way as a baseball game is won.... it's by runs scored, not by how many hits your team gets.

Final score won by Team Trump 30 to 20. Better luck next time, losers.
You know how it is. Better luck often comes the next time.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:59 AM

23,582 posts, read 17,262,317 times
Default when will the democrats unveil their secret weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
So with all the Democrat polling going on, why not ask the question from across the table?

How satisfied are you with President Trump?

perfectly satisfied!

As the entire democrat field, vying to be the prez candidate, have eliminated themselves from contention by their performance in the 1st two debates. the big question is, when will the democrats unveil their secret weapon, michelle Obama. A double novelty candidate and a sure winner.

If these dems want so bad to be president, they need to run in some of the Pan American countries. assorted banana republics, universities or perhaps Norway.

what you saw were the democrats actually believing in the propaganda they spread thru their official media propaganda machine. they exist in a little bubble of their own making and are unable to approach the reality where the rest of the county lives

Old 06-29-2019, 09:33 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Trump won because of the following (in no particular order):

1. Russian involvement
2. Single issue voters, e.g., gun control, abortion
3. Dislike of Hillary Clinton
4. Dumbing down of the the American voter

1 Russian involvement? Hasn't that been dispelled to no end and if not then what exactly did they do?

2 Single issues such as gun control, abortion and I would add illegal immigration are serious issues that millions of voters in America deem important enough to block the Democrats from having their way with them.

3 I agree on the dislike of Hillary. She was the worst candidate ever that carried more baggage than a bell hop for Kim Kerdashian.

4 What is funny is the "dumbing down of the American voter" is something that we are seeing from both sides.

Trump had a basic message of safety, security and prosperity for everyone (Illegals need not apply) you know MAGA.

What did Hillary offer? More of the same ol questionable policies carried over from Obama along with some schemes of her own?

I think people you know the white middle agers that the Left seems happy to discard and label as Deplorable... They (we) are tired of being blamed for everything that is wrong in the world. They are tired of the Left making excuses for America and excuses for peoples bad behavior when they act out. How about taking some personal responsibility folks?

I say Trump with all his faults for 2020. America herself is at stake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections