Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:37 AM

270 posts, read 527,346 times

Advertisements

Listen to yourself. You are saying that Stephanapolis didn't give Clinton the difficult questions because he was a Clinton staffer and he likes Clinton. He doesn't like Clinton and rarely says anything good about her. I was suprised that he didn't give her harder questions. I'm not defending it and saying it was fair. I also am not saying that Clinton did a much better job. But I do have to say I would rather have someone who is steely-faced in the White House and stands up to questions rather than someone who stumbles around when a speech is not written for him. Thats all. Sorry didn't mean to offend you at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,083,553 times
I guess I do not want my Democratic candidate picked on Republican terms. Either we have the right policies for the American people or we do not, but we have to have the courage of our convictions to put forth our best "Democratic Leader" and let the chips fall where they may!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,872,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I guess I do not want my Democratic candidate picked on Republican terms. Either we have the right policies for the American people or we do not, but we have to have the courage of our convictions to put forth our best "Democratic Leader" and let the chips fall where they may!
See that's all relavent. I don't find Obama to be the best democratic leader nor do many others supporting this party. All the Obama supporters who are attacking Hillary supporters need to get their heads out of their behinds and realize that he IS going to NEED our votes if he gets the nominations. The over zealous, hateful attitude that comes from his supporters on this forum is bad and I've run into some around here in person. Not a good strategy for the real election in November. You can say our votes don't matter all you want but the fact is they matter a lot in the general election.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:02 PM

270 posts, read 527,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
See that's all relavent. I don't find Obama to be the best democratic leader nor do many others supporting this party. All the Obama supporters who are attacking Hillary supporters need to get their heads out of their behinds and realize that he IS going to NEED our votes if he gets the nominations. The over zealous, hateful attitude that comes from his supporters on this forum is bad and I've run into some around here in person. Not a good strategy for the real election in November. You can say our votes don't matter all you want but the fact is they matter a lot in the general election.
AMEN!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I have repeatedly said on this Forum that given my druthers, I will pick Obama, but I will certainly be voting for Hillary over any alternative. However, I will not choose my primary vote based on what the Republicans think. Both Hillary and Barack are the same except in the margins, and there should be no more of the Hillbillary nor Barack Hussein comments from any Democrat. Do we want to win? Yes! And we want to win on our merits so the country can be united, not on gutter politics from any candidate!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,141 times
apparently the audience at the debate didnt appreciate the negative tone of the debate. The Moderators mainly focused on Mishaps by both candidates instead of the issues....The moderators got bood towards the end. Many are saying its the worst debate so far and that the goal was to destroy Obama and Hillary. There were also complaints about the numerous commercials during this debate.

ABC Hosts Heckled After Debate: "The Crowd Is Turning On Me" - Media on The Huffington Post

Old 04-17-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
apparently the audience at the debate didnt appreciate the negative tone of the debate. The Moderators mainly focused on Mishaps by both candidates instead of the issues....The moderators got bood towards the end.

ABC Hosts Heckled After Debate: "The Crowd Is Turning On Me" - Media on The Huffington Post
Good
That was my point. The fed the tabloids rather than being stewards of the American trust.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,687,605 times
Ron Paul :-)

Old 04-17-2008, 01:07 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,006,964 times
Does anyone think Obama answered the capitol gains tax question very well?

Old 04-17-2008, 01:11 PM

25 posts, read 13,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Does anyone think Obama answered the capitol gains tax question very well?
Do you honestly believe an average American that makes below $ 40,000 annually cares to know about capital gain tax??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections