Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:25 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Wish I could vote for this man. I've seen him on TV for the past few years and have been very impressed. He isn't all talk, no action. Instrumental in getting Brain Kolfage's We Build The Wall project off the ground. Just got an email from Kolfage's We Build The Wall website:

As a member of WeBuildTheWall's Board of Directors and our General Counsel, Kris Kobach has demonstrated that he isn't your typical politician. We would not be building these segments of wall without Kobach's intelligence, tenacity, and courage. The great thing about working with Kris is he doesn't make excuses, he gets things done.

Kris has decided to run for the United States Senate in 2020 and he's obviously got my personal endorsement and support. When Kris first told me he was running, my biggest concern was that we still need his help building wall. After speaking with Kris, I'm relieved to report that he will be continuing his work with WeBuildTheWall while he runs for the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Had an interesting start to his campaign

Quote:
But the FEC filing initially spelled the former Kansas secretary of state’s name as “Chris,” an inauspicious start to his campaign to replace retiring Republican Sen. Pat Roberts. The spelling was corrected about an hour later.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...232398882.html

Lol oops

He ran for Governor last year and lost, many Republicans fear him running for Senate could put the seat up for grabs.

Quote:
“Just last year Kris Kobach ran and lost to a Democrat. Now, he wants to do the same and simultaneously put President Trump’s presidency and Senate Majority at risk. We know Kansans won’t let that happen and we look forward to watching the Republican candidate they do choose win next fall,” said Joanna Rodriguez, spokeswoman for the NRSC.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:46 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,918 times
If you run for governor in a rather red state and lose as Republican.. and many people who were Republicans didnt like him (I live in Kansas) This proves how far right you are Original Poster...

Old 07-22-2019, 07:22 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wish I could vote for this man. I've seen him on TV for the past few years and have been very impressed. He isn't all talk, no action. Instrumental in getting Brain Kolfage's We Build The Wall project off the ground. Just got an email from Kolfage's We Build The Wall website:

As a member of WeBuildTheWall's Board of Directors and our General Counsel, Kris Kobach has demonstrated that he isn't your typical politician. We would not be building these segments of wall without Kobach's intelligence, tenacity, and courage. The great thing about working with Kris is he doesn't make excuses, he gets things done.

Kris has decided to run for the United States Senate in 2020 and he's obviously got my personal endorsement and support. When Kris first told me he was running, my biggest concern was that we still need his help building wall. After speaking with Kris, I'm relieved to report that he will be continuing his work with WeBuildTheWall while he runs for the Senate.
He LOST the governor race in Kansas to a Democrat. I agree perfect choice for the Republican Senate seat.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:21 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Kobach is the second most despised candidate by the Republican Party. Roy Moore is #1.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:04 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
He is going to have to get himself appointed to something to further his political career. I could see Pat Roberts seat flipping Democrat if the right person runs.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:11 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Kobach is a failure.
Trump appointed him to head up a Voter Fraud commission, it collapsed and died.
When Kobach was Secretary of State, there were registration irregularities under his watch; a grand jury investigated.
No indictment was handed down but he damaged the public image of his state's vote counting offices.
The guy is bad news.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Kobach is a failure.
Trump appointed him to head up a Voter Fraud commission, it collapsed and died.
When Kobach was Secretary of State, there were registration irregularities under his watch; a grand jury investigated.
No indictment was handed down but he damaged the public image of his state's vote counting offices.
The guy is bad news.
States didn't want to cooperate with the voter fraud thing. Interestingly, CA is now deleting a million and a half dead, old voter registrations after a lawsuit by Judicial Watch (I think, don't recall the details.). So if Hillary is planning to run again, she won't have those voters.

If Trump campaigns for Kobach, he will win.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Let's remember that Kansas isn't the most conservative state in the union. Very Republican, the state will and has shunned extremely conservative Republicans in place of "moderate" Democrats for statewide office. Obama's HHS secretary (Sebelius) was the Governor of Kansas before she took on that role.

While I'd love to have Kobach in the Senate, I am against him running here as I think he'll make it needlessly difficult to win the seat. Granted, given that he'd be running in a presidential election year, I see him winning, but he'd make it more difficult than it should be for a Republican to win that seat.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Had an interesting start to his campaign

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...232398882.html

Lol oops

He ran for Governor last year and lost, many Republicans fear him running for Senate could put the seat up for grabs.
He's another cancer cell in the malignancy that is eating away at democracy.
Quote:
The GOP’s Stealth War Against Voters

Kobach’s Crosscheck purge machinery was in operation well before Trump arrived on the political scene – and will continue for elections to come. Low voter turnout of any kind traditionally favors the GOP, and this is the party’s long game to keep the rolls free of young people, minorities and the poor. Santiago Juarez of New Mexico, an attorney who has done work for the League of United Latin American Citizens, has spent years signing up Hispanic voters in the face of systemic efforts to suppress their vote. He scoffed at the idea of a massive conspiracy among Latinos to vote in two states. “Hell,” he said, “you can’t get people to vote once, let alone twice.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...voters-247905/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-23-2019 at 11:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections