Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 05:23 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times

Advertisements

Moody’s Analytics released the results of its 2020 prediction model on Tuesday showing Trump winning with 332 electoral votes, an increase over his 2016 win of 306.

I agree with Moody's result. President Donald Trump has gained so much respect from Americans since 2016, I do think he will win in the 2020 election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 08:21 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Interesting.

I agree, that he will be re-elected, as well.

What's fascinating and impressive about Trump is his amazing resiliency in the face of high risk, consistent media and Democrat attacks, and serious large groups of people hoping he will fail.

His "non-DC-swamp" history and his successful business acumen have proven to be important reasons for his success. As-a-result, I think voters are wising up and will see past the Democrat and media BS, and focus on his results in office.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:29 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
As per the article "if the economy is strong and if turn out is low." That's a lot of uncertainty. If the Democrats take the Senate and keep the house Trump will be impeached if he wins again. If Trump is impeached before the election.... If Trump resigns with lets make a deal from Pence for a pardon because his crimes are catching up to him. There's a lot of if's in there.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:35 AM

446 posts, read 167,310 times
Of course he will be reelected, unless something unforseen and dramatic happens between now and the election.

For now, circumstances are even more in Trump's favor than they were in 2016, where the democrats had an heir apparent candidate. What has changed so much since 2016 which would indicate a different outcome? Those who liked him in 2016, like him more now, and he now has the incumbent advantage. Democrats, meanwhile, don't have a particularly strong candidate to take him on. Hillary was much more popular than any of the current candidates.

Democrats cannot complain about the economy, because frankly, its on fire.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:46 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,400,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelateTransform View Post
Of course he will be reelected, unless something unforseen and dramatic happens between now and the election.

For now, circumstances are even more in Trump's favor than they were in 2016, where the democrats had an heir apparent candidate. What has changed so much since 2016 which would indicate a different outcome? Those who liked him in 2016, like him more now, and he now has the incumbent advantage. Democrats, meanwhile, don't have a particularly strong candidate to take him on. Hillary was much more popular than any of the current candidates.

Democrats cannot complain about the economy, because frankly, its on fire.
I think the only major risk is the economy, not because it's not doing well, but just because we are statistically due for a recession at some point in the next couple of years. If that recession happens to come around the same time as the election, then there is a risk.

Recessions are usually attributed to the person in office at the time of the recession, even though the sitting president during any recession has very little, if anything, to do with it.

Also, the UAW is working as hard as they can to create a recession, and the media is working as hard as they can to convince us that one has already arrived, so it's truly an uphill battle at the moment. Not that Trump has ever shied away from those

Old 10-16-2019, 09:50 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
I know a few rational people (what few there are in this forum) have repeatedly tried to point out that what you WANT to happen versus what you THINK will happen may be two very different things.....

And I'm still one of the few that is betting on Hillary jumping in.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCresident2014 View Post
I think the only major risk is the economy, not because it's not doing well, but just because we are statistically due for a recession at some point in the next couple of years. If that recession happens to come around the same time as the election, then there is a risk.

Recessions are usually attributed to the person in office at the time of the recession, even though the sitting president during any recession has very little, if anything, to do with it.

Also, the UAW is working as hard as they can to create a recession, and the media is working as hard as they can to convince us that one has already arrived, so it's truly an uphill battle at the moment. Not that Trump has ever shied away from those

You're right. A major recession would certainly change these circumstances.

We may see a major China deal mid-2020 that will pop the market. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but certainly they have motivation to get this done before the election.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Moody’s Analytics released the results of its 2020 prediction model on Tuesday showing Trump winning with 332 electoral votes, an increase over his 2016 win of 306.

I agree with Moody's result. President Donald Trump has gained so much respect from Americans since 2016, I do think he will win in the 2020 election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
And the one time it did get the results wrong was ... 2016! Guess what? It got Trump's election wrong, and it'll probably get his reelection wrong.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:21 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Also, from the link:
Quote:
If the economy remains strong and voter turnout meets the historical average or is low, the model shows Trump winning handily. In the event that voter turnout hits its historical high, the Democratic candidate is expected to win a close race with 279 electoral votes, just over the 270 vote threshold.
IOW the prediction is incumbent on average or low turnout. No guarantee that will happen. This model here predicts high turnout - and a loss for Trump.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:22 AM

What you WANT to happen versus what you THINK will happen may be two very different things.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections