Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,584,283 times

Advertisements

Even after Obama's bitter remarks, Quinnipiac University poll shows no change in percentage. However The black vote has surged from 75 percent to 86 percent after the bitter remarks.

Numbers Steady in Pennsylvania; Democratic Race Turns on Obama ‘Bitter’ Comment - America’s Election HQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,747 times
talking anout solidarity LOL, previously Obama was too white, he might get 90% black vote in NOV

Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

479 posts, read 1,456,506 times
Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/pennsylvania/pennsylvania_democratic_presidential_primary - broken link)

With a week to go until Pennsylvania voters render their final verdict, Hillary Clinton has opened a nine-percentage point lead over Barack Obama in the Keystone State. The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey shows Clinton now attracts 50% of the vote while Obama earns 41%.
That’s a slight improvement for Clinton who led by five percentage points a week ago (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/pennsylvania/pennsylvania_clinton_48_obama_43 - broken link).

Old 04-15-2008, 02:53 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,747 times
i reckon Obama has a silent margin of 5 for people scared to open up to pollsters..

Old 04-15-2008, 03:29 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
He he. I wouldn't want to bet on whos going to get the nomination.

I share alot of Obama's views. I don't consider myself an elitist or anything like that. But alot of what he said about small town america is true.

Many people are bitter. One can ride around Memphis Tn on any given week day and observe their conversation.

One of the first things that they ask in the mid south is where do you go to church. Its like some social club or in many cases a cultish like institution vs the body of Christ. One can't tell me that the Lord like people making a mockery out of something as sacred as his church. These folks are sick in the head.

Another thing is the gun issue. People do like their guns in small town america. Ask any redneck walking down the street or in the mall.

And yes people are scared of people that don't look or think them. Most small town americans will never admit to the problem or their fears but its true. Just listen to their politics.

I've been an Obama supporter since september of last year. My mind hasn't changed yet.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,744 times
The droves of people registering to vote is a tell tale sign, people are not only bitter, I would go as far to say people are PO'd with this current administration. Hillary is trying to paint this picture, Oh, people are not bitter, they are strong and want someone to fight for them. Hillary needs to cut the bull and just admit, most Americans are not happy and that is no insult, it's the dam truth. Obama is right, she is just another typical politician that will tell you want you want to hear and not tell you want you need to hear and some people just can't handle this hard truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections